TodaySep 7, 2017 From staff reports
Friday, September 8
Wild Horse Fall Adoption will be held Sept. 8-9 in Riverton at the Honor Farm.Friday clinic for the general public is offered at 1-3:30 pm which previews the horses available for adoption. Sat. gates open for previewing horses at 7:30am and bidding starts at 10:30am.
The CATS museum at 120 South Third Street East in Riverton will now be open for their new fall hours after Sept. 4. They will be open Wednesdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon, Fridays from 9 a.m. to noon and from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information call 463-0313.
Saturday, September 9
The 9th Annual Festival of the Cowboys is from noon to 6 p.m. at the Big Wind Hall in Crowheart. Featured artist is Jack Mease with western miniatures and braided track. The ranch rodeo is at noon. The bird programs will be at 2 p.m. with local trumpeter swans and 5 p.m. with the Bluebird Project. There will be a free kids' raffle, educational information and bird pottery. There will also be live music and a cowboy chow. Arts and crafts will also be sold and admission to the festival is free. To reserve a complimentary vendor space call 486-2238. The event is sponsored by the Friends of the Crowheart Library.
Raptor Encounter with the Teton Raptor Center: Join Becky Collier, Senior Avian Educator of the Teton Raptor Center for an inspiring and educational program demonstration with live raptors at 2 p.m. in Dubois. For more information call 455-3429.
The 12th Annual Paws and Pearls Wine Festival will be at 7 p.m. at the Heritage Hall of the Fremont County Fairgrounds. There will be wine tasting and an auction. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased at the Riverton Animal Adoption Center, First Interstate Bank, Stock Doc, and Jerry's and Flowers and Things.
Tables can be reserved for up to eight people.
The Riverton Museum's "Walt Geiss: Wyoming Brand Inspector" event will be from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. The event is part of the Wyoming Community Bank Discovery Speakers Series program.
This very popular program will focus on the history of brands and branding in Fremont County and is free to the public.
The Laugh for Life Gala, Abba's House annual fundraiser event, will start at 6 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym. Sponsorship tables are available or individual tickets are $40. Comedian Gordon Douglas will be the keynote speaker.
A variety of auction items will be available. For more information call 851-4231 or 856-0999.
Wild Horse Fall Adoption will be held Sept. 8-9 in Riverton at the Honor Farm. Saturday the gates open for previewing horses at 7:30am and bidding starts at 10:30am.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Floyd Oldman, 37, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West Main Street for probation revocation.
- Shado Duran, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday on Spire Drive on two municipal warrants.
- Aloysius C'Hair, 46, of Arapahoe, and Youngchief Lonebear, 30, of Riverton, both were arrested at about 5:55 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street on municipal warrants; Lonebear had two.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-Tyler Blair, 25, of Cody, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Deputies responded at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday to reports that someone had broken into a house in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue, stolen some items and poured water on a game system.
- Officials said a man lost a "fair amount of money" at about 4:40 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of a grocery store in the 600 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois. Video surveillance captured the event, but store employees and law enforcement officials were unable to identify the person who appears to be the owner of the money.
The vehicle plates appear to be local, officials said, but the full license tag was not identified. Anyone who knows of an older male subject who drives a newer white four-door Ford Powerstroke with a flatbed, black bumper and headache rack should call the Sheriff's office at 332-1024.
- Firefighters responded at about 8:30 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a barbecue and propane tank were ablaze on a porch in the 3900 block of Spy Glass Circle in Riverton.
- Grantor: MOLYNEUX DONN E, Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 23 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: MOLYNEUX DONN E REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, MOLYNEUX DONN E TRUSTEE, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: SLACK KOLBY JAY, Legal: Half: W Quarter: SE Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E , Half: W Quarter: SW Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E , Half: E Quarter: SW Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E, Grantee: K SLACK FARMS LLC, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: DESELMS BRADLEY V, DESELMS AMANDA I, Sub/Mine: INDIAN LOOKOUT FIFTH SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 1 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: LAMBLIN CORY JAMES, LAMBLIN JEAN MARIE, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: SPENGLER ROBERT I, SPENGLER BARBARA W, Legal Sub/Mine: AMIGO RANCH RE-SUB LOTS 4-6 LA Lot: 6A City: LANDER, Grantee: DESELMS BRADLEY V, DESELMS AMANDA I, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: SCHELER DEBBIE K Legal: Sub/Mine: EARL & FARLOW ADD LA Lot: 11 Block: 102 City: LANDER, Grantee: WARREN JD III, WARREN J D III, Rec Date: 08/15/2017