A baby was born to Camelia Monroe of Arapahoe and Lynden Bell of Arapahoe at 8:34 a.m. Sept. 6 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 15.9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Dawn Goggles of Riverton and Blaine Oldman of Riverton at 8:36 a.m. Sept. 7 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 14.9 ounces.
A son was born to Cecilia Rodriguez of Riverton and Jadin Tillman of Fort Washakie at 9:28 p.m. Sept. 6 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
Mildred "Mickie" (Clark) Long, 88, passed away Sept. 7, 2017, at Thermopolis Rehabilitation and Wellness. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Lakeview Cemetery in Shoshoni.
Donna Johnson, 87, of Riverton, passed away Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, at Wind River Healthcare and Rehabilitation. There are no services scheduled.
Edith "Edee" Bennett, 79, of Riverton, passed away Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017, at Morning Star Manor. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Wednesday, September 13
The Riverton High School "Around the World" homecoming events are scheduled for Sept. 11-16. Coronation will be Sept. 12 at 10:30 a.m. in the gym and the chili feed will be at 5:30 p.m. The Burning of the R will start at 7:35 p.m. at Wolverine Field. The parade will be Sept. 15 at 2 p.m. on Main Street. Presentation of royalty will be made Sept. 15 at half-time of the 7 p.m. football game.
Thursday, September 14
The 8th annual tribal farmer's market will be held every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. until Oct. 12. They will be held on a rotating basis in three reservation communities:
- Fort Washakie - Post Office parking lot
(Located across from the Joint Tribal Building, turn left at the Tribal Gas Station.)
- Ethete - Blue Sky Hall parking lot
(Located at the corner of the stoplight, across from the Ethete Store.)
- Arapahoe - Great Plains parking lot
(Located just off of 17 Mile Road, west of the Health Center.)
Fees are $5 per day for vendors or $20 per season and $30 for out-of-state truck sales. Tables will not be provided. Pre-registration and payment in advance is encouraged but not required. The markets are sponsored by Blue Mountain Associates Inc. For more information call Viola Antelope at 314-8128.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Monday:
-Jonathan Sweaney, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 8 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of South Third Street West on a Fremont County warrant.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 31, of Riverton, and James Jenkins, 37, of Riverton, both were arrested at about 9:20 p.m. Friday on the bike path near East Pershing Avenue for public intoxication.
- Dallas Dresser, 30, of St. Stephens, was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of East Pershing Avenue for public intoxication.
- William Hassell, 56, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:20 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Broadway for driving under the influence and driving while suspended.
- Theodore Goggles, 76, of Riverton, was cited at about 10 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard for trespassing.
- Dalen Spoonhunter, 34, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday in the 1500 block of West Main Street for driving under the influence.
- Police responded at about 5:35 p.m. Saturday to reports that a license plate had been stolen off of a vehicle in the 300 block of Elizabeth Drive.
- Five people were cited at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday on North Federal Boulevard for minor in possession: Mario C'Bearing, 18, of Riverton, Zaknafein Dubeau, 19, of Shoshoni, Evan Washenfelder, 18, of Riverton, Manuel Gabriel, 20, of Shoshoni, and a 17-year-old Riverton by.
- Police responded at about 9:30 a.m. Sunday to reports of theft from a motor vehicle in the 500 block of East Madison Avenue. The reporting party said a wallet containing cash and credit cards was missing along with headsets for a DVD player and some movies; she did not know whether the vehicle had been locked, but police noted that there was no damage to the vehicle.
- Police responded at about 12:50 p.m. Sunday to reports that a gas grill had been stolen from the 100 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Jerald Friday, 50, of Casper, was arrested at about 4:40 p.m. Sunday on the bike path near the 300 block of East Lincoln Avenue for public intoxication.
- Jarett Johnson, 25, of Riverton, was cited at about 5:50 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of West Sunset Drive for failure to yield the right-of-way. Police were responding to reports of a minor, two-vehicle collision that resulted in no injuries.
- Rita King, 44, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6 p.m. Sunday on Navaho Avenue for assault, and a 15-year-old Riverton girl was cited for assault and resisting. Officials said multiple people were fighting, and when police arrived at the scene the 15-year-old hid in a closet and refused to come out; when police tried to remove her from the closet she reportedly pulled away. No serious injuries were recorded.
- Rosalynn Antelope, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 11:05 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of South Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
- An iPod was reported stolen at about8 a.m. Monday from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Laura Gonzalez, 34, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:40 a.m. Monday in the 200 block of North Seventh Street West on a Johnson County warrant.
-Q94;Police responded at about 1 p.m. Monday to reports that a recycling container had been stolen from the 300 block of North Sixth Street West.
- Clarence Jenkins, 60, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:50 p.m. Monday in the 1200 block of West Main Street for trespassing and on a Fremont County warrant.
- Two bicycles were reported stolen at about 4:30 p.m. Monday from a yard in the 1100 block of East Main Street.
- Dallas House, 24, of Riverton, was cited at about 7:40 p.m. Monday in the 1300 block of Redwood Drive for stealing $460 in cash from a residence in the area. At 8:55 p.m. Monday she was arrested in the 700 block of West Main Street on a Fremont County warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Monday:
-James Ross, 25, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:20 p.m. Friday on Lost Wells Butte Drive northwest of Riverton for domestic violence battery. His alleged victim had called police to say she had a fight with her boyfriend. Officials said the incident resulted in injuries to her arms and lip.
- Christine Gray, 49, of Shoshoni, was arrested at about 9:10 p.m. Friday on Muskrat Road north of Riverton for driving under the influence and open container. The reporting party said his girlfriend had wrecked her truck. Officials said the vehicle was not wrecked but was stuck along the side of the roadway.
- Deputies responded at about 11:45 p.m. Friday to reports that a black truck with one male occupant had struck two vehicles in a parking lot in the 200 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois. Officials said the suspect fled westbound and was not located.
- Deputies responded at about 5 a.m. Sunday to reports that a woman had arrived at the SageWest Health Care emergency room stating she had wrecked her vehicle on Bonneville Road north of Shoshoni. Officials said the vehicle had left the roadway after the driver swerved to miss an antelope. The vehicle struck a fence and an embankment, according to reports; minor injuries were recorded.
- Kae Lani Story, 27, of Lander, was arrested at about 12:30 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for bond revocation.
- A 59-year-old man was cited at about 7:30 a.m. Monday on Weather Vane Lane north of Riverton for battery. Deputies were responding to reports that the reporting party had been assaulted by a neighbor during a disagreement over water.
- Shaina Ute, 23, of Lander, was arrested at about 1:45 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of Popo Agie Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Deputies responded at about 4:20 p.m. Monday to reports that someone's son had driven off of the road and hit a fence on North Eighth Street West. No injuries were recorded.
- Brian Anderson, 35, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6:45 p.m. Monday on Firethorn Lane just north of Riverton for breach of peace and intoxicated pedestrian on the roadway. Deputies were responding to reports that a man in a cowboy hat was "carrying (a) case of beer and drinking it" in the area. Officials said Anderson was intoxicated on a public roadway; reports state he caused a disturbance when a deputy contacted him.
- A 13-year-old Lander girl was arrested for contempt of court.