TodayAug 10, 2016 From Staff
A daughter was born to Jade Wagon of Riverton and Jory C'Hair of Salt Lake City, Utah at 3:47 p.m. August 4 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
Woodrow (Woody) William Glandt, 91, died June 20. Cremation has taken place and no services planned at this time.
Wesley Reed "Tiger" Tidzump, 69, of Fort Washakie died on August 6 in Fort Washakie after a short illness. Traditional Indian Services and wake will be at Rocky Mountain Hall at 7 p.m. on Thursday, August 11. Funeral Services will be Friday, August 12 at Rocky Mountain Hall with burial at Sacajawea Cemetery.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
- John A. Bundy from Dixie Ann Bundy
- Kelly Mattheus Smithson from John Louis Smithson Jr.; wife's maiden name of Mattheus restored
Wednesday August 10
Riverton Library Film Society discussion: Ingmar Bergman's "Summer with Monika" is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Library. Discussion will follow the showing of each film. Call the library at 856-3556 for more information.
Thursday August 11
Reservation Farmers Markets are at 4 p.m. every Thursday until October. The Aug. 11 market is in the post office parking lot in Fort Washakie. For more information or to reserve a booth, contact market manager Patti Baldes at 349-5225.
The 2016 Lander LIVE concert series continues at the Jaycee Park stage on 160 N. First St. in downtown Lander. The Low Water Spring Band from Lander opens at 5:30 p.m. for Lake Street Dive, which performs at 7 p.m. The concert is free, but donations are accepted. The final concert is Aug. 25.
The First Roller Derby Practice is from 7-9 p.m. at the Pavillion Recreation Center. It is open to women ages 18 and older who have knee pads, helmets. Practices will be held every Thursday at the same time and location. Some skates are available, but it is suggested that interested parties bring their own skates and elbow pads if possible. For more information call Erin Ivey at 840-0151.
U.S. Senator Mike Enzi's legislative update luncheon and question and answer period RSVP deadline is August 11. This luncheon is from noon to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, August 16. Tickets are $15 and the event is open to the public.
Saturday August 13
The 2nd annual Watermelon Run begins at 8 p.m. with 7 p.m. check in on the Central Wyoming College. Registration is $20. Proceeds benefit the CWC cross country team. For more information, call Al Lara at 349-6062.
The Torrey Lake Petroglyph Adventure Trek leaves the Dubois Museum, 909 W. Ramshorn in Dubois at 8:30 a.m. All ages are welcome. Registration is encouraged as space is limited. The Dubois Museum staff will lead the trek into the badlands outside of Dubois to see the Wind River Formation, which is approximately 55 million years old and was formed by stream deposits. The hike is more than three miles long round trip and includes moderate hiking with some climbs. Attendees should bring a lunch and plenty of water. All adventure treks are $6. For more information or to register, call 455-2284.
Wind River Visitors Council Adventure Trek: Historic South Pass, hosted by the Pioneer Museum in Lander is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at South Pass. Contact the Pioneer Museum at 332-3339 for event details. Bring plenty of water and a sack lunch. All adventure treks are $6 and registration is encouraged.
Kids eXtreme Cave Exploration Adventure at Sinks Canyon State Park is August 13. Tours will begin at 9 a.m. and continue in one-hour intervals. Applications are available on-line at wyoparks.state.wy.us/Kids/Index.aspx and must be turned in by Aug. 10. For more information, please contact Christie Christensen at 777-2416.
The 59th Annual Fireman's Buffalo Barbeque is 4-7 p.m. at Dubois Town Park. Tickets are $15. For more information call 455-2556.
The South Pass City Adventure Trek, presented by the Wind River Visitors Council meets at 10 a.m. at the The Lander Pioneer Museum, located at 1443 West Main St. in Lander. The trek is $6 per person. Meet at 1443 Main St., Lander. To register call 332-3339.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
- Chasity Makeshine, 27, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 12:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded at about 7 a.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had spray painted profanities on the side of a school district van in the 100 block of North Fifth Street West.
- Police responded at about 9 a.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had spray painted profanities on the side of a Wyoming Highway Patrol vehicle in the 200 block of North Eighth Street West.
- A 2002 Ford Focus was reported stolen at about 9:25 a.m. Tuesday from the 500 block of North Second Street East.
- Police responded at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday to reports that a white Buick had been struck by a white 2001 Dodge pickup truck in the 1200 block of West Main Street. Less than $1,000 in damage was recorded to the Buick's bumper; the pickup driver reportedly left the scene.
- A 40-year-old Ethete woman and a 25-year-old Ethete man both were cited for shoplifting at about 12:55 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of West Main Street. Reports state they took $32 in food from a store in the area.
- No one was injured in an incident involving a white 2007 Ford and a 2007 Pontiac G6. Less than $1,000 in damage was recorded.
- A 27-year-old Fort Washakie woman was cited for simple assault at about 4:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street. Her victim said the 27-year-old "jumped" her "for no reason." The victim had blood on her face and was examined by emergency medical technicians but did not require medical treatment, officials said.
- A $700 tool box and a tile saw were reported stolen at about 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North 12th Street East.
- No one was injured when a white truck backed into a red Honda at about 9:05 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of West Main Street. Minor damage was recorded.
- Police responded at about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had spray painted profanities on the side of a parking garage in the 400 block of North Third Street East.
- Wanda Spoonhunter, 47, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday:
- No one was injured in an incident involving a BTI truck and a green 2012 Toyota Venza at about 11 a.m. Tuesday on Dalley Road north of Riverton. Road blockage was recorded.
- Marlene Gould, 55, of Casper, was arrested on Fremont County civil bench warrants for contempt of court.
- Kindle West, 36, of Casper, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Michael Wilson, 42, of Casper, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Grantor: LISKA JOSHUA ALBERT Grantee: GUTTKE SHANNON MARIE, Rec Date: 06/21/2016
- Grantor: EDLUND JONATHON LEE Grantee: HARTMAN AMY LOUISE, Rec Date: 06/21/2016
- Grantor: HANSEN MILLER WENDY LEE Grantee: DE PINA ROBERT, Rec Date: 06/23/2016
These Wyoming lotteries were drawn Tuesday:
12-19-20-44-66, Mega Ball: 1, Megaplier: 5
Estimated jackpot: $38 million
Estimated jackpot: $67 million