A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 2, 2014 - Staff
A daughter was born to Suzanna and Robert Tillman Sr., of Fort Washakie, at 8:20 a.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at Lander Regional ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A daughter was born to Suzanna and Robert Tillman Sr., of Fort Washakie, at 8:20 a.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 11.4 ounces.
A son was born to Lacey Young Vandermeulen, of Riverton, at 6:58 p.m. Oct. 31, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 5 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Hayley Forster and Cefus Wood, of Shoshoni, at 8:26 a.m. Oct. 29, 2013, at Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 12 ounces.
Richard Anthony Sutherland Jr., 67, of Dubois, died Saturday, Dec. 21, at Help for Health Hospice in Riverton. Per his request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Third Annual Benefit Ice Fishing Derby is Jan. 3 to Jan. 5 at Ocean Lake. The derby will benefit the family of 3-year-old Zachary Mackay who was critically injured in an ATV accident. Half of the proceeds will go to help with medical and travel expenses. Cash prizes and trophies offered for first, second and third places. A silent auction also will be held. Information and signup available at the Midvale Store, Highway 134 at Eight Mile Road.
Saddle Roping: Emerson Bodan Memorial is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 2 Rodeo Drive, Lander.
In Riverton Police Department reports Monday through Thursday morning:
- White St. Clair, 35, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 9:20 p.m. Monday at the Center of Hope, 233 W. Adams Ave.
- Matthew Lawson, 32, of Arapahoe, was arrested for property destruction at about 12:15 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Seventh Street East. Officials said he was intoxicated when he broke a $900 kitchen table.
- David Ferris, 46, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication and resisting arrest at about 12:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Sunset Drive.
- Teresa Swimmer, 37, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday on South First Street.
- Marian Arthur, 50, of Denver, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:15 p.m. Tuesday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Police responded to reports of a fight at about 5:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of East Madison Avenue. A woman in an apartment there said she was trying to calm down her two sons who were upset because one was "jumped" at a party and the other wanted to "get revenge." The son who was allegedly attacked, a 16-year-old, said he was drinking at a party on the Wind River Indian Reservation when he got into an altercation with two other people --an 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old boy --who "beat him up." The case was sent to the Wind River Police Department.
- Marcus Brown, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue. With him was a 33-year-old Riverton woman who was issued a citation for domestic violence battery.
- Jason Bell, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and driving while under suspension at about 2:40 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Arapahoe Drive and Cheyenne Avenue.
- Marian Arthur, 50, of Denver, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Officials are investigating a hit and run accident that was reported at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of East Main Street. Witnesses said a black 2003 Chevy Silverado pickup truck struck a red 2007 Pontiac G6 in front of the Boot Bar, causing more than $1,000 in damage to the Pontiac. The driver of the pickup is suspected to be a 53-year-old Shoshoni woman.
- Ivan Bear, 44, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for criminal trespass at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday at Walmart.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Thursday morning:
- No arrests were recorded. The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 89 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 34 times, and area fire departments responded to 12 calls for help. Seventeen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including five for driving under the influence, five other alcohol-related charges and 35 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 138 inmates, including 127 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.