A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 3, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Krista and Cameron Willis, of Lander, at 7:55 a.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Krista and Cameron Willis, of Lander, at 7:55 a.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Krista and Cameron Willis, of Lander, at 7:53 a.m. Oct. 21, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces.
A daughter was born to Nicole and Terrance Yellowplume, of Ethete, was born at 5:39 p.m. Oct. 29, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
Richard Charles Ager, 60, of Lander, died Sunday, Dec. 29, in Lander. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, in the Chapel of Mount Hope at Hudson's Funeral Home.
Robert A. "Bob" Masson died Monday, Dec. 23, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper following complications from a fall in his home. Cremation has taken place, and a celebration of life service will be in the spring. His ashes will be interred in the Rawlins Cemetery.
Jacquelyn A. "Jacky" Riewe, 75, of Fairmount, N.D., died Wednesday, Jan. 1, at Essentia Health in Fargo, N.D. The funeral service will be at 1:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, at First English Lutheran Church in Fairmount, N.D. Visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 5, at Vertin-Munson Funeral Home in Wahpeton, N.D., and one hour before the service Monday, Jan. 6, at the church. Interment will be at a later date at Fairmount Cemetery in Fairmount, N.D.
Third Annual Benefit Ice Fishing Derby is Jan. 3 to Jan. 5 at Ocean Lake. The derby will benefit the family of 3-year-old Zachary Mackay who was critically injured in an ATV accident.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Cassandra Goggles, 41, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Benjamin Piper, 48, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Darwin Shakespeare, 24, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Friday morning:
- Michael Anderson, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace.
- Janelle Warren, 18, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded to a one-vehicle rollover at about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday on U.S. Highway 26 near Lava Mountain Lodge north of Dubois on Togwotee Pass. Officials said a girl from Moran Junction lost control of her gray or black sport-utility vehicle on the ice. The vehicle reportedly rolled onto the driver's side and slid into a ditch. The driver refused treatment and was not injured.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 49 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 22 times. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three alcohol-related charges and seven misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 138 inmates, including 128 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.
- Grantor: STUBER MICHAEL S, STUBER LORI A Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 24 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Section: 18 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W , ... Grantee: WILZBACHER JEREMY RAYMOND, KOLMAN SARAH FRANCES Notes: WITH STRIP OF LAND CONTAINED IN ORDINANCE NO. 879, ABANDONING LAND NEXT TO FREMONT STREET
- Grantor: JPMORGAN CHASE BANK NA Legal: Sub/Mine: SPRUCE ADD REPLAT RI Lot: 3 Block: 1 City: RI... Grantee: FISHER CATHY, SETTLEMIRE KIM Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: APPLEBY BEVERLIE, PARKS GEORGE Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 54 City: L..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 54 City: L..., Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 54 City: ... Grantee: NEWMAN ALEXANDRIA M
- Grantor: WEIDEMAN MIKEL R, WEIDEMAN SUSAN A Legal: Sub/Mine: INDIAN LOOKOUT FIFTH SUBDIVISION LA Lot: 6 Blo... Grantee: KAIL JAMES D, KAIL MICHELLE R
- Grantor: LANDIS JASON Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 5TH SUBDIVISION RI Lot: ... Grantee: FORBIS PEGGY DIANE
- Grantor: ESPINOSA LORIEL C Legal: Sub/Mine: TITUS SUB MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: FMJ LLC
- Grantor: WALKER WESLEY G, WALKER MARIE A Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 125 Cit... Grantee: DAILEY ELIZABETH M
- Grantor: JACQUES RICHARD J, DAILEY SANDRA LOUISE, BURHANS LINDA DIANE Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 9 Block: 5 City... Grantee: HECKART KORTNI
- Grantor: SMITH JEANNETTE TRUSTEE, SMITH ROGER TRUSTEE, SMITH JEANNETTE LIVING TRUST Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 34 Township: 1n Range: 4e Grantee: SCHIEFFER JEFFERY J, SCHIEFFER BETH A
- Grantor: CARDINAL RALPH B, CARDINAL JOANNE H Legal: Half: S Quarter: NE Section: 32 Township: 3n Range: 5e , Quarter: SE Section: 32 Township: 3n Range: 5e , Half: S Quarter: NE Section: 32 Township: 3n Range: 5e , ... Grantee: BARTA RAYMOND E
- Grantor: SCHIEFFER JEFFREY J, SCHIEFFER BETH A Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW TERRACE SUB RI Lot: 10 Block: 5 Cit... Grantee: NICOL JULE M, NICOL JULEE M
- Grantor: WIND RIVER GOLF COURSE HOLDING COMPANY LLC Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 29 Township: 2n Range: 3e , Half: S Quarter: SE Section: 30 Township: 2n Range: 3e , Half: E Quarter: NE Section: 31 Township: 2n Range: 3e , ... Grantee: WIND RIVER GOLF COURSE INVESTMENT CO LLC
- Groom: HANSON DAVID LEWIS Bride: SAWYER AMANDA KAY
- Groom: MOON KENNETH JOHN Bride: SCHELZENBACH JULIE NICOLE
- Groom: ROUILLARD OWEN LESTER Bride: GROESBECK CHERYL LOIS
- Groom: PHILLIPS KYLE WILLIAM Bride: BRANDMELER ERIN ELIZABETH
- Groom: TORRES MICHAEL NMN Bride: CAZARES GRIZEL ROSA