TodayApr 4, 2017 From staff reports
LeAnne Jane Trosper,74, died on March 22 at her home in Evanston. Per her wishes, she was cremated and a small ceremony with close family present was held. Two celebrations of life will be held at later dates, in in Fremont County where she raised her family, and Evanston where she made the last part of her life.
Carolyn S. Manasco-Faith, 74, of Casper, died Sunday, April 2 at the Wyoming Medical Center. The family will have a private memorial service at a later date.
Luciao "Lupe" Lopez, 60 of Riverton, died at his home on Tuesday, March 28. A celebration of life will be held from 5-7 p.m. Saturday, April at the Reach Club House.
Tuesday, April 4
The Soldiers House of Fremont County's free healing touch sessions for veterans are held from 2-4 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at the Soldiers House, located at at 1201 E Jackson, Riverton. Nancy Sehnert performs the sessions to help veterans cope with stress, anxiety and chronic pain. Each session is 30 minutes and appointment are required. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Nancy Sehnert at 850-6208.
True Stories from the Espionage Wars, a presentation by local author and former CIA officer, Pat Stuart, will be at 6:30 p.m. at the Dubois Library, located at 202 North First Street in Dubois. Future presentations will be April 11 at the Riverton Library and April 12 at the Lander Library.
Wednesday, April 5
The Mike Hurwitz and his Prairie Blues concert is from 7-8 p.m. at the Headwaters Center, 20 Stalnaker Street. This a free concert is sponsored by the Dubois Library and the Dubois Friends of the Library.. Headwaters Center, 20 Stalnaker Street. 307-754-2813
Thursday, April 6
Mike Hurwitz will perform live music at 7 p.m. in the community room of the Riverton Library. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
For The Lander Library's Fifth Annual Earth Day Film Festival, the library will show a different film at 7 p.m. every Thursday in April in the Carnegie Room in the Lander Library, located at 451 N 2nd Street in Lander. The April 6 film is "The Future of Energy," a documentary on the communities and individuals who are at the forefront of the clean energy revolution. All showings are free, and there will be refreshments and giveaways each week. For more information, call 332-5194.
The second Great American Eclipse "Precilpse" community meeting is from 6:30-8 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino. The Eclipse task force will report on current plans and answer questions to help business find ways to profit from the expected influx of visitors at the event.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
-Aloysius Piper, 49, of Ethete, was arrested for trespassing at 11:46 a.m. Friday at a business on the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- A 25-year-old woman from Arapahoe was cited for attempting to steal $50.74 in makeup, and an 18-year-old woman from Riverton was cited for attempting to steal $41.85 makeup at 4:36 p.m. Friday from a business on the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- A 46-year-old Riverton woman was cited for open container at 12:32 a.m. Saturday on the 100 block of North Seventh Street East.
- A 55-year-old Riverton man was cited for urinating in public and then transported to the Center of Hope Detox Center at 4:22 p.m. Saturday from the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Police are awaiting video footage of a male subject who stole a traveler of vodka and fled from a business on the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard at 8:58 p.m. Saturday.
- Rupert Brown, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at 10:11 p.m. Saturday on the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 51, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at 12:32 a.m. Sunday on the 900 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
- Adelle Najera, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic assault after police were called to a verbal fight on the 500 block of East Main Street at 1:50 a.m. Sunday. Najera was observed throwing an unidentified object at a male subject. There were no injuries.
- Victor Addison, 27, of Riverton, was arrested at 11:47 a.m. Sunday on the 500 block of East Main Street on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Rosita Piper, 29, was arrested for public intoxication at 11:54 a.m. Sunday on the 200 block of West Adams Avenue.
- David Ferris, 49, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at 12:57 a.m. Sunday on the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard on two outstanding warrants for failure to appear in court.
- Steven Bevan, 22, of Jackson, was arrested on an outstanding Teton County warrant for a probation violation at 10:22 p.m. Sunday on the 200 block of West Adams Avenue.
- A 19-year-old Ethete man was cited for shoplifting after he attempted to steal $26 in lice shampoo and lice removal products for his son at 2:04 p.m. Monday from a business on the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Nichole Tillman, 32, was arrested for public intoxication and vandalism at 7:45 p.m. Monday near the intersection of Webbwood Road and North Broadway Avenue. Tillman reportedly attempted to rip a wooden sign from the fense of a home in the area.
- Wallace Oldman, 53, of Ethete, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol at 11:56 p.m. Monday on the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
-There were no injuries in a one-vehicle rollover at 8:43 a.m. Friday on Tweed Lane in Lander. According to reports, a 2006 Toyota Truck operated by a 47-year-old woman slid off the roadway causing it to make a one fourth turn onto its side.
- Craig Oldman, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at 1:31 p.m. Friday at the Riverton Circuit Court on the 1100 block of Major Avenue in Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear in court.
- Tajia Cleaveland, 27, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for bond revocation at 6:36 p.m. Friday at the Fremont County Detention Center on the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander.
- Claudia Jenkins, 40, of Arapahoe, was arrested at 7:01 p.m. Friday at the Fremont County Detention Center on the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear in court.
- The Fremont County Sheriff's office received reports at 12:09 a.m. Sunday that a dog on Gales Drive in Lander had been stabbed by an unknown subject with either a knife or a stick while the owner was walking him. According to reports, the animal had run ahead of the owner. The owner made contact with the suspect, who said "sorry," and then ran off.
- Coleman Stagner, 23, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving while under the influence of alcohol at 4:29 a.m. Sunday on the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
U.S. stocks are little changed Tuesday as banks trade lower and department stores, apparel retailers and handbag makers slide. Investors are taking a slightly more cautious stance on the health of the U.S. economy after weak car sales in March.
Energy companies rose with the price of oil and major stock indexes haven't moved much.
At close, the Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 1.28 points or .05 percent, to 2,360.12.
The Dow Jones Industrial average was up 38.83 points, or .07 percent, to 5,898.61.
The Nasdaq composite index read 5,898.61, up 3.93 points or .07 percent.
- Grantor: COBURN FRANCES, Legal: Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 7 Block: 18 Cit..., Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 8 Block: 18 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Sub/Mine: ATLANTIC CITY 1ST ADD MI Lot: 9 Block: 18 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: ELLIS DONNIE, ELLIS ANGELA, ELLIS DONALD, Rec Date: 10/21/2016
- Grantor: GREFF MICHAEL D, GREFF LEE ANN, Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON Grantee: GREFF MICHAEL D CO TRUSTEE, GREFF LEE ANN CO TRUSTEE, GREFF FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 10/24/2016
- Grantor: GREFF MICHAEL D, GREFF LEE A, Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER SLATE CREEK TRACTS SUB MI Lot: 15 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: GREFF MICHAEL D CO TRUSTEE, GREFF LEE ANN CO TRUSTEE, GREFF FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 10/24/2016