A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Nov 15, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Jordyn and Jacob Shepherd, of Riverton, at 7:57 a.m. Oct. 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Jordyn and Jacob Shepherd, of Riverton, at 7:57 a.m. Oct. 16, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 14 ounces.
A son was born to Mallorie Posey and Bryant Tillman, of Lander, at 10:23 a.m. Oct. 9, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 3.6 ounces.
Lester G. Smith, 89, of Riverton, died Thursday, Nov. 14, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. Per his request, cremation will take place, and his ashes will be scattered. There will be no services.
Blood Drive is noon to 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall at United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave., Riverton. For more information, call Lila Stark at 856-4385. Log onto www.blood
hero.com to make an appointment.
Riverton Art Guild Member Show Reception is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center gallery at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
City Council Meeting is at 7 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton.
Riverton High School Night of Jazz is at 7 p.m. at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave.
Fremont County Archaeological Society Program on Utah Rock Art and Ruins Photographic Tour is at 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall. The speaker will be Larry Amundson, researcher and photographer. Event is free.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Jess Feldtmann from Angela Feldtmann. Wife's former name of Weston restored.
Jacqueline Fortier from Hal William Roueche Jr.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Dominic FightingBear, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Benjamin Ridgley, 57, of Ethete, was arrested for open container and public intoxication.
- Raymond LittleThunder, 30, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 88 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 12 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Ten people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, five other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 14 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 155 inmates, including 142 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.
- Grantor: WHITEHURST JERRY A, WHITEHURST CAROL A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 78 City: RI..., Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 2ND ADD RI Lot: 79 City: RI... Grantee: CAMPO DAWN
- Grantor: ALEXANDER JERRY E TRUSTEE, ALEXANDER MARY F TRUSTEE, ALEXANDER FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: ..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 2 City: ..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: ..., ... Grantee: ALEXANDER EXCAVATION INC
- Grantor: FIRST INTERSTATE BANK Legal: Section: 23 Township: 3n Range: 1w Lot: 6 , Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 3n Range: 1w Grantee: WESTLAKE BRYCE
- Grantor: KOMRS RANDALL G Legal: Quarter: NW Section: 13 Township: 2N Range: 2E Grantee: SHURTLEFF LAND & CATTLE LLC
- Grantor: VOSS JOAN REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTHPOINTE SUB RI Lot: 4 Block: 2 City: RIVE... Grantee: HUMPHRIES JUSTIN W
- Grantor: ALLEY RALPH B Legal: Quarter: SENW Section: 9 Township: 1S Range: 1W , Quarter: SWNW Section: 9 Township: 1S Range: 1W , Quarter: NWNW Section: 9 Township: 1S Range: 1W Grantee: ELYEA HARRY, CLARK ELLEN
- Grantor: CENTRAL BANK & TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: RED DOG GULCH SUB CORRECTED MI Lot: 1 City: M... Grantee: WATERMAN ALAN DALE, WARD BERNADETTE WATERMAN Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: SMITH HAROLD A Legal: Quarter: NWNW Section: 8 Township: 1S Range: 2E Grantee: PERRY TRISH F, ARAGON DEWAYNE L
- Grantor: NICHOLS ROBIN B, NICHOLS KATHLEEN M Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 14 Block: 12 Ci... Grantee: MADRID CHRISSY
- Grantor: WALTERS RODNEY L, WALTERS REBECCA R Legal: Sub/Mine: DEERFIELD ESTATES SUBVD MI Lot: 14 City: MISC... Grantee: HOESEL JARED L, HOESEL SHANNON N
- Grantor: VINICH MIKE M Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 11 Block: 84 ..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 12 Block: 84 ... Grantee: VINICH MIKE M
- Grantor: VINICHS CLUB EL TORO INC Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 11 Block: 84 ... Grantee: VINICH MIKE M
- Grantor: RUBY MICHAEL H, RUBY NANCY KATHERINE Legal: Quarter: NWSE Section: 1 Township: 28N Range: 101W , Quarter: NESW Section: 1 Township: 28N Range: 101W , Grantee: EBERLINE SHANE, EBERLINE CHRISTINE
- Grantor: HANKINS JESSE L Legal: Half: S Quarter: NE Section: 8 Township: 4N Range: 4W , Quarter: SENW Section: 8 Township: 4N Range: 4W Grantee: HANKINS JESSE B
- Grantor: SHEARER BRYAN, SHEARER KELLY Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER MEADOW SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: GATTIS KEVIN DANIEL TRUSTEE, GATTIS GRETCHEN JEAN TRUSTEE, GATTIS LIVING TRUST
- Groom: KING THOMAS ANSON ALLAN Bride: DIHEL RACHEL WHITNEY
- Groom: GODDARD JUSTIN MICHAEL Bride: SCUDDER ELIZABETH MYRANDA