News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Nov 27, 2013 - Staff
Audrey Eckins, 74, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Nov. 27, at her home. Per her request, cremation will take place, and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Lois Verhoeven, 84, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at her home. Per her request, cremation will take place, and there will be no services. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Community Thanksgiving Dinner, hosted by the Pavillion Community United Methodist Church, will be 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the fellowship hall in Pavillion. The meal is free and open to the public. For more information, call 856-3460.
Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair-Black Friday Ladies Night is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at St. Margaret's Gym, East Park Avenue, Riverton. To register a table, call 857-1613.
Small Business Saturday is throughout Fremont County. Businesses offering hourly discounts include: Gambles, Global Arts, Treasure Hunt, Main Street Books, Miner's Delight Inn, In My Window, The Good Place, Gannett Peak Sports, Wild Iris Mountain Sports, The Forge, Scott Robeson Custom Woodworking and The Hitching Rack.
Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Margaret's Gym, East Park Avenue, Riverton. To register a table, call 857-1613.
Memorial Saddle Roping Bill Bates/Dalynn is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2 Rodeo Drive, Lander.
Fifth Annual Lander Tree Event and Auction is at 6:30 p.m. at Pronghorn Lodge, 150 E. Main St., Lander.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Sara Manning from Isaac Manning. Wife's former name of Fessler restored.
Philisha Jo McBride from Jacob Lee Reeb.
Joey T. Mitchell from Chad O. Mitchell. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Crofts restored.
Stacey R. Myers from Steven D. Myers.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
•Q94;Natalie Brown, 28, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officials said she was asking people for money as they entered Ace Hardware, 619 N. Federal Blvd.
•Q94;Katera Jenkins, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 11:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Lincoln Avenue. Officers were responding to calls about a family fight.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
•Q94;During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 46 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol related charge, two felony charges and 10 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 154 inmates, including 142 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: RANSOM GARY C, RANSOM GARY CURTIS Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERSIDE ACRES CLUB REPLAT DU Lot: 3 City: D... Grantee: PRESTONE GREGORY
- Grantor: GERGANOFF LOUIS Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVER PARK 2ND FILING DU Lot: 13 City: DUBOIS Grantee: GERGANOFF TIM Notes: TRACT 13
- Grantor: HAMBRICK MINDI J Legal: Sub/Mine: BROWNE SUB RI Lot: 17 City: RIVERTON Grantee: HOFER ALAN K TRUSTEE, HOFER ALAN K FAMILY IRREVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: MCKIERNAN JOYCE E Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 6 Block: 1 City... Grantee: HERNANDEZ RORI A, HERNANDEZ FRANK J
- Grantor: HAGGERTY INVESTMENT PROPERTIES Legal: Sub/Mine: CLIFF ADD DU Lot: D City: DUBOIS, Quarter: SWSE Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W Grantee: JOHNSON GARY J, JOHNSON LINDA C Notes: TRACT D
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 2 Block: 15 City: R... Grantee: WHITE RALPH, WHITE BARBARA
- Grantor: HALL ENID M, CHRISTENSEN RICK E, HAILEY MITZI, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: CARPER ADDITION LA Lot: 12 Block: 2 City: LAN... Grantee: TANN MARGARET M, TANN RICHARD J
- Grantor: THOMAS HILDA E Legal: Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 11 Block: 18 City: D..., Sub/Mine: RAMSHORN 2ND ADD DU Lot: 12 Block: 18 City: D... Grantee: FOWLER LINDA M
- Grantor: BARRY W ADAM, BARRY AMANDA S Legal: Sub/Mine: HIGHLAND PARK 2ND ADD RI Lot: 6 Block: 1 City... Grantee: DOWER TIFFANY L Notes: CORRECTIVE WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: ROCKNEY HAROLD E TRUSTEE, ROCKNEY FAMILY TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: KORELL SUB RI Lot: 18 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: KORELL SUB RI Lot: 19 City: RIVERTON Grantee: LUCAS STEVEN V
- Grantor: BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON, BANK OF NEW YORK Legal: Section: 6 Township: 3N Range: 2E Remarks: TRACT 6 Grantee: MANTLE LONNIE Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED, TRACT 6
- Groom: PETERSON BENJAMIN HANS Bride: LARSON HEATHER MARIE
- Groom: STRICKLAND NICHOLAS EUGENE Bride: DENK NICHOLE LEE
- Groom: REVERE LEROY VICTOR Bride: CASE RAVEN JADE
- Groom: TACKETT DENNIS EUGENE Bride: WEBER PEARLINE EMELIA
- Groom: LITTLESHIELD SKYLER PAUL Bride: AFTER BUFFALO SHELLI RAYE Notes: DOCUMENT WAS ALREADY DAMAGED WHEN RECEIVED
- Groom: FRANCWAY CARL EDWARD Bride: SENN ALISHA DAWN MARIE