News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Dec 31, 2013 - Staff
A son was born to Megan Mitchell-Smith and Kevin Smith, of Lander, at 7:59 a.m. Nov. 4, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 13 ounces.
A daughter was born to Sheri and Bill Stegelmeier, of Lander, at 9:08 a.m. Nov. 19, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
Michelle Allen, 13, of Riverton, died Saturday, Dec. 28. Arrangements are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Stephen Woodrow Green, 75, of Lander, died Thursday, Dec. 26, surrounded by family at his home in Lander. Cremation has taken place, and a memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 3, at the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in Lander. A reception and celebration of life will follow the service at the Lander Elks Lodge, 492 Lincoln St., Lander.
Moeniqa Produit, 18, formerly of Riverton, died Saturday, Dec. 28. Arrangements are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Third Annual Benefit Ice Fishing Derby is Jan. 3 to Jan. 5 at Ocean Lake. The derby will benefit the family of 3-year-old Zachary Mackay who was critically injured in an ATV accident. Half of the proceeds will go to help with medical and travel expenses. Cash prizes and trophies offered for first, second and third places. A silent auction also will be held. Information and signup available at the Midvale Store, Highway 134 at Eight Mile Road.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Vincent Yellowbear, 52, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court at about 3:45 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 9:15 p.m. Saturday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Jason Wright, 29, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday in the 3100 block of Riverview Road.
- Jeri Whitaker, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and driving while under suspension at about 9:15 p.m. Friday on West Main Street.
- Marian Arthur, 50, of Denver, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:10 p.m. Friday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Stuart C'Hair, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence at 7:45 a.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Tommy Svilar, 55, of Casper, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension and interference with police at about 2:20 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of West Second Street in Shoshoni. Initial reports state he threw a beer bottle out of the window of his vehicle at the Fast Lane convenience store. He reportedly was headed toward Riverton.
- Jordan Oldan, 20, of Riverton, was arrested at about 8 p.m. Friday after he allegedly attempted to enter a home on Elder Lane while brandishing a 3-inch knife. Reports state Oldman was intoxicated and beating on the door to a home on Elder Lane north of Riverton. He was not wearing a shirt, and he reportedly asked to come inside of the residence, but he was refused entry. He then allegedly drew the folding knife and presented the blade; the door was slammed in his face. Deputies located Oldman in the immediate area. He was arrested for possession of a deadly weapon with unlawful intent, criminal trespass and minor under the influence of alcohol.
- Dubois firefighters responded at about 4:30 p.m. Friday to reports that 2-foot flames were coming out of a chimney on Fremont Street in Dubois.
- Motorists called law enforcement at about 9:30 p.m. Friday to report that a vehicle was parked in oncoming traffic on Wyoming Highway 789 just west of Shoshoni. A woman called to say there was a subject inside of the vehicle who appeared to be "passed out over the steering wheel."
- Several Riverton juveniles were reportedly using BB guns to shoot at cars at about 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of Gas Hills Road.
- The driver of a black Mitsubishi Eclipse reportedly lost control of the vehicle at about 3:30 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Delfelder Road north of Riverton. The reporting party said the vehicle went off of the road and through her fence. No injuries were reported; an investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- A woman reportedly drove her vehicle into several mailboxes at about 1 a.m. Monday at the end of Alaska Road north of Riverton.
- Deputies responded to several motor vehicle collisions over the weekend, none of which resulted in serious injuries.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 179 calls for service, including eight involving motor vehicle accidents with four reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 78 times, and area fire departments responded to 11 calls for help. Fourteen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five for driving under the influence, three other alcohol-related charges, two felony charges and 19 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 137 inmates, including 126 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Grantor: HILDNER MIKE S , HILDNER JILL Legal: Quarter: SESE Section: 36 Township: 2n Range: 3e Grantee: WRIGHT MICHELLE R, BECKER KERRY L
- Grantor: GAST ANNA, HORN ANNA, HORN EVAN R Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 3 City: LA..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 7 Block: 3 City: LA... Grantee: HORN ANNA, HORN EVAN R
- Grantor: MCDONNELL KATHLEEN A TRUSTEE, MCDONNELL KATHLEEN A REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Quarter: NWSW Section: 15 Township: 41N Range: 106W , Quarter: SWNW Section: 15 Township: 41N Range: 106W Grantee: MCDONNELL DENNIS J TRUSTEE, MCDONNELL KATHLEEN A IRREVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOP..., US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT Legal: Section: 31 Township: 3N Range: 2E Lot: 6 Grantee: MACH R L , MACH S A Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: SCHAEFFER LOIS N Legal: Section: 2 Township: 4N Range: 4W Lot: 4 , Section: 2 Township: 4N Range: 4W Lot: 5 , Quarter: NWSW Section: 2 Township: 4N Range: 4W , ... Grantee: SCHAEFFER LOIS N REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST, SCHAEFFER NICK JR TRUSTEE, SCHAEFFER LOIS N TRUSTEE
- Grantor: ROBINSON MATHEW A, CALVERT DEANA FAYE Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 20 Block: 95 City: ... Grantee: ROBINSON MATHEW A
- Grantor: STRICKLER ROBERT D SR, STRICKLER DOROTHY B Legal: Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 4 Block: B City: R..., Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 5 Block: 3 City: R..., Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 6 Block: 3 City: R... Grantee: POLE SETTER LLC
- Grantor: HANSON JEREMY, HANSON AMY Legal: Sub/Mine: CATHEDRAL PARK RIVERTON ADD RI Lot: C City: R... Grantee: GAUDERN BRANDON M, GAUDERN AMANDA M Notes: LOT "C"
- Grantor: PODOLL EDWARD STEVE, PODOLL LISA CHRISTINE Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 3 City..., Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 1ST ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 3 City... Grantee: CHAMPION INVESTMENT GROUP LLC
- Groom: LAJEUNESSE HAYES CURTIS Bride: WHITE HOPE LYNN
- Groom: PHILLIPS KYLE WILLIAM Bride: BRANDMEIER ERIN ELIZABETH
- Groom: KISTER TYSON JOHN Bride: AMOS CHRISTINE MARIE
- Groom: CLARK WILLIAM PETER Bride: MILLER HELEN LOUISE