Dec 10, 2013 - StaffDeaths
Daniel Lee "Danny" Brown, 47, of Fort Washakie, died Saturday, Dec. 7, in Lander. Visitation will begin at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, and will continue through the night at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, at Rocky Mountain Hall. Burial will follow in Sacajawea Cemetery.
Bruce R. Means, 54, of Fort Washakie, died Sunday, Dec. 8, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, at Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe with a wake to follow. A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Dec. 13, at Great Plains Hall with Father Phil Wagner officiating. Burial will follow at the Arapaho Catholic Cemetery at St. Stephen's. Arrangements are under the direction of Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Sandra "Sandy" McMillen, 67, of Riverton, died Saturday, Dec. 7, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Cremation has taken place, and inurnment will be with her family at Mountain View Cemetery. Memorials may be made to CES or Paws For Life Animal League in care of Davis Funeral Home, 2203 W. Main St., Riverton, WY 82501.
Kathleen (Kate) Moore, of Shoshoni, died Tuesday, Dec. 3, at home. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A private memorial service will be at a later date.
Ranson "Randy" Ray Busby Rodabaugh, 58, formerly of Riverton, died Wednesday, Dec. 4. Services will be at a later date.
Rose Mae Shepardson, 88, of Lander, died Saturday, Nov. 30. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Tommy Joel Wagner, 67, formerly of Fremont County, died Sunday, Nov. 24. A memorial service was Tuesday, Dec. 3, in the Machine Shop in Evanston.
Mary Josephine (Jo) Williams, 86, of Lander, died Sunday, Dec. 8, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, at Trinity Episcopal Church in Lander with the Rev. Chuck Clark officiating. Music will be provided by the Lander Senior Center Choir.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Riverton VA Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane.
Educational Video Series: Filling the Day with Meaning is at 1 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Reception and Book Distribution is at 1 p.m. in the Community Room at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The guest speaker is Korean Marine Corps veteran Don Ryan.
Riverton Middle and High School Band Concert is at 6:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- William LoneBear, 59, of Fort Washakie, and Leah LoneBear, 32, of St. Stephen's, both were arrested on warrants for contempt of court at about 1:20 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of North Sixth Street East.
- Rhonda Monroe, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 4 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of East Jefferson Avenue. With her was Valerie Means, 30, of Riverton, who was arrested for disturbing the peace and contempt of court, and Clarence Moss, 20, of Arapahoe, who was arrested for contempt of court and interference. Officials said the three subjects confronted an off-duty Bureau of Indian Affairs officer and his girlfriend, assaulting the couple. The Federal Bureau of Investigation will be filing charges for assault on a federal police officer.
- Marcus Brown, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 11:30 pm. Friday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue.
- A 14-year-old Riverton girl and a 15-year-old Arapahoe girl both were cited for shoplifting at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- John Antelope, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2 pm. Saturday in the 200 block of North Ninth Street East.
- A 27-year-old Riverton woman was cited for shoplifting at about 2:10 p.m. Saturday at Walmart.
- Anderson Antelope, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:20 p.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- A 25-year-old Riverton man was cited for discharging a firearm within city limits at about 8:50 pm. Saturday in the 500 block of North 16th Street East.
- Eight people from outside of Fremont County were cited for minor under the influence at about 11:40 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of North Hill Street. The group included a 19-year-old woman from Thayne, Utah; a 20-year-old man from Sandy, Utah; a 20-year-old man from West Valley, Utah; an 18-year-old woman from Rock Springs; an 18-year-old man from Maple Grove, Minn.; an 18-year-old woman from Thermopolis; a 19-year-old woman from Vintah, Utah; and an 18-year-old woman from San Leandro, Calif.
- Chandler Shakespeare, 32, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of North Second Street East.
- Vincent Burnett, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant Monday.
- Cordell Washington, 40, of Riverton, was arrested Monday for disturbing the peace and on a municipal warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Wanda Harris, 44, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants for failure to appear and probation revocation at about 1:30 p.m. Friday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- Leithaniel Peahrora, 23, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 12:20 pm. Saturday at the Fremont County Detention Center in Lander.
- Herbert Wheeler, 26, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about noon Friday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- No one was injured during a traffic accident at about 10 a.m. Friday in the 100 block of North Third Street in Lander. The incident reportedly involved a green Dodge Dakota and a tan Chevy 4x4; no road blockage was reported.
- A hit and run accident was reported at about 10:40 a.m. Friday when a man in the 100 block of Elder Lane said his white 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan had been struck by an unknown vehicle. He said the driver's side rear quarter panel of the Caravan was damaged, and he did not know when or where the incident occurred.
- A motorist called law enforcement at about 1:15 p.m. Friday to report a Natrona County school bus "loaded with children" was traveling at excessive speeds and passing other vehicles westbound on U.S. Highway 20 near Moneta. Deputies said they followed the bus from Shoshoni to Riverton and did not observe any traffic violations.
- A minor traffic accident was reported at about 6:30 p.m. Friday from the intersection of Hancock Drive and Squaw Creek Road in Lander. No injuries were reported.
- A chimney fire was reported at about 6:30 p.m. Saturday from the 400 block of Pine Street in Shoshoni. Initial reports described smoke and possibly flames coming from the chimney of the single-level structure. Within two minutes of the call to police, first responders said they used a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze. Fire officials responded to make sure the problem was resolved.
- About 20 head of black cattle reportedly were on Wyoming Highway 133 in Pavillion at about 8:10 p.m. Saturday. The call came in from Miss Ginny's Roost Steak House.
- A deputy was called to cover a traffic accident involving a Wind River Police Department officer at about 4:20 a.m. Sunday on Shipton Lane in Fort Washakie. Officials said no one was injured in the incident.
- A blue Subaru Crosstrek reportedly struck a deer at about 3 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois. No one was injured, and no road blockage was reported; the deer reportedly ran from the scene.
- Someone reportedly smelled smoke at about 5:45 p.m. Sunday at the Lander Bar in the 100 block of Main Street in Lander. The call was canceled about one minute later.
- A man on Riverview Cutoff reported at about 1 p.m. Monday that someone had damaged a fence in the area either Sunday evening or Monday morning.
- No one was injured at about 3 p.m. Monday when a 1995 Dodge pickup reportedly slid on ice and tipped over on Cazier Lane in Lander. Officials said the driver was hauling a water tank when the Dodge lost traction on the slick roadway.
- A 25-year-old man was taken to Lander Regional Hospital at about 10:45 a.m. Monday after an all-terrain vehicle reportedly rolled on top of him in the 2300 block of Squaw Creek Road. Officials said the accident occurred on private property; the man's condition was unknown Tuesday.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 167 calls for service, including six involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and two reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 56 times, and area fire departments responded to 13 calls for help.
Twenty people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including six alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and 25 misdemeanor charges.
The center currently is responsible for 150 inmates including 139 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.