A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Dec 4, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Azalea and Lonestar Addison, of Riverton, at 6:07 p.m. Nov. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Azalea and Lonestar Addison, of Riverton, at 6:07 p.m. Nov. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
A son was born to Amber Duran and Matthew Apodaca, of Riverton, at 4:14 p.m. Nov. 19, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces.
Harlen Dean Weitzel, 78, of Sterling, died Friday, Nov. 29, in Sterling. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, at Trinity Lutheran Church with Pastor James Nash officiating. Visitation will be 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. A second memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Riverton with the Rev. Dave Magruder officiating. Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton.
Light Up Lander 2013 is at 5 p.m. at Centennial Park on Main Street in Lander. Drawing starts at 6:15 p.m. There will be music and carols, the Christmas tree will be lit and Santa Claus will visit. Attendees can enjoy free hot cocoa, cookies and candy canes, hay rides and games with prizes. Bring a can of food to receive a raffle ticket; 1 can = 1 ticket. No limit.
Christmas Merrymaking is at 5:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main, Shoshoni. Silent auction and social is at 5:30 p.m., a prime rib dinner is at 6 p.m. and a dance is at 7 p.m. Tickets for the dinner are $14. The meal includes prime rib, cheesy potatoes, salad, roll, dessert and drink. To register, call or visit the center at 876-2703. Registration deadline is 3 p.m. Dec. 4.
Festival of Trees Gala "Christmas Around the World" is 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Corporate sponsor admission is 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. General admission is 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Admission for an individual is $50 or two for $75. Corporate tables are $500 (tables seat 10).
Music Student Recital is at 7:30 p.m. in the gallery at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Steven K. Osborne from Beverley Osborne.
Andrew S. Pursel from Brandi L. Pursel. Joint custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Ronnie Moss, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for property destruction and attempted burglary as part of a Riverton Police Department case, and on a Fremont County warrant for probation violation. The arrest occurred just before 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- A blue Dodge pickup truck reportedly struck a city plow at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of South Major Avenue and Riverview Road. Officials said both vehicles were traveling at low rates of speed, and only minor damage was reported. No one was injured in the crash, and no citations were issued.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 39 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 14 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one alcohol-related charge, two felony charges and seven misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 156 inmates, including 144 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: MCKIERNAN JOYCE E TRUSTEE, RUSLER DOROTHY REVOCABLE TRUST, RUSLER KENNETH TRUSTEE Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD AMENDED RI Lot: 2 Block: 6 Cit..., Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #2 DU Lot: 67 City: DUB... Grantee: MCKIERNAN JOYCE E TRUSTEE, RUSLER DOROTHY REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: GUINARD HELENE Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST VIEW PARK ADD #1 DU Lot: 19 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: GUINARD SEBASTIAN PHILIPPE, GUINARD HELENE
- Grantor: MCRAE SHAWN DARIUS Legal: Sub/Mine: ROBERTSON SUB LA Lot: 2 Block: 1 City: LANDER Grantee: MCRAE SHAWN D, MCCORMICK QUITEN
- Grantor: MEREDITH LLOYD E, MEREDITH DEBRA K Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 3 City... Grantee: LONG EDWIN J, LONG VICKY L
- Grantor: MILLER FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST, MILLER MICHAEL W TRUSTEE, MILLER KATHRYN A TRUSTEE Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 4E , Quarter: SWNE Section: 15 Township: 3N Range: 4E , Quarter: NWSE Section: 15 Township: 2N Range: 4E , ... Grantee: MILLER JONATHON P, MILLER JILLIAN G
- Grantor: WAGNER NANCY JANE TRUSTEE, WAGNER NANCY JANE LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: DEERFIELD ESTATES SUBVD MI Lot: 7 City: MISCE... Grantee: SMITH SHARON KAY HILL
- Grantor: FISH THOMAS A Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 13 Township: 2N Range: 2E , Section: 18 Township: 2N Range: 3E Lot: 1 , Quarter: SESE Section: 12 Township: 2N Range: 2E , ... Grantee: CROOKS JAMES K
- Grantor: WHIPP ZEB Legal: Half: S Section: 31 Township: 34N Range: 98W , Half: S Quarter: SW Section: 32 Township: 34N Range: 98W , Half: N Section: 6 Township: 33N Range: 98W , ... Grantee: WHIPP ZEB
- Grantor: FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION Legal: Sub/Mine: SHOSHONI 1ST ADD SH Lot: 13 Block: 22 City: S... Grantee: THOMPSON TIMOTHY P, THOMPSON LYNN A Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Groom: HORNECKER MICHAEL LEE Bride: PRICE CHEROKEE AMBERLYNN
- Groom: SANDERS MATTHEW SCOTT Bride: SANTEE LORI ANN
- Groom: PETERSON BENJAMIN HANS Bride: LARSON HEATHER MARIE
- Groom: REVERE LEROY VICTOR Bride: CASE RAVEN JADE