A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Dec 19, 2013 - Staff
Cheryl Lynn Eagle, 32, of Arapahoe, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, at Casper Medical Center. Arrangements are pending through ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
Cheryl Lynn Eagle, 32, of Arapahoe, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, at Casper Medical Center. Arrangements are pending through Davis Funeral Home of Riverton.
Dr. Ralph Edward Hopkins, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, at his home. A celebration of his life will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at Davis Funeral Home of Riverton. Visitation for family and friends will be 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Friday, Dec. 20, also at Davis Funeral Home.
Sammey Dale Lewis, 75, of Lander, died Saturday, Dec. 14, at his home. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, in the Chapel of Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander. A carry-in gathering will be after the service at the Elks Lodge, 492 Lincoln St., Lander.
Eleanor "Ellie" Lindell, 74, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, at her home. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Christmas Crafting with Santa is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lander Childrens Museum, 465 Lincoln St. The event will include Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, cookie decorating, scarf making, tree building, tree decorating, reindeer treat making and snowball launching (weather permitting and snow available). Admission is $3 for children ages 2 and up.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Alfred Shavehead, 57, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 6:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Louis Montoya, 25, of Dubois, was arrested for reckless driving and misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois.
- A 3-year-old was reported missing at about 3 p.m. Wednesday from a home west of Kinnear. The reporting party said the boy was last seen 45 minutes before the call to police. A resident nearby called law enforcement about 10 minutes later to say the boy was walking west on the highway with some dogs. His mom found him in good condition at about 3:25 p.m.; officials said he had wandered away with the dogs.
- A laptop computer was reported missing at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday from the 200 block of East Coal Street in Hudson. The reporting party said the computer was taken within the last week.
- A traffic incident was reported by the Wind River Police Department at about 7:30 p.m. Wednesday on 17 Mile Road near St. Stephen's Indian School. Initial reports state a vehicle rolled over during the accident and was on its roof against a fence. The occupant was out of the car.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 45 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 15 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including seven misdemeanors. The center currently is responsible for 152 inmates, including 141 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: HARGIS THOMAS, HARGIS CYNDI Legal: Sub/Mine: INDIAN LOOKOUT FIFTH SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 2 Blo... Grantee: HATCHER AMY JOY, HATCHER ROBERT
- Grantor: ROGERS WALTER B JR, ROGERS JUDITH A Legal: Sub/Mine: DABICH-BLACK 1ST ADD LA Lot: 6 Block: 2 City:... Grantee: LAKE STEPHANIE
- Grantor: HARDER DIESSLIN DEVELOPMENT GROUP LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: RIW INDUSTRIAL PARK RI Lot: 3 City: RIVERTON Grantee: ARC FERTNWY001 LLC
- Grantor: KESSELHEIM A DONN Legal: Sub/Mine: POPO AGIE RANCH ESTATES 2ND FILING LA Lot: 38 ... Grantee: KESSELHEIM A DONN TRUSTEE, KESSELHEIM A DONN TRUST
- Grantor: MANTLE LONNIE Legal: Section: 6 Township: 3N Range: 2E Remarks: TRACT 6 Grantee: HORSE POWER ENTERPRISES LLC Notes: TRACT 6
- Grantor: TURNER ROBERT T, TURNER ROBERT T TRUSTEE, TURNER JUDITH H, ... Legal: Sub/Mine: SQUAW CREEK VISTA SUBDIVISION REPLAT LA Lot: 4... Grantee: WILLS JENNIFER LEE TRUSTEE, WILLS JENNIFER LEE LIVING TRUST Notes: CORRECTED WARRANTY DEED, CORRECTED TO TERMINATE LIFE ESTATE
- Grantor: PRICE JULIE A, PRICE JAMES D Legal: Sub/Mine: LOGAN PARK 3RD ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 1 City: R... Grantee: DEGE JODI L
- Grantor: STAGNER DONALD F III Legal: Half: W Quarter: SE Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E Grantee: INGALLS SHANNON, INGALLS SAMUEL
- Grantor: INGALLS SAMUEL, INGALLS SHANNON Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 32 Township: 2n Range: 3e Grantee: STAGNER DONALD F III
- Grantor: REITER PAMELA J , REITER GARY L Legal: Sub/Mine: CHEVY CHASE 1ST ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 5 City: ..., Sub/Mine: CHEVY CHASE 1ST ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 5 City: ... Grantee: REITER GARY L TRUSTEE, REITER PAMELA J TRUSTEE, REITER PAMELA J LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: KAPER CODY L Legal: Quarter: SW Section: 27 Township: 32n Range: 99w , Quarter: SWSE Section: 27 Township: 32n Range: 99w Grantee: KAPER CODY LEE, BOARDMAN KIMBERLY ANN
- Grantor: WESTERFER GLENN, WESTERFER BRYAN, WESTERFER SHERRIE Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #1 RESUB OF LOT 47 MI ... Grantee: HOLDEREGGER JOHN MICHAEL, HOLDEREGGER KATRINA M
- Grantor: FABRIZIUS HARLEY LESTER, FABRIZIUS HARLEY L Legal: Section: 20 Township: 2n Range: 3e , Half: W Quarter: SW Section: 21 Township: 2n Range: 3e , Half: E Quarter: NE Section: 29 Township: 2n Range: 3e Grantee: COOPER KERRY, COOPER JEANIE Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 4 Block: 20 City: S..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 5 Block: 20 City: S..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 6 Block: 20 City: S... Grantee: WEMPEN FREEMAN , MAUCH NANCY
- Groom: VASQUEZ MIGUEL ANTONIO Bride: DELEON JESSICA LUCIA
- Groom: CLARK WILLIAM PETER Bride: MILLER HELEN LOUISE
- Groom: VASQUEZ MIGUEL ANTONIO Bride: DELEON JESSICA LUCIA
- Groom: STROM LANCE PARKER Bride: CONNELL KRISTI LYNN