Nov 19, 2013 - StaffCorrections
In Friday's Ranger, the page five standalone photo "Jump Rope for Heart" should have said Aspen Park Elementary student Ethan Crow raised $1,200 for Jump Rope for Heart during a fundraising event Nov. 12 at Ashgrove School.
Bradford McClellan, 77, formerly of Shoshoni, died Wednesday, Nov. 13, at West Park Long Term Care Facility in Cody. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 22, at the Living Fortress Church in Cody with burial at Riverside Cemetery in Cody.
Alice May (Williams) Shanley, 91, died Sunday, Nov. 17. Per her request, there will be no services. A private family gathering will be at a later date.
Sharon R. Throckmartin, 69, of Riverton, died Monday, Nov. 18, at her home. Per her request, cremation will take place, and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Blood Drive is noon to 6 p.m. in the fellowship hall at Trinity Episcopal Church, 860 S. Third St., Lander. For more information, call Beynon St. John at 332-2981. Log onto www.bloodhero.com to make an appointment.
Educational Video Series: All in Your Approach is at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Anthony Kearns Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
Film Screening is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. Attendees will be entered into a drawing for two copies of the movies. Winners must be present to win. The film "Barking Water" will be shown.
Hot Topic Discussion is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Bookies Book Club meets at 12:30 p.m. in the conference room at the Senior Citizen's Center, 205 S. 10th St., Lander. The group will discuss "The Light in the Ruins" by Chris Bohjalian.
Art21 Film Series is 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St. The Art21 film series and discussion is a free opportunity for the community to learn about diverse contemporary artists working today. Each film profiles several artists and documents their story of artistic ex
Riverton Middle School Parent Advisory Committee Meeting is at 7 p.m. Nov. 21 in the Media Center at Riverton Middle School, 840 Major Ave. The discussion will be on school safety and crisis response plans in an emergency situation. All RMS parents are invited to participate in the PAC.
Fall Showcase Concert is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The show will feature the collegiate chorale, concert band and handbell choir.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Nelson Duran, 33, of Fort Washakie, was arrested Friday for resisting arrest and on two warrants for failure to appear. With him was Franklin Tail, 23, of Lander, who was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for failure to appear. Robin Blind, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication during the incident.
- Agnes Spoonhunter, 41, of Riverton, was arrested Friday on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested Friday for shoplifting and public intoxication.
- Enik Jenkins, 22, of Riverton, was arrested Friday on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Clowry Means, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested Friday for public intoxication and on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Jacob Reed, 36, of Lander, was arrested Friday for driving under the influence and careless driving.
- Joshua Shells, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace and interference at about 12:20 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Main Street. With him was Jacob Logan, 24, of Riverton, who was arrested on a failure to appear warrant. Officials said Shells punched a bartender in the face after the employee tried to stop him from leaving the building with a beer. Shells reportedly was yelling at a group of women when officers arrived on scene.
- Alan Jenkins, 43, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 1:15 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Zeb Clark, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, possession of marijuana, careless driving and felon in possession of a firearm at about 1:30 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of East Sunset Drive. Officials said he had guns in his vehicle.
- Cynthia Armajo, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:10 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Comanche Court.
- Michael Cousineau, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:15 a.m. Saturday on Arapahoe Drive.
- Daniel King, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Ronald Benally, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 11:15 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Delmar Barrett, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 11:45 a.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Patrick Arthur, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- Cherie Ghostbear, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .12 at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue. With her was Troy DogTrail, 41, of Denver, who was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Leta Santillanes, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a Park County warrant at about 4 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- A weapon offense was reported at about 4:20 p.m. Sunday from the 1000 block of Basin Avenue. Officials said some kids were shooting pellet guns in the area.
- Clowry Means, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:45 p.m. Monday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Sophie Divers, 33, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:45 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of West Washington Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Lance Flack, 26, of Billings, Mont., was arrested for breach of peace at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Wind River Hotel and Casino south of Riverton.
- Theodore Moss, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic battery and on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 3:45 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Elder Lane north of Riverton.
- The Wind River Police Department responded to reports at about 3 p.m. Monday that a woman had been stabbed in the chest on Elmwood Drive south of Riverton in the Beaver Creek Housing area. No further information was available.
- A horse hair theft was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1000 block of Missouri Valley Road north of Riverton.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 165 calls for service, including three calls involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 50 times, and area fire departments responded to 10 calls for help. Thirty-three people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, nine other alcohol-related charges, three felony charges and 53 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 150 inmates, including 138 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.