A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Dec 26, 2013 - Staff
A daughter was born to Taylor Moore, of Shoshoni, at 8:05 p.m. Nov. 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 5 ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Taylor Moore, of Shoshoni, at 8:05 p.m. Nov. 1, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 10.2 ounces.
Arlene B. Dean, 68, formerly of Kinnear, died Saturday, Dec. 14, in Florida, after an extensive medical condition and illness. A memorial service will be at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30, at Russell Haven of Rest in Green Cove Springs, Fla., with a visitation from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Beatrice Hinkle, 86, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Dec. 25, at Help for Health Hospice Home. Memorial services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 4, at Davis Funeral Home.
Baudie "Pete" Romero, 81, died Tuesday, Dec. 17, at his home in Gordonville, Texas, surrounded by family. A memorial mass will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church in Riverton. A rosary will be at 4 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 26, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church.
Harrison A. "Bunny" Shoyo Jr., of Fort Washakie, died Wednesday, Dec. 25, in his home. A visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 27, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie with the prayer service starting at 7 p.m. At 9 p.m., visitation will be moved from the hall to the family home, 130 Stewart Lane, for the rest of the night. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, at Rocky Mountain Hall. Burial will follow in the Sacajawea Cemetery.
"Frankenstein-reverse cast" is at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- Michael Keele, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about 12:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Spencer Street.
- A 33-year-old Riverton woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 5:10 pm. Tuesday at Walmart. She was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Kevin Toole, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic battery at about 3:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of West Adams Avenue.
- Eldon Antelope, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- A 15-year-old Riverton boy and his 46-year-old mother were injured in a one vehicle rollover Tuesday afternoon in the 600 block of North Smith Road. The young man, who was not licensed, was operating a 2003 Ford truck when the wreck occurred at about 2 p.m. Tuesday. The vehicle was southbound and drifted off the east shoulder of Smith Road. The truck reportedly struck a barbed wire fence and continued down an embankment, rolling at least one time. The passenger was ejected from the vehicle during the event; she was transported via ground ambulance to the Riverton Memorial Hospital. The driver also was injured and received a ride to the hospital in a private vehicle. In initial reports he complained of back, ankle and head pain. Driver inexperience is being investigated as the probable cause of the collision; alcohol was not a factor. The woman's current condition is unknown.
- A hit and run accident was reported at about 6:50 p.m. Tuesday on Young Road north of Riverton. Initial reports state someone drove through a fence in the area.
- A woman on Elizabeth Circle in Lander called police at about 10 a.m. Wednesday to say she had found a switchblade in her yard.
- A Riverton Police Department officer reportedly backed a vehicle into a green SUV at about 4:20 p.m. Wednesday on Sioux Avenue. No injuries and minor damage was reported.
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe. The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 75 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting injuries and three reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 33 times, and area fire department responded to 12 calls for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol related charge and seven misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 142 inmates, including 130 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.