Dec 13, 2013 - StaffCorrections
The page one stories published Wednesday and Thursday about a recent Environmental Protection Agency decision to grant local tribes Treatment as a State through the Clean Air Act should have said the 60-day period associated with the approval sets a timeframe for challenging the EPA's action, not for public comments. The EPA previously solicited and reviewed public comments on the tribes' application for Treatment as a State; approval of the application became effective Dec. 6. In addition, the boundary question does not affect the area EPA officials referred to as the "1953 Act area," which encompasses an area from Morton to Boysen Reservoir. Riverton is not located within the 1935 Act area.
A daughter was born to Elizabeth Gdula, of Loveland, Colo., and Russell Gdula, of Riverton, at 9:04 a.m. Nov. 22, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 5.3 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kristen Havens, of Tallahassee, Fla., and Luke Havens, of Lander, at 4:21 a.m. Nov. 22, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
Henry Duncan Fergueson, 88, of Lander, died Friday, Dec. 13, at Lander Valley Medical Center. He was the 2010 Lander Pioneer Days Parade Marshall. According to his wishes, cremation will take place, and a memorial service will take place in the summer of 2014.
Christopher Michael Sanders, 38, of Casper, died Monday, Dec. 9. Visitation will be 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, at Newcomer Funeral Home, 710 E. Second St., Casper. Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Casper. Burial will follow at a later date at Oregon Trail State Veterans Cemetery.
"Come to the Manger" Christmas Cantata, presented by Sunnyside Church of the Nazarene, is at 10:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. in Kinnear. Event is open to the public.
Fremont County Museums Central Director Candidate Meet and Greet, hosted by the Fremont County Museums Board, is at 3 p.m. at the Lander Pioneer Museum.
Pavillion Working Group Meeting is at 1 p.m. in the Wind River Room at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Boysen State Park Master Plan Meeting is 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the Little Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Riverton Middle and High School Christmas Vocal Concert is 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, Riverton.
Jerry Joseph Concert is at 9 p.m. at Bar 10, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton. Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Melody Ann Wazelle from Levi Marcel Wazelle. Wife granted primary custody of minor child. Wife's former name of Appleby restored.
Lila M. Zwemer from Zan K. Zwemer.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Jimmie Nelms, 61, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 3:15 p.m. Thursday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Lawrencetta Addison, 56, of Lander, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Roosevelt Avenue.
- Hays Goggles, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Daniel Black, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence early Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- David Hanson, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace at about 5 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of Federal Boulevard. Officials said a Bureau of Indian Affairs officer had brought Hanson to a motel in the area, and Hanson had become disorderly. The BIA officer reportedly had to struggle with Hanson to detain him. The officer reportedly handcuffed Hanson to the bumper of a patrol car and called the FCSO to arrest the man, who is not a member of either local tribe. Officials said Hanson was intoxicated.
- Joseph L. James, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for two charges --domestic violence battery and strangulation of a household member --and on a Fremont County warrant for domestic violence battery at about 10:20 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue. The warrants are in reference to two separate domestic violence incidents. First, James is alleged to have battered a female acquaintance on Oct. 11 before fleeing the area. A misdemeanor warrant was issued for his arrest regarding the incident. Deputies were called to his home again Dec. 5, when it was alleged that James had again battered the same person and fled the area. James was located Thursday and arrested without incident.
- Ceila Warren, 34, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- A resident on Pronghorn Drive south of Riverton called police at about 10 p.m. Thursday to report that his roommate received a text message from her ex-boyfriend who said he had left "an 8-ball of meth" somewhere in her room "so he could have some leverage on her." Officials were unable to locate drugs in the room.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 50 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 16 times, and area fire departments responded to five calls for help. Nine people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, one felony charge and 14 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 147 inmates, including 135 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: GRUBB ROBERT L, GRUBB FLORENCE L Legal: Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 3RD ADD DU Lot: 8 Block: 14 ..., Sub/Mine: SWITZERLAND PARK 3RD ADD DU Lot: 9 Block: 14 ... Grantee: GRUBB ROBERT STEVEN, GRUBB FRED JOSEPH, GROVE KATHRYN GRUBB, ...
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.