TodayAug 23, 2016 From staff reports
Nathan L. "Butch" Reed died Saturday, August 20 in the Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A celebration of life will be held at a later date. Cremation has taken place.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday through Monday:
- Michael Alexander, 38, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2 p.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of West Main Streets on a warrant for contempt of court.
- A 15-year-old Riverton girl and a 20-year-old Casper man both were cited for minor under the influence at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday on College Hill Drive.
- A 16-year-old Riverton girl was returned home after being signed as a runaway at about 2:15 p.m. Thursday in the 2500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Police responded at about 3:10 p.m. Thursday to reports that a 2014 Ford Taurus had been struck by an unknown vehicle in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. More than $1,000 in damage was recorded.
- Benjamin Piper, 51, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard. With him was Stephanie Piper, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for open container and failure to appear.
- Brian SunRhodes, 32, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:25 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Chauncey Friday, 49, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Aloysius Piper, 49, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:10 a.m. Friday in the 400 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded at about 1:35 p.m. Friday to reports that a purse had been stolen in the Riverton area. The reporting party said she had given a man a ride in her vehicle before the purse had gone missing, but she was unsure if he had taken the purse. The bag contained credit cards, Social Security cards and debit cards. Police were unable to locate the man.
- A 20-year-old Ethete man was cited for no driver's license or state registration at about 3:05 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of South Federal Boulevard. His passenger, a 35-year-old Arapahoe man, was cited for open container.
- Police responded at about 4:35 p.m. Friday to reports that a young man had stolen a bottle of water from a store in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard. They were unable to locate him.
- Robert Cunningham, 39, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:20 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of East Sunset Drive for domestic battery and on a warrant for failure to appear. Police were responding to reports that a man was hitting a woman while driving in a red truck. Witnesses said they could see the man holding the woman by her hair and punching her; they also said he kicked her. Officers said they stopped the vehicle and removed the man from the truck. The man, later identified as Cunningham, reportedly said the woman had punched him first, but officers did not see any injuries on his body consistent with that story. Reports state the woman had a slight red mark on the left side of her forehead that was swelling up, as well as a small cut on her finger that was bleeding.
- Rachel Brown, 61, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:35 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- James Jenkins, 36, of St. Stephens, was arrested at about 9 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of East Main Street on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Anderson Antelope, 33, of Ethete, was arrested at about 12:15 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Shawn Pizarro, 44, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 12:15 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Broadway.
- Police responded at about 12:35 p.m. Saturday to reports that a license plate had been stolen from a 2002 GMC Yukon in the Riverton area.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Rosita Piper, 28, of Ethete, was arrested for indecent exposure at about 5 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Sunset Drive. Police were responding to reports that an intoxicated woman was removing her clothing in the area. When they arrived at the scene they said Piper was lying on the concrete; reports state "she had removed her shorts and underwear, exposing her genitals to the view of the public." Police reportedly re-dressed her and took her into custody.
- A 34-year-old Casper man and a 31-year-old Casper woman were cited for criminal entry at about 5:55 p.m. Saturday in the 6000 block of Bridger Drive.
- Aloysius Piper, 49, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:05 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded at about 11:10 p.m. Saturday to reports that several juveniles had broken out the rear and front passenger windows of a white 1996 Honda Civic in the 100 block of Comanche Court. About $700 in damage was recorded. Police were unable to locate the teens.
- Robert Behan, 23, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday on Sioux Avenue for resisting arrest and on a warrant for contempt of court. Police were responding to reports that an officer was needed in the area. When they arrived at the scene, officers said they found a man and woman outside arguing. The woman said the man, later identified as Behan, had showed up there "yelling and crying and ripping the house apart," so she had taken him outside. He reportedly refused to stand up when officers attempted to take him into custody; when they used pressure points to make him stand up, he reportedly kicked his feet out and pushed back against the officers.
- Police responded at about 9:35 a.m. Sunday to reports that a 36-year-old Riverton woman had stolen about $20 in items from a store in the 100 block of North Broadway. The reporting party said the woman had bought a purse; later the reporting party found that the woman had put multiple pieces of merchandise that she had not purchased - like acne cream and hair ties - in the purse and had left without paying for the additional items. A citation is pending.
- A 47-year-old Ethete man was cited for shoplifting at about noon Sunday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. Reports state he took a $20 bottle of vanilla from a store in the area.
- Police responded at about 1:20 p.m. Sunday to reports that a wallet had been stolen in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Rupert Brown, 38, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:10 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Westview Drive.
- Herman Carey, 62, was arrested at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Police responded at about 11:20 a.m. Monday to reports that a white and maroon drill and battery were missing from a home in the 100 block of East Sunset Drive. The reporting party said she had paid a man and his son to pull weeds on her property, but she wasn't sure if they took the equipment.
- Police responded at about 11:40 a.m. Monday to reports that someone had broken several flower pots in the 600 block of East Pershing Avenue. About $100 in damage was recorded.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- A 17-year-old Riverton boy was arrested for domestic violence battery and minor under the influence of alcohol after a female showed up at about 9:20 a.m. Friday at a business on Webbwood Road in Riverton stating she had been beaten up by her boyfriend on Apodaca Street in Riverton. The reporting party said she had a bruise.
- Deputies are investigating a report at about 1:30 p.m. Friday that someone in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue was stealing gas from a gas company. Officials said the subject re-connected a gas meter that had been shut off; they are awaiting documentation before proceeding with charges.
- No one was injured in an electrical fire at about 2:25 p.m. Friday in the crawl space of a home on Hawk Road west of Riverton. Officials said the crawl space had flooded, leaving 2-3 feet of standing water that had shorted out a water heater. The crawl space was filled with smoke, but officials said they never saw any flames; the homeowner had shut off the power, and her house did not sustain damage. An engine company responded and was on scene for 10-15 minutes.
- Phillip Chiles, 53, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6:35 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton on two Fremont County warrants for battery.
- Two 19-year-old Riverton men and one 20-year-old Riverton man all were issued citations for use of a controlled substance - marijuana - at about 12:40 a.m. Saturday on Double Tree Road north of Riverton. Reports state a deputy who was patrolling the area near Black Bridge made contact with the men and their vehicle at the parking area.
- A bike was reported stolen at about 5:45 p.m. Saturday from a store in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard. The reporting party thought the bike was taken sometime after 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Deputies responded at about 2:10 p.m. Saturday to the 100 block of Hall Road, where a controlled burn from earlier in the day had re-ignited. Deputies have been attempting to contact the person responsible due to fire restrictions recently implemented in Fremont County but have been unsuccessful so far.
- A woman called police at about 8 p.m. Saturday to report that a horse was stuck on a pass above Bruce's Campground west of Lander. Officials said the horse had fallen down a steep embankment, and multiple people including a veterinarian were on scene. Officials believe the animal eventually was evacuated from the area, but deputies and emergency crews were not asked to assist.
- Ronald Snyder, 59, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for intoxicated pedestrian on the highway at about 12:20 a.m. Sunday in the 4600 block of U.S. Highway 287 near the Milford Store north of Lander. Initial reports were regarding a black motorcycle lying on its side with a silver helmet on the ground nearby; the reporting party didn't see anyone at the scene. Officials said the motorcycle was broken down, and Snyder had been pushing it along the road but was intoxicated and had fallen down.
- Nickolas Helming, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for interference with a peace officer after suffering minor injuries in a one-vehicle crash at about 3 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Hutchinson Road north of Riverton. Officials said a 2014 Chevrolet sedan was found unattended in the area; the vehicle had crashed through a yard, striking trees, fences and a well house. Deputies determined that the vehicle owner lived in the immediate area; when they tried to contact the person at home, they saw Helming "running around inside the home securing the doors." The homeowner eventually answered the door and invited deputies in, according to reports. Deputies located Helming inside and said he appeared to have suffered minor injuries consistent with being in a collision. He reportedly denied being involved in the crash, so he was arrested for interference. The investigation into the matter continues, with additional charges pending; officials said alcohol appears to be a contributing factor.
- Deputies responded at about 11:55 a.m. Sunday to reports that a storage shed had been "tampered with" in the 600 block of Baldwin Creek Road in Lander. The initial report indicated that the lock to the storage shed was missing, and the door to the building was "wide open." It was unknown whether anything was missing.
- Deputies responded at about 4:50 p.m. Sunday to reports that three people had been trying to steal pipe sometime Friday from a home on Butte Drive north of Riverton. The reporting party said his neighbor had "caught" the suspects.