TodayJun 30, 2016 From Staff
A daughter was born to Kylie Emerson of Riverton and Duke Emerson of Riverton at 1:32 p.m. June 14 at SageWest Health Care at Riverton. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
A daughter was born to Gayle Kinney of Lander and Jason Kinney of Lander at 12:14 p.m. June 24 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 2.7 ounces.
A child was born to Elizabeth Brauneis of Lander and Keith Brauneis of Lander at 10:18 p.m. June 26 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds.
Kelly Ann Ravert, age 58, of Lander, died May 9, after a long battle with cancer. There will be a celebration of her life at 11 a.m. July 9 at the Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home, in Lander.
Dianne Tippets, 77, of Riverton, died at the Help for Health Hospice Home on Thursday, June 30, 2016. Services will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 5 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Riverton.
Philp Lavoie, 77, of Riverton, died at his home on Wednesday, June 29. The viewing is 5-7 p.m. Friday, July 1 at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. The funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday, July. 6 at the United Baptist Church.
Thursday June 30
Fireworks will be set off at the Riverton baseball fields at dark.
Saturday July 2
The Lander Craft Show and Expo is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Inn of Lander, 260 Grandview. For more information, call 349-8343. Admission is free. Booths are $30.
Sunday July 3
Lander Pioneer Days is July 3-4 in Lander, with rodeos at 6:30 p.m. each night at the fairgrounds.
The Bighorn Sheep Center's 23rd Birthday will be celebrated at the Bighorn Sheep Center. The event is free and open to the public.
Pavillion's Old Fashioned Community Independance Day Celebration will be at the Pavillion Recreation Center. Dinner is at 5 p.m. Fireworks are at dusk.
Monday July 4
The Lander Pioneer Days Parade is at 10 a.m. on Lander Main Street with fireworks at 10 p.m. at the rodeo grounds.
The Dubois Fourth of July Parade is at 2 p.m. between town park and downtown Dubois. Ducky races begin at 2:45 at Horsecreek Bridge. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
The St. Thomas Episcopal Church Ice Cream Social is from 3-5 p.m. at 9 S. 1st Street in Dubois.
Tuesday July 5
The President of The University of Wyoming meet and greet is at from 4-6 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College Intertribal Education and Community Center. Light refreshments will be served at the event, hosted by the UW Alumni Association and others. During Laurie Nichols' first months in office, she is spending a day or two of each week traveling around the state to meet with citizens, community college and public school leaders, alumni, and legislators including Eastern Shoshone and Northern Arapaho tribal officials and others. Nichols began her duties as president May 16.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- Wilhelmina Spoonhunter, 26, of Ethete, was arrested at about 2:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Seventh Street East on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Clowry Means, 49, of St. Stephens, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- A tractor was reported stolen at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday from a property in the 600 block of South Sixth Street East.
- An 18-year-old Lander woman was cited for shoplifting at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. Reports state she took a $17 container of Mucinex from a store in the area.
- No one was injured in an incident involving a white 2002 Chevy Silverado and a silver and blue 1989 Chevy Suburban at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of South First Street.
- Kimberly Duran, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for attempting to steal $271 in meat at about 5 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Lisa Headley, 39, of Winslow, Arizona, was arrested for property destruction and criminal entry at about 6:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Mary Anne Drive. Reports state she snuck into an apartment by breaking a window and "passed out" in a back bedroom. About $200 in damage was recorded.
- Allison Trosper, 50, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Police responded at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday to reports that a man had stolen two cans of soda from a store in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- James Large, 29, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence and having no insurance at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday on Cooper Road.
- Jason Myhre, 33, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard on a parole warrant.
- Police are investigating reports of a fight involving several 15-16 year old girls from St. Stephens and Arapahoe who reportedly met at about 6 p.m. Wednesday behind All Nations Trailer Park. Reports state two of the girls were engaged in mutual combat, but one bystander also was injured by another bystander. Police will use a cell phone video of the incident to determine whether charges should be filed.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- An air ambulance was dispatched at about 12:30 p.m. Wednesday to Christina Lake, where a 40-year-old man reportedly broke his ribs after his four-wheeler fell off of a rock.
- Ashley Mele, 18, of Lander, was arrested at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton on a court order.
- Grantor: RETURNS TO WAR TELANO MONTOYA Grantee: THUNDER DANELLE ROSE, Rec Date: 06/13/2016
These Wyoming lotteries were drawn Wednesday:
Estimated jackpot: $415 million
23-29-37-60-64, Powerball: 6, Power Play: 2
Estimated jackpot: $222 million