TodayNov 26, 2013 Staff
Franklin J. Armajo, 71, of Arapahoe, died Sunday, Nov. 24, at his home. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 26, at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe followed by a wake at 458 Little Wind River Bottom Road. A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 27, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Burial will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery at St. Stephen's.
Leigh "Conan" Morgan Henning, 68, died Sunday, Nov. 24, at his home in Lander. Cremation has taken place, and celebration of life services will be at 4 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30, at the Wind River Baptist Church in Ethete.
Thanksgiving Dinner, hosted by the Fremont County Solutions Committee, is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Riverton City Park. To donate an item, call Michelle Antone at 335-5992, Charles Aragon at 857-3535 and Dana Flint at 840-4926. All community members and businesses are welcome to share in the festivities and/or serve food, offer services, donate items or just come socialize with others who may be thankful. Items to donate include dinner items, clean socks, gloves/hats, clean blankets and monetary donations.
Community Thanksgiving Dinner, hosted by the Pavillion Community United Methodist Church, will be 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the fellowship hall in Pavillion. The meal is free and open to the public. For more information, call 856-3460.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Sarah M. Kovach from Travis J. Kovach. Wife's former name of Haines restored.
Mathew Long from Denita Long.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Justin Steele, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace and possession of a controlled substance at about 5:15 a.m. Friday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Thomas Schatza, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 12:45 a.m. Saturday in the 600 block of South Fourth Street West.
- Dawn Bell, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear at about 12:55 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Miguel Ruiz-Ibarra, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Phillip Chiles, 50, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, no insurance and driving without an interlock device at about 12:50 p.m. Saturday in the 2500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Dominic FightingBear, 37, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:45 p.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
- John Amos, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for aggravated assault at about 3:30 a.m., Sunday in the 200 block of South 12th Street East. Officers were responding to reports of domestic abuse.
- Dennis Adams, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 11:40 a.m. Monday in the 600 block of East Adams Avenue.
- Charles Klinger, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 2:30 p.m. Monday on Sioux Avenue.
- Zedekiah Mills, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for possession and use of marijuana at about 7:40 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of East Sunset Drive. Officials said he was in possession of 16.7 grams of marijuana.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Sidney Berry, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for shoplifting related to an RPD case. The arrest was made at about 6:10 p.m. Sunday on Wyoming Highway 789 south of Riverton.
- Jason Bowen, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 9:45 p.m. Sunday in Riverton.
- Matthew Redland, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, careless driving, speeding, driving while under suspension, and on a registration violation at about 7:20 p.m. Saturday on 8 Mile Road west of Riverton.
- Steven Swallow, 24, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Jeremiah Bush, 37, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court at about 8:45 p.m. Monday in the 700 block of East Main Street in Lander.
- Claudia Duran, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 4:30 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Hill Street. Reports state she caused a traffic collision; no injuries were reported.
- James Hallett, 43, of Lander, was arrested on three Fremont County warrants for contempt of court at about 6 p.m. Monday on Chittim Road in Lander.
- A Honda all-terrain vehicle was reported missing at about 3:30 p.m. Monday from the 8400 block of U.S. Highway 26 near Crowheart. Two trailers also were gone, according to initial reports.
- A tool box was reported stolen at about 6:20 p.m. Friday from a garage on Pronghorn Drive south of Riverton.
- A man in Dubois reported a hit and run accident at about 7 a.m. Saturday on Red Barn Lane in Dubois. He said his red Prius was struck sometime during the night, and the back end of the vehicle had been "torn off."
- A woman called police at about 12:30 p.m. Saturday to say there was a man "passed out on the bike path" at the intersection of Wyoming Highway 789 and Rendezvous Road.
- A vehicle fire was reported at about 2:45 p.m. Saturday on Sunshine Drive in Lander. A truck reportedly was smoking and threatening another vehicle close by. No one was reported to be injured.
- A woman reportedly arrived at El Toro in Hudson with a "black and blue lip" at about 11 p.m. Saturday. She said her husband had "smacked her in the lip." She had left the scene at the time of the report, but officers said she was intoxicated and uncooperative when they made contact with her.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch center took 162 calls for service, including five involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and two reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 57 times, and area fire departments responded to nine calls for help. Twenty-four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three for driving under the influence, five other alcohol-related charges, six felony charges and 42 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 154 inmates, including 152 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.