Michael Dale Smith, 73, passed away Sept. 19, 2017. Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, September 23, 2017, at Mountain View Cemetery.A reception will follow at the Hudson Fire Station.
Linday Friday, 33, of St. Stephen's, passed away Monday, Sept. 18, 2017, at her home. A rosary will be recited at 7 p.m. Friday, Sept. 22, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home followed by a wake at 50 Miller Lane.The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home. Intermnet will be at the Blackburn Cemetery.
Friday, September 22
The Central Wyoming College Welcome Back powwow will be at the Intertribal Education and Community Center. Registration for dance contests and drum groups begin at 4 p.m. Grand entry is at 5:30 p.m. and vendors set up at 2 p.m.
There will be booths, activities and vendors. School groups and clubs are invited to set up games and activities for community members. Craft and food vendor spaces are $20. The Rez Car and Fry-Bread making contests begin at 4 p.m.
The first three drums will be paid and there will be prizes for dance contests winners. For more information call Brittiany Isis at 349-5039 to email at email@example.com.
The powwow is sponsored by CWC, CWC United Tribes Club, Wind River Job Corps and the Wind River Job Corps Wind River Warriors.
Saturday, September 23
Breakfast with Bighorns: Join Big Horn Sheep Center staff and volunteers on a driving tour and short trek of our local bighorn sheep habitat viewing area 8-10 a.m. from Dubois. A light breakfast will be provided. For more information call 455-3429.
A "Tiny Library Concert" sponsored by the Riverton Friends of the Library & Central Bank & Trust will be from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the library main floor. Attendees will get to enjoy music from Pigasus, an Alternative Rock band from Lander, who will be playing songs from their album Rebel Spirit. They'll also be playing some brand new, never-before-heard songs from an EP that they are planning to record this fall. Harpoon the Whale, an Indie Rock band from Laramie, will open the show.
A clothing giveaway will be held 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Wind River Lutheran Mission in Fort Washakie, at the corner of Trout Creek Road and Highway 287 near Hines General Store. Everyone is welcome.
The Lander Pioneer Museum invites Fremont County to come to a display of "The Life of Chief Washakie," featuring the Ralston paintings that were hung in the Noble Hotel for many years. All are invited to come to see this historic record of the Wind River Reservation at 7 p.m. at the Lander Museum. The free event includes refreshments and music.
The Riverton Ice Hockey Association is having a dinner and auction to raise money for their group beginning at 4 p.m. Dinner will be at 6 p.m. at St. Margaret's gymnasium. Tickets are $20 per person or $30 for a couple. Kids six and under are free.
Sunday, September 24
The Lander Disaster Relief 2017 Benefit will be from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the basement of the United Methodist Church. Casual attire is recommended. Attendees can donate to one of five charitable resources to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, and those affected by the Montana fires. A silent and live auction will also be held.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Police responded at about 2 a.m. Wednesday to reports that someone was ringing a door bell in the 900 block of Sherry Drive.
Danny Romero, 59, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue on an outstanding Fremont County warrant.
Amber Jean Luna Rojas, 35, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of South Fifth Street East for use of a controlled substance.
Gwenn Duran, 46, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of South First Street on an outstanding Riverton municipal warrant and for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
-Q94;Grantor: RUBIS LANCE KENAN, Grantee: HEIDENREICH ZEZEBEL EOWYN, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: LEBEAU WAR EAGLE JEFFREY BLAINE, Grantee: C BEARING JULIA MARY, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: NORMAN DONALD WAYNE, Grantee: NELSON LISA GAYE, Rec Date: 08/16/2017
- Grantor: ARMSTRONG ZACHARY ADAM, Grantee: BRADBURY STACEY LYNN, Rec Date: 08/17/2017
- Grantor: SPRIGGS MICHAEL THOMAS, Grantee: OBERLY JOHNNA LEAH, Rec Date: 08/17/2017
- Grantor: BOELTER DANIEL ARNOLD, Grantee: MYERS AMANDA SUE, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: MARTIN JOHN MICHAEL, Grantee: MCINTYRE CHELSY JO, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: BARKER SIDNEY DEAN, Grantee: FORTON KATELIN MARIE, Rec Date: 08/21/2017
- Grantor: EAGER ROBERTA I, Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 7 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: TALBOTT CAROLE DENISE, Rec Date: 08/29/2017
- Grantor: BECKWITH CHERRY ANN JABILLES, Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNBURST ESTATES RI Lot: 5 Block: 6 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: ALLEN DUSTIN L, ALLEN SHEILA, Rec Date: 08/29/2017
- Grantor: BRAUNIES KEITH, BRAUNEIS ELIZABETH, Legal: Sub/Mine: FOX PARK SUB MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: MCDANIEL REBECCA LYNN, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: WESSELS CHRISTOPHER MICHAEL, WESSELS GINA LYNNE, Legal: Sub/Mine: PORCUPINE SUB FILING #1 DU Lot: 4 City: DUBOIS , Grantee: FRANCIS TIMOTHY W, FRANCIS AMY M, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: FISCHER ANDREA K, Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Quarter: NESW Section: 8 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: REED MADTI M , Rec Date: 08/30/2017
-Q94;Grantor: FORTON ROBERT R, FORTON PATRICIA ANN, Legal: Sub/Mine: SACKETT SUB MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: BELL LEEANNE M , BELL GROVER CLEVELAND, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: PIGG CHERYL RENE, Legal: Sub/Mine: SPENCER SUB RI Lot: 2 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: STAGNER JENNIFER R , Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: LOWER PAULENE, Legal: Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 148 City: MISCELLANDER, Grantee: GEMKOW KEVIN, GEMKOW MORGAN, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: HAYES KRISTINA LYNN, Legal: Sub/Mine: BRODIE ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: BRODIE ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: ZIMMER THOMAS JOSEPH, ZIMMER CRISTIN ELIZABETH, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: CANNON ANNE E TRUSTEE, CANNON ANNE E LIVING TRUST, Legal: Section: 34 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: SEELY THEODORE H TRUSTEE, SEELY THEODORE H REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: BOLSER CLARK M SOLE TRUSTEE, BOLSER CLARK M LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: CATHEDRAL PARK ADD DU Lot: 2 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: ROGERS MARY C, ROGERS TIMOTHY J, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: FULCHER HENRY CLAY, CLARK MARGO ANNE, Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB DU Lot: 66 ... Grantee: RODKEY CHRISTOPHER P, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: STRAUS RICK, SHANLEY HEATHER, STROUS RICK, ..., Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 4 City: R... Grantee: STROUS RICK, STROUS HEATHER, Rec Date: 08/30/2017
- Grantor: FANNIE MAE , FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 10 Township: 2N Range: 5E, Grantee: BARTLETT TRAVIS D, BARTLETT COLLEEN K, Rec Date: 08/31/2017
- Grantor: RIVERBEND PROPERTIES LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 7 Block: 4 City... Grantee: CLIFFVIEW HOMES INC, Rec Date: 08/31/2017