TodayDec 27, 2013 From staff reports
A daughter was born to Abigail and Tyler Morton, of Riverton, at 1:01 p.m. Nov. 15, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces.
A daughter was born to Delphine and Alexander Phifer, of Lander, at 9:04 a.m. Dec. 1, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Tayler Gordon and Rocky Schmelzle, of Riverton, at 8:47 p.m. Nov. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Katherine A. Eagle Staff, 79, of Eagle Butte, S.D., died Wednesday, Dec. 25, in Eagle Butte, S.D. A one-night wake begins at 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 30, at the Johnson Cultural Center at Eagle Butte, S.D. Funeral services begin at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 31, at the cultural center.
Willett "Billie" Scarpelli, 91, of Riverton, died Thursday, Dec. 26, at Westward Heights in Lander. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 30, at Davis Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery in Riverton.
New Years at Noon is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Lander Childrens Museum, 465 Lincoln St. Children can watch the ball drop, enjoy craft activities and bring in the new year with a bang. Regular admission applies.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Arrest records were not available Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- James C'Hair, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- An iPod was reported stolen at about 4 p.m. Thursday from the 100 block of Peterson Road north of Riverton.
- At about 9:40 p.m. Thursday, someone reportedly left the Maverik Country Store in the 100 block of East Main Street in Lander without paying for $10.80 of gas.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center has taken 54 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 13 times, and area fire departments responded to four calls for help. Four people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, two other alcohol-related charges and five misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 140 inmates, including 128 in the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.