Dec 3, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Lenna Adams, of Lander, died Thursday, Nov. 28, in Lander. She was 86 years old. Visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, in the Chapel of Mount Hope, Hudson's Funeral Home, Lander. The funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, in the Chapel of Mount Hope.
Judy Jane (Sothan) Ahrens, 57, died Friday, Nov. 29, in Riverton after a yearlong struggle with ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's syndrome). A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at the Church of Christ, 39 Gas Hills Road, Riverton. She will be buried in Riverview Memorial Gardens in Worland.
Nancy Robertson, 75, of Lander, died Tuesday, Dec. 3. A rosary with a viewing will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander. A memorial mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 7, at Holy Rosary Catholic Church with burial of ashes following at Mount Hope Cemetery.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Riverton VA Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Lori McGee at 438-2101.
Educational Video Series: Serving Life is at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Riverton Justice Center Public Meeting is at 6 p.m. at Riverton City Hall, 816 N. Federal Blvd., Riverton. Fremont County commissioners will discuss funding scenarios and display design plans.
Festival of Trees is in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Community free viewing is 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. admission is $5 for adults, $3 for children (children 2 and under are free), and $15 for families. Attendees can enjoy refreshments, photos with Santa, cake walks, face painting and more.
Pen and Paper: Journaling for Health is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Bring a journal and writing utensil. Discussion topics include research on the health benefits of journaling, how to get started and how to make it a habit.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday through Tuesday morning:
- Natalie Brown, 28, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a municipal warrant.
- Ira Eagleroad, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant.
- Dominic Fightingbear, 37, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant.
- Travis Blackburn, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal entry.
- Clowry Means, 46, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Manuela Trujillo, 44, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Ormando Bell, 29, and Talisse Fightingbear, 22, both of Riverton, each was arrested for child abuse/neglect at about 5:20 a.m. Saturday on Blackfoot Avenue.
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about noon Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital, 2100 W. Sunset Drive.
- Danney Carillo, 60, of Mills, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday on North Federal Boulevard.
- Samantha Friday, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for assault and battery.
- Jody Blackburn, 33, and Randy Weber, 23, both of Riverton, each was arrested for simple assault.
- Joseph Twiss, 39, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal entry.
- A 71-year-old St. Stephen's man was issued a misdemeanor citation for breach of peace and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- An 18-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for possession of a controlled substance and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A 25-year-old Riverton man and a 26-year-old Lander woman each was issued a misdemeanor citation for possession of a controlled substance and released with a promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Clowry Means, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for interference.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday through Tuesday morning:
- Francis Acebo, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 1:50 a.m. Saturday on Pleasant Drive in Riverton. Reports state his disorderly conduct led to contact with police.
- Denzyl Brown, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Daryl Makeshine, 27, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 10:40 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- Darrell Norris, 44, of Hudson, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday in Hudson. His female victim reportedly suffered facial injuries from being punched. Reports state alcohol was involved.
- Kelvin Smith, 22, of Utah, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Nathan Surrell, 27, of Hudson, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of New York Avenue in Hudson. Reports state he threw a woman to the ground and began striking her head on the floor.
- Arlen Thomassen, 53, of Dubois, was arrested for driving under the influence, open container and "driving road ways laned for traffic" --or failure to maintain his lane --at about 6:30 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois.
- Kristina Verley, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a Sweetwater County warrant.
- Sheldon Antelope, 34, transient, was arrested on a Lincoln County warrant at about 4 p.m. Monday on U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois.
- Michael Pingatore, 28, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court.
- Deputies are investigating a report of property destruction at about 7:20 p.m. Sunday on Arapahoe Drive north of Riverton. According to reports, several subjects broke windows at a residence and slashed the tires of a vehicle before fleeing the area. Officials said the suspects caused more than $2,500 in damage; arrest warrants are pending.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center responded to 239 calls for service, including two involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 85 times, and area fire departments responded to nine calls for help. Thirty-four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including six for driving under the influence, seven other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 57 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 156 inmates, including 144 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: BURKE LARA A Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRIGGS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 26 Block: 4 City: LAN... Grantee: CESSNA DEBORAH RENAE, CESSNA NIKOLAS MIN WOO
- Grantor: APPLETON SAMUEL S Legal: Sub/Mine: PORCUPINE SUB FILING #2 REPLAT LOT 112 & 114 D... Grantee: KYLANDER JESSE W, KYLANDER JILL S , HOEMBERG PHILLIP G , ...
- Grantor: HEILEMANN BARBARA A Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 12 Block: 53 City: ..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 13 Block: 53 City: ... Grantee: KENDALL KATRINA
- Grantor: TANN RICHARD JOHN, TANN MARGARET MARY Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 12 Block: 87 City: L..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 13 Block: 87 City: L... Grantee: SCOFIELD NADA D, SCOFIELD ROBERT J
- Grantor: FRAZIER MELINDA D, FRAZIER MATTHEW T Legal: Quarter: SE Section: 33 Township: 3N Range: 3E Grantee: ABBATELLO MICHAEL G , ABBATELLO LAURIE L
- Grantor: BEEM ROY CO TRUSTEE, BEEM HELEN CO TRUSTEE, BEEN ROY & HELEN REVOCALBE EDUCATION TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: PERFECT VIEW SUB FINAL ADD MI Lot: 2 City: MI... Grantee: WILSON ADAM C SR, WILSON TERRY S
- Grantor: WEBER FRED D Legal: Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 21 City: MISCELLANE... Grantee: MURRAY DEVIN P
- Grantor: POTTER DAVID A, POTTER CAROL L Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 14 City: RI..., Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 15 City: RI..., Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW HEIGHTS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 16 City: RI... Grantee: POTTER CAROL L TRUSTEE, POTTER DAVID A TRUSTEE, POTTER DAVID A REVOCABLE TRUST, ...
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.