News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 4, 2012 - Staff
A son was born to Shaycrea Friday and Gregory Armajo, of Fort Washakie, at 1:16 p.m. March 24, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 5.1 ounces.
A son was born to Anna Siers and Jason Brown Jr., of Riverton, at 2:07 a.m. March 28, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Tonya and Jackson Clair Sr., of Fort Washakie, at 8:07 a.m. Feb. 23, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Rachel and Zac Coons, of Riverton, at 4:10 a.m. March 13, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce.
A twin daughter was born to Charity and Josh Crowder, of Lander, at 8:56 a.m. March 9, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.
A twin daughter was born to Charity and Josh Crowder, of Lander, at 8:57 a.m. March 9, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 14 ounces.
Scott J. Hines, 33, of Longmont, Colo., died Thursday, March 29, in Riverton. Memorial services are at 1 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at the First Assembly of God Church in Riverton. Cremation has taken place. Memorials may be made at U.S. Bank to the "Scott Hines Memorial Fund" for the benefit of his children. Online condolences may be made at www.thedavisfuneralhome.com.
Jean E. Lockhart, 80, of Riverton, died Tuesday, April 3, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Arrangements are pending through the Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Ivan L. Weeks, 65, of the Wind River Indian Reservation, died Sunday, April 1, at his home. Traditional American Indian funeral services are at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 5, at Rocky Mountain Hall at Fort Washakie. Interment follows at the Sacajawea Cemetery. An evening service is 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 4, with a wake to follow at the family residence, No. 46 Washakie Park Road, North Fork, Fort Washakie.
Free Tax Help is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 157 of Central Wyoming College's Main Hall (formerly the Classroom Wing). Former and current CWC accounting and income tax students will provide free help preparing 2011 taxes to taxpayers who cannot afford professional assistance. The students of accounting instructor Willie Noseep are providing the help through April 4.
Film: Green Fire: A Land Ethic for Our Time is at 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St. The film chronicles the life of conservationist Aldo Leopold. The film is part of the Earth Day Film Series.
Maundy Thursday Presentation of the "Living Last Supper" is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave., Riverton. Event is free, and the community is welcome.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar" in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Samuel Hermanyhorses, 22, of lander, was arrested at the probation office in the 300 block of North Broadway for a probation violation.
- Vonda Crispin, 49, of Lander, was arrested in the 200 block of Hill Street for interference with a police officer. RPD chief Mike Broadhead said Crispin lied about her identity when she was contacted in reference to a reported stolen vehicle and hit and run traffic collision.
- Martin Coquillette, 52, of Riverton, was arrested in the 200 block of West Adams for public intoxication.
- Broadhead said other calls made during the same time period include six animal-related calls, one of which involved a pit bull charging a man, and eight calls to check on individuals who appeared to be intoxicated in public. He said there were seven traffic-related calls including parking issues, collisions and reported drunken drivers.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Rio Arthur, 18, of Lander, was arrested for bond revocation.
- Nathaniel Fryer, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for CAST.
- Michael Crain, 25, of Hudson, was arrested for probation revocation.
- George O'Neal, 61, of Pavillion, was arrested for probation revocation.
- During the same time frame, ambulance crews were called out 17 times and firefighters responded to 13 calls for service.