Dec 24, 2013 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Marybeth Bulow and Robert Mayo III, of Riverton, at 10:29 p.m. Nov. 15, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Kanani Washakie, of Fort Washakie, and Ronald Mitchell Jr., of Ethete, at 6:24 p.m. Nov. 18, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
Rita Grace (Taylor) Coggins, 84, formerly of Fremont County, died Friday, Dec. 20, in Casper. A private service will be at a later date.
Terry Wayne Davis, 51, of Worland, died suddenly Thursday, Dec. 19. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, at Zion Lutheran Church in Worland with Pastor Louie Pantelis officiating. Burial will follow at Winchester Cemetery.
William (Bill) Francis Liss, 61, died Saturday, Dec. 21, in his home after a courageous battle with cancer. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 26, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church. A funeral mass will be at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church.
Belvia L. "Boots" Lummus, 75, of Pavillion, died Saturday, Dec. 21, at her home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, at Davis Funeral Home. Burial will be at Mountain View Cemetery.
Martha Helen Seymour, 93, formerly of Fremont County, died Thursday, Dec. 19, at the Schmitt Woodland Hills Assisted Living facility.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:40 p.m. Friday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Gary Antelope, 38, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for simple assault at about 1 a.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital. The initial call was regarding a family fight at a residence. Antelope reportedly was transported to the hospital for intoxication and arrested later. His victim was a 39-year-old woman.
- Lashelle Shakespeare, 18, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for simple assault and underage consumption of alcohol at about 3:20 a.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Forest Drive. Officials said she was engaged in a physical altercation with a 20-year-old Arapahoe man; when police arrived at the scene she reportedly was straddling him and pinning him to the floor with her hands around his upper arms. She reportedly had bit the man and pulled some of his hair out. He was issued a misdemeanor citation for underage consumption of alcohol and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Ismael Escamilla, 21, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants at about 12:40 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
- Michael Glon, 22, and Clayton Reinick, 18, both of Riverton, were arrested for a burglary that took place Dec. 2. According to reports, they took coins and some cash from a home in the 200 block of East Jackson Avenue.
- Lloyd Wallowingbull, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for reckless endangerment at about 9 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Main Street. Reports state he pulled a knife on the DJ at Bomber's Sports Bar.
- A 35-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for breach of peace and released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- A 58-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday at Walmart. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Rosetta Hutchinson, 36, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant at about noon Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Four people were arrested at about 2:30 p.m. Monday after being seen on video huffing from an air can in City Park. Each person was charged with one count of unlawful use of a toxic substance: Delight SunRhodes, 29, of Riverton, Tarras Williams, 30, of Riverton, Robin Blind, 32, transient, and Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Kristen Antelope, 20, of Arapahoe, was arrested for consumption under the age of 21 and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana).
- Joshua Moss, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension and driving on road ways laned for traffic (failure to maintain his lane) at about 6:10 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton.
- Jamie Jenkins, 18, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 6:20 p.m. Friday in the 900 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Jeraldo Ybarra, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence.
- A man on Ocean Lake called law enforcement at about 11:30 a.m. Friday to report that the rear axle of his all-terrain vehicle had fallen through the ice near Goose Knob. No one was injured in the incident, and officials said the reporting party removed the Polaris Razor from the lake without assistance.
- A minor traffic accident involving a Nissan Xterra and a school bus was reported at about 4 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of East Monroe Avenue. No injuries or road blockage was reported.
- A vehicle reportedly was in the wrong lane of travel at about 4:20 p.m. Friday in the 8500 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Lander.
- Riverton firefighters responded at about 5:30 p.m. Friday to reports of a fire in the 2400 block of East Adams Avenue. Officials said some electrical tape had started some insulation on fire underneath a trailer home. Crews put out several "hot spots" but said the fire was essentially extinguished when they arrived at the scene.
- A car reportedly hit a gas line at about 2 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Eighth Street West in Riverton. Initial reports state no one was injured in the incident, though gas was leaking and the street was blocked at the intersection of North Eight Street West and Sunset Drive. The gas company was on scene by 2:40 p.m., and the gas was shut off by 2:50 p.m. The road was clear by 3:30 p.m.
- Deputies were called to assist the Wind River Police Department at about 12:50 a.m. Monday on C'Hair Lane. The initial report was that a suspect was "shooting at" WRPD officers. Deputies arrived and found an officer detaining one person outside of a home. The FCSO took no further action in the incident and had no further information about the call for service.
- Dubois firefighters responded at about 8:30 a.m. Monday to calls of a structure fire on Lodgepole Drive. Officials said a wood stove had overheated, but the home did not catch fire. Residents are reminded to clean their chimneys before heavy winter use.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 160 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 46 times, and area fire departments responded to 25 calls for help. Twenty-five people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges, four felony charges and 50 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 147 inmates, including 135 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.