News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Nov 14, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Mallorie Goodman and Brett Martel, of Arapahoe, at 1:29 a.m. Oct. 4, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Veronica Reyes and Talon Oldman, of Riverton, at 6:09 p.m. Oct. 2, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
Reuben Blumenshine, 89, formerly of Riverton, died Tuesday, Nov. 12, at the Pathways Hospice Care Center at the McKee Medical Center in Loveland, Colo. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Riverton.
Virginia I. Loree, 91, died Wednesday, Sept. 18, after a lengthy illness. Memorial services will be Friday, Nov. 22, at Davis Funeral Home. Pastor Dave Case will officiate.
Viola Pentecost Lorentzen, 88, a lifelong Wyoming resident, died Friday, Nov. 1. A memorial service will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the Evangelical Free Church, 1215 U.S. Highway 287, Lander.
42nd Annual Winter Art Fair Arts in Action is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. For more information, call 855-2215.
NERF Tactical Tag Zone is 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Aspen Park Elementary in Riverton. For more information, visit nerfttz.blogspot.com.
Holiday Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Margaret's Gym, Riverton.
High School District Music Clinic Performance is at 2 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. High school musicians will convene at the center for a district clinic.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
John J. Dean from Kindall Louise Dean.
Tonie Featheringill from George Featheringill. Joint custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Michael Anderson, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for vagrancy and public intoxication at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street. With him was George LittleThunder, 29, of St. Stephen's, who was arrested for probation revocation.
- Charles Bassett, 53, of Riverton, was arrested on a courtesy hold at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Steven Morris, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for assault at about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Woodridge Drive.
- RPD Sgt. Scott Komrs and RPD Capt. Eric Murphy will begin hosting a free monthly Women's Self Defense Class starting in December. The session will include one day of classroom work and one day learning hands-on self defense techniques. The two-day class will be offered each month as long as there is interest; class size is limited to 15-20 students. Murphy said young women are encouraged to participate, but they must be mature enough to handle conversations that deal with sexual assaults, date rape and other violent issues. For more information, call 856-4891.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Lizabeth Hurtado, 43, of Blackfoot, Idaho, was arrested for possession of marijuana at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 26 west of Riverton. According to reports, she had stopped at the Bull Lake rest area and used the facility's bathroom just after it had been cleaned. A caretaker at the rest area reportedly found more than 3 grams of drugs in the bathroom after Hurtado left. The employee obtained Hurtado's vehicle information and contacted law enforcement, who stopped Hurtado west of Riverton based on the complaint and on a traffic infraction. Officials said they located a misdemeanor amount of marijuana during the traffic stop, and Hurtado was arrested. The substance at the rest area reportedly tested positive for methamphetamine. The investigation into the incident continues, and more charges may be pending.
- Catherine Thulin, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and driving under suspension.
- David Cochell, 31, of Corvallis, Mont., was arrested on a warrant out of Ada County in Idaho.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 33 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched nine times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 10 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 154 inmates, including 141 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.
- Grantor: KRMPOTICH PHILLIP T , KRMPOTICH JAMIE J Legal: Sub/Mine: LITTLE WARM SPRINGS CREEK SUB #1 DU Lot: 13 C... Grantee: KRMPOTICH JAMIE J TRUSTEE, KRMPOTICH PHILLIP T TRUSTEE, KRMPOTICH JAMIE J LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: FACTORY HOMES WYOMING LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: BRACE "V" SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: MILLER MATTHEW D J, MILLER MEGHAN CHRISTINE
- Grantor: KELLEY WILLIAM, KELLEY FAYE Legal: Sub/Mine: CLAUD FIKE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 4 City: R... Grantee: WEBER FRED
- Groom: MACE DORSEY CLAIR Bride: HAMILTON CYNTHIA ANNE
- Groom: MARTIN TERRANCE ROBERT Bride: HAYS KAREN DORIE MARIE
- Groom: TACKETT DENNIS EUGENE Bride: WEBER PEARLINE EMELIA
- Groom: SAUTER THOMAS CHARLES Bride: WALL CHERYL JEAN
- Groom: WARREN J D NMN III Bride: RIED CARRIE JAGOE