News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Apr 5, 2012 - Staff
The full name of the writer of a letter to the editor was inadverntently omitted when it was published March 28. The writer's full name is Carl M. Niswonger.
A daughter was born to Kylie Cook, of Riverton, at 4:15 p.m. March 8, 2012, at Riverton Memorial
A daughter was born to Laura Renea Friday and Kyle Sebastian Duran, of Fort Washakie, at 5:27 a.m. March 15, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 4 ounces.
A daughter was born to Katie and Lehman English, of Riverton, at 11:53 a.m. March 14, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces.
A daughter was born to Melissa and Tyson Frank, of Riverton, at 11:10 a.m. Feb. 29, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.
A son was born to Heidi and Carl Freeman, of Lander, at 4:30 p.m. March 5, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces.
A son was born to Karita Moss-Friday, of Lander, and Telano Groesbeck, of Riverton, at 9:08 p.m. March 1, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 10 pounds, 6.2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Hannah and Tyson Headley, of Ethete, at 8:26 a.m. March 8, 2012, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
A daughter was born to Rosa Hernandez, of Riverton, at 10:15 a.m. Feb. 25, 2012, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
Harold "Harry" Burroughs, 84, of Lander, died Sunday, April 1, at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Funeral services are pending at the Lander Church of Christ. Online obituaries are available and condolences for the family may be made at www.theDavisFuneralHome.com.
Former Pavillion resident, Larry C. Pickett, 70, died Monday, March 26, at his home in Centralia, Wash.
Film: Green Fire: A Land Ethic for Our Time is at 7 p.m. in the Little Theater at the Lander Library, 200 Amoretti St. The film chronicles the life of conservationist Aldo Leopold. The film is part of the Earth Day Film Series.
Maundy Thursday Presentation of the "Living Last Supper" is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave., Riverton. Event is free, and the community is welcome.
Lenton Fish Fry is 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. April in Bosecke Hall at the Holy Rosary Church, 163 Leedy Drive, Lander. Menu includes a generous portion of fish, fries, cole slaw, dessert and a drink. Cost is $7 per person. Children 10 and under eat free.
Red Desert Audubon Exhibit Reception is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lander Art Center, 224 Main St., Lander, WY 82520. Event is free. For more information, visit www.landerartcenter.com.
To add an event to the community calendar, please e-mail the information to email@example.com and include "community calendar" in the subject line.
In Riverton police reports from Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- A 16-year-old Riverton boy was arrested for minor in possession/under the influence of alcohol.
- At 11:12 p.m. on Wednesday, police arrested three Riverton residents involving controlled substance violations. Clayton Bell, 20, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Teesha LeClair, 19, and Sydney Valentine Willow, 20, were arrested for use of a controlled substance.
According to the RPD dispatch log, the controlled substance was marijuana. The arrests occurred in the 1400 block of West Park Avenue.
- Dustin Carl Brost, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for property destruction. The arrest occurred at 4:27 p.m. on Wednesday in the 200 block of East Main Street.
- Delilah Loretta Addison, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a probation revocation warrant.
- James C'Hair, 22, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant.
- Steven Charles Amos, 40, of Ethete, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence.
In Fremont County Sheriff's reports from Wednesday to Thursday:
- There were no arrests made.
- During the same time frame, ambulance crews were called out 18 times and firefighters responded to one call.