TodayOct 5, 2017 From staff reports
Trinidad E. Herrera, 74, of Lander, passed away Oct. 3, 2017, at Westward Heights in Lander. As per his request, cremation has taken place, and there will be a memorial service next summer.
Friday, October 6
"How Big Money Undermines our Democratic Process" is at 6:30 p.m. at the Lander Library. Learn about and sign the petition for a Wyoming ballot initiative for free and fair elections.This is a presentation by Wyoming Promise, a non-profit, non-partisa organization.
First Friday features art and live music 4-7:30 p.m. on the patio at Middle Fork restaurant, 351 Main St. in Lander. Happy hour is at 5 p.m. with music at 6 p.m. 335-5035.
Riverton High School Hall of Fame recipients will be recognized at halftime of the varsity football game at RHS. Kick-off is at 7 p.m.
Riverton High School State Football Championship Team 20th Reunion will be held at two events during the weekend. The team will announced at halftime of the varsity football game at RHS. Kick-off is at 7 p.m. at Wolverine Field. Saturday, Oct. 7 there will be a viewing of the championship game at the Holiday Inn at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 7
The Winter Farmer's Market will be every Saturday at the 4H lunchroom at the Fremont County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
The Riverton Museum will host Walt Geis on from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Walt Geis, retired State Brand Inspector, will be telling participants all about branding and its history. Afterwards, he will be helping kids make their own brands to take home. This free program is part of the McDonald's Children's Exploration Series and registration is required. Suggested age for children is 8-13 years.
Riverton High School Hall of Fame recipients will inducted at a banquet at 5:30 p.m. in the Riverton Middle School multi-purpose room.
Riverton High School State Football Championship Team 20th Reunion will host a viewing of the championship game at the Holiday Inn at 6:30 p.m. Food and drinks will be served. RSVP would be appreciated to Keith Gantenbein at 840-2113
The Lander Children's Museum will host a Fall Festival and Parking Lot Party from 1 p.m to 4 p.m. Crafts, games, music, apple cider, chili contest, cotton candy and dance performances from The Dance Academy.
A craft fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive in Riverton. Admission is free. 857-1613 or email@example.com for more information.
Italian opera, Norma will be streamed live in high definition in the Lander Library Carnegie room starting at 10:55 a.m. It's composed by Vincenzo Bellini and s a thrilling musical story of war, love, friendship, hate, treachery, revenge, forgiveness, sacrifice and death. Norma runs for about 3 hours and 45 minutes. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for students; lunch can be ordered on-site from the Breadboard. For more information contact Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The PAWS for Life Adoption event will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Hammer Electronics at 802 North Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Cory Shakespeare, 28, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 12:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of South Third Street East on a municipal warrant.
- Four children ages 4, 7, 2 and 2 months were placed in protective custody, turned over to the Department of Family Services and released to a relative at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 2300 block of East Adams Avenue. Officials said their mother had left them with their grandma and had been gone for several weeks. Reports state she showed up once to take their per capita checks then left again. The action by DFS will allow their grandmother to retain the checks for the children.
- April Soundingsides, 31, of Riverton, was cited at about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue for no registration, no driver's license, no insurance, no child restraint and speeding. Police also served her with a warrant and towed her vehicle. The child involved was a 3-year-old boy, according to reports.
- Fallon Addison, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 4:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Paul Bell, 56, of Riverton, and Brian Bell, 46, of Riverton, both were arrested at about 7:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Torie Turner, 32, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at about 11:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard for driving under the influence, resisting, no seat belt, open container, no driver's license and reckless driving. Officials said she had tried to strike a couple of pedestrians with her vehicle at about 11:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard; no injuries were recorded, but additional charges are possible.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-A postal employee called deputies at about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday to report that some mail boxes had been vandalized in the 1500 block of Missouri Valley Road near Pavillion.
- Joshua Hensley, 33, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 8100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Shawna Thompson, 33, of Shoshoni, was arrested at about 11:50 a.m. Wednesday in the 8100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Deputies responded at about 6:25 p.m. Wednesday to reports that a juvenile had rolled his car while swerving to avoid a deer on Gannett Peak Drive in Lander. The driver and his juvenile friend both were wearing seatbelts, according to reports, so they only suffered minor bumps and bruises and were not transported to the hospital.
- Deputies assisted local firefighters a about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday with a fire near a structure on Mazet Road north of Riverton. No damage was recorded.
- Grantor: ESPINOSA CLAY JAMES, Grantee: HOVENDICK SALLY ANNA, Rec Date: 08/31/2017
- Grantor: MYERS DAVID GREGORY, Grantee: MYERS JANET AGNES, Rec Date: 09/01/2017
- Grantor: SANDER ADAM PARKER, Grantee: HARRIS NELSON JORDAN KAY, Rec Date: 09/01/2017
- Grantor: RODRIGUEZ CORARRUBIAS JONATHAN FALET, Grantee: VARGAS DE RAMOS MARIA GUADELUPE, Rec Date: 09/08/2017
- Grantor: TARNESS CAMERON COLWYN, Grantee: CBEARING CAROLYN RAE, C BEARING CAROLYN RAE, Rec Date: 09/08/2017
- Grantor: MINTER MATTHEW ANTHONY, Grantee: JORDAN JAMIE LEIGH, Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: PICK LLOYD DOUGLAS, Grantee: FIEDLER MILAGRO EMELINA, Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: STEHLIN SCOTT EDWARD, Grantee: LAW MARIE LANA, Rec Date: 08/15/2017
- Grantor: SMITH MICHAEL TODD, Grantee: SCHNEIDER ANGELA ANN, Rec Date: 08/17/2017
- Grantor: BAIN DAVID ROBERT SULIK, Grantee: MIRABAL HEATHER NICOLE, Rec Date: 08/18/2017
- Grantor: GIES JOREY DALEN, Grantee: HENRY SHEYLA MAKAY, Rec Date: 08/21/2017
- Grantor: BOELTER DANIEL ARNOLD, Grantee: MYERS AMANDA SUE, Rec Date: 08/21/2017
- Grantor: SPRIGGS MICHAEL THOMAS, Grantee: OBERLY JOHNNA LEAH, Rec Date: 08/22/2017
- Grantor: SCHIEFFER ASHLEY ROSE, Grantee: MELLADO MICHAEL SCOT, Rec Date: 08/24/2017
- Grantor: EPP SHERYL ANN TRUSTEE, OVERCAST SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, EPP GARI ROBERT REVOCABLE TRUST, Legal: Half: S Quarter: SW Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W, Grantee: EPP JEFFREY ROBERT, EPP DAVID GARI, EPP DANIAL LEE, ... , Notes: WITH EASEMENT, Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: EPP SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, EPP GARI ROBERT REVOCABLE TRUST , OVERCAST SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 9 Block: 21 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 10 Block: 21 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: EPP JEFFREY ROBERT , EPP DAVID GARI, EPP DANIEL LEE, Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: EPP SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, EPP GARI ROBERT REVOCABLE TRUST , OVERCAST SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 6 Township: 41N Range: 106W, Grantee: EPP JEFFREY ROBERT , EPP DAVID GARI, EPP DANIEL LEE, Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: EPP SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, EPP GARI ROBERT REVOCABLE TRUST , OVERCAST SHERYL ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 6 Township: 41N Range: 106W, Grantee: EPP JEFFREY ROBERT , EPP DAVID GARI, EPP DANIEL LEE,Rec Date: 09/11/2017
- Grantor: ILLITE LC TRUSTEE, T ASPEN TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: PATTENS ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 43 City: LANDER, Grantee: STRUNA TERRENCE A, Rec Date: 09/12/2017
- Grantor: FISHER KATRINA E, SCHUENEMAN KATRINA E, Legal: Section: 7 Township: 41N Range: 106W Lot: 1, Grantee: SCHUENEMAN KATRINA E , SCHUENEMAN LUCAS A, Rec Date: 09/12/2017
- Grantor: LUCAS WILLIAM T JR, LUCAS FRANCES E, Legal: Sub/Mine: STONEY POINT SUB #3 DU Lot: 4 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: LANDMAN RYAN W TRUSTEE, LANDMAN RYAN W & STEPHANIE M ARRACHE REVOCABLE TRUST, ARRACHE STEPHANIE M & RYAN W LANDAMAN REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 09/12/2017