News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Dec 12, 2013 - Staff
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one cutline for the story "Prized football found in ditch near north Riverton intersection" should have said the daughter's name is Hannah Magnan.
A daughter was born to Chrystal and James Gardner, of Riverton, at 7:53 p.m. Oct. 27, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds.
A son was born to Chrystal and James Gardner, of Riverton, at 7:52 p.m. Oct. 27, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces.
David Everton Fenn, 72, formerly of Lander, died Sunday, Dec. 1, after battling myelodysplasia syndrome at Huntsman Cancer Institute in Salt Lake City with his daughter, Amy, at his side. No services have been announced.
Mary Ellen Quam, 95, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Dec. 11, at Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12, at Davis Funeral Home. A memorial mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 13, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church with Father Demetrio Penascoza. Inurnment will take place in the spring of 2014 with her husband at the Black Hills National Cemetery in Sturgis, S.D.
Last Chance Craft Fair is 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton.
"Falstaff"is at 11 a.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander. Donations are $5 for students, $10 for adults.
"The Nutcracker," presented by Positively Ballet, is at 11 a.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Tickets are $10 a person or $25 for a family and are available from the dancers or at Wyoming Quilts, 305 Main St., Lander. Portions of the proceeds will go toward a new dance floor and construction of the Lander Community Center. For more information, contact Tricia Lawrence at 349-6507 or email@example.com.
"The Nutcracker," presented by Positively Ballet, is at 6:30 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Tickets are $10 a person or $25 for a family and are available from the dancers or at Wyoming Quilts, 305 Main St., Lander. Portions of the proceeds will go toward a new dance floor and construction of the Lander Community Center.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Mandy S. Tate from Kevin J. Tate. Joint custody of minor children.
Jane D. Warren from Mark E. Warren. Wife's legal name of Jane Allison Dunkel restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Steven Willow, 39, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
- Colleen Willow, 26, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Travis Arthur, 32, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for breach of peace.
- Cole Hill, 26, of Pavillion, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container at about 6:50 p.m. Wednesday on Zuber Road north of Riverton. He reportedly drove into a pasture and wouldn't leave the area.
- Lauri Nantt, 44, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant as part of a Riverton Police Department case. Charges included five for forgery, one for felony larceny and one for felony theft. The arrest was made at about 6:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of Cherry Street in Riverton.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 47 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 16 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, five felony charges and 17 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 149 inmates, including 138 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: FREMONT COUNTY ALCOHOL CRISIS CENTER, ABATE SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROJECT Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 7 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 8 City: RIVERTON, Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 9 City: RIVERTON Grantee: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA NORTHERN ROCKIES
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 29 Township: 1n Range: 4e Grantee: PIERCE LONNIE K, PIERCE DEBORAH G
- Grantor: YEATES GARTH N JR, YEATES TARYN BROOKE Legal: Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 1 Block: 70 C..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 2 Block: 70 C..., Sub/Mine: HUDSON ORIGINAL TOWN OF HU Lot: 3 Block: 70 C..., ... Grantee: WRIGHT STEPHANIE K
- Grantor: SCHURG DANIEL E Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRIGGS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 26 Block: 4 City: LAN... Grantee: CESSNA DEBORAH RENAE, CESSNA NIKOLAS MIN WOO
- Grantor: MOORE ALICE R Legal: Sub/Mine: MEADOW VIEW ESTATES SUB MI Lot: 33 City: MISC... Grantee: MOORE ALICE R, MOORE LESSERT L
- Groom: TORRES MICHAEL NMN Bride: CAZARES GRIZEL ROSA
- Groom: WOOD CHASE KRISTOPHER Bride: HANSON KATY JO
- Groom: STROM LANCE PARKER Bride: CONNELL KRISTI LYNN
- Groom: KISTER TYSON JOHN Bride: AMOS CHRISTINE MARIE
- Groom: DARROW RICHARD DANA Bride: GARCIA TAMI JO
- Groom: WOOD CHASE KRISTOPHER Bride: HANSON KATY JO