TodaySep 1, 2017 From staff reports
A daughter was born to Rae Lynn Black of Lander and Austin Ray CrazyThunder of Lander at 8:09 a.m. August 30 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 8 pounds, 12.4 ounces.
Saturday, September 2
The Moccasin Lake Challenge Race (updated info) will start on Moccasin Lake Road in Fort Washakie at 9:30 a.m. after the opening ceremony. Participants can register the day of the run from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the Rocky Mountain Hall.
Lander Valley Farmers Market fresh produce and hand made crafts, held every Saturday 9am-noon at Lander City Park. 405 Fremont St. landervalleyfarmersmarket.com
The Fremont County Master Gardeners will host a farmer's market every Saturday until the first frost from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds. New vendors are welcome. For more information call 851-7562.
Labor Day Ranch Rodeo Shoshoni presents the 15th Annual Labor Day Ranch Rodeo, showcasing real cowboys and their day-to-day ranch working skills at 5pm. Tickets $8. Held at the Art Shanley Memorial Arena at West 1st and S. Maple Street. Bess 307-262-6094, Facebook.com/ShoshoniRodeo
Tuesday, September 5
The Pressure Canning class will be from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Sept. 5 at the Riverton Middle School and Sept. 7 at the UW Extension office in Lander, 130 Eugene Street. This class is part of a series of classes that will cover dehydrating, picking, fermenting, water bath canning and pressure canning. Cost is $30 for the entire series or $10 for one class. To register for a class Laura Balis at 332-2363 or email email@example.com. Or, register online at uwyo.edu/foods - click on Our Classes.
Country Cottage Quilt Shoppe ribbon cutting ceremony is at 9 a.m. at their new location 710 East Washington Street.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday through Friday morning:
-Forest Duran, 46, of Lander, was cited for open container at about 8:58 p.m. Aug. 1 at the 800 block of East Main Street. Duran had previously given the incorrect name of Alfred Duran, his brother. RPD re-issued the citation with the correct name.
- Marie Lonebear, 37, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 1:41 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street for driving while under the influence and for driving without a driver's license. With her was Brittany Spoonhunter, 29, of Riverton, who was arrested on a Fremont County Sheriff's warrant. Spoonhunter was also arrested for interference after she attempted to lie about her name.
- Robin Blind, 36, of Riverton, was arrested at 4:38 p.m. Thursday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for shoplifting alcohol.
- Leon Spoonhunter, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at 5:55 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard on a municipal warrant.
- Clement Eagle, 45, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 7:13 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
- Thomas Brown, 45, of Riverton, Aleeah Crispin, 43, of Ethete, and Robin Blind, 36, of Riverton, were cited for open containers at about 11:29 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Officers responded to a fight between two males at about 1:05 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street. No charges were requested by either individual.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday through Friday morning:
-Al Brown, 45, of Hudson, was arrested on a Fremont County arrest warrant for contempt of court.
- Casey Jackson, 30, of Pine Bluffs, was arrested on a Natrona County arrest warrant at about 6:18 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of North Seventh Street West in Riverton for violation of a protection order.
- Deputies responded to a report of a vicious animal at about 11:26 a.m. Thursday on Windy Ridge Road in Lander. The report recorded a dog bite.
- Deputies assisted first responders at about 3:27 p.m. Thursday on a call of two females who fell at the Sinks Canyon State Park. The caller reported a possible broken arm on one woman and possible broken leg on the other.
The Wyoming State Engineer's Office report on stream flows, reservoir levels and canal diversions in the Wind River Basin as of Wednesday are as listed in the first column. The readings for Thursday are in the second column. Measurements are in cubic feet per second unless otherwise stated.
Wind River near Dubois 135 135
Wind River above Red Creek 559 564
Dinwoody Creek above Lakes 196 192
Bull Lake Creek above Bull Lake 380 381
Bull Lake Creek near Lenore 600 598
Wind River near Crowheart 1,150 1,150
Wind River near Kinnear 176 174
Wind River at Riverton 76.7 67.3
Little Popo Agie River 60.9 60
Little Wind River near Riverton 303 309
Fivemile Creek near Shoshoni 344 351
Wind River below Boysen * *
- Grantor: REISS CARL J, Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 76 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: NEWMAN ARTHUR L, NEWMAN KATHLEEN E, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: MILLER MARGARET JACQUELINE, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 4 Block: 36 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: STALLEY COLIN, STALLEY KAYLA, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: THURINGER JAMES TRUSTEE, THURINGER JAMES R LIVING TRUST, Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 20 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: WWW PROPERTIES LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: HURSHS ADD RI Lot: 15 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: HURSHS ADD RI Lot: 16 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: HURSHS ADD RI Lot: 17 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: COLEMAN-WEISZ SKYE K, COLEMAN-WEISZ SKYE M, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: ROSSI DARLENE G TRUSTEE, RAYNOR GERALDINE L L LIVING TRUST, Legal: Half: S Quarter: SW Section: 28 Township: 34N Range: 100W , Grantee: HAASE LISA, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: HOWDYSHELL CINDY W, Legal: Sub/Mine: SACKETT SUB MI Lot: 9 City: MISCELLANEOUS , Grantee: SWISTOWICZ KATHERINE, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: CARMICHAEL CARL D CO TRUSTEE, CARMICHAEL MARY L CO TRUSTEE, CARMICHAEL FAMILY TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #2 DU Lot: 81 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: MOORE JOSEPH F III, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: CASTAGNO STANLEY D , CASTAGNO STEVEN J, CASTAGNO NIKI, CASTAGNO E LA ARE, CASTAGNO E LA RAE TRUSTEE, CASTAGNO DALE & LARAE TRUST, Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 19 Township: 2N Range: 4E, Grantee: CASTAGNO STANLEY D, Rec Date: 08/08/2017
- Grantor: UPDIKE THOMAS J, UPDIKE PAULETTE, Legal: Sub/Mine: A & T MOBILE HOME VILLAGE RI Lot: 22 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: CANTU THERESA, Rec Date: 08/09/2017
- Grantor: MCSTAY KURTIS D, MCSTARY CURTIS D, Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 33 Township: 42N Range: 107W , Quarter: NESW Section: 33 Township: 42N Range: 107W , Quarter: NWSE Section: 33 Township: 42N Range: 107W, Grantee: VS RANCH LLC, Rec Date: 08/09/2017