TodayJan 7, 2014 Staff
Charlie Walter Davison, 62, died Friday, Jan. 3. A celebration of life service will be at 6 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, at the Eagles Hall in Riverton.
Joseph M. Gose, 99, of Riverton, died Monday, Jan. 6, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. Mr. Gose was the father of Dr. Roger Gose of Riverton. Funeral services will be in Decatur, Texas, with burial to follow at Oak Lawn Cemetery in Texas.
Bryan Jenkins, 29, of Riverton, died Saturday, Jan. 4, at Lander Valley Medical Center. A rosary and wake will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 8, at Great Plains Hall. A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 9, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church, officiated by Father Phil Wagner. Burial will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery.
Sara Miller, a long-time Riverton resident, died Sunday, Jan. 5, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Services will be held in the summer.
Danny Quincannon, 67, of Riverton, died Friday, Jan. 3. Services are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Michael Sale, 62, of Shoshoni, died Sunday, Jan. 5. Services are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
eBooks Open House is 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave.
Financial Aid Information Night for Families is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Riverton High School, 2001 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton.
Journaling for Health is 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- James Wheeler, 44, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:40 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Joseph Arthur, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:50 p.m. Friday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Alicia McKee, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of Forest Drive.
- Rodney Jealousofhim, 50, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 8 a.m. Saturday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Justin SunRhodes, 39, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2 p.m. Saturday on Eagle Drive.
- Aloysius Piper, 46, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 7 p.m. Sunday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Clowry Means, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:30 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Adam Bumstead, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, eluding police, driving under suspension and having no interlock device at about 10:15 p.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Sunset Drive in Riverton. Reports state he attempted to elude a deputy when the officer tried to stop the 2002 Mercury SUV that Bumstead was driving in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. The officer said the vehicle, which was not displaying registration tags, was weaving from lane to lane and operating with no tail lights. Bumstead failed to yield for at least two blocks before reportedly crashing into a snowdrift in a turning lane on North Federal Boulevard. Bumstead then exited the vehicle and reportedly ran from the deputy. The subject reportedly attempted to scale a large chain link fence and became entangled in the top strands, lacerating his hands. He was taken to Riverton Memorial hospital for treatment.
- Lori Guttke, 21, of Dubois, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 10:15 p.m. Friday in the 1500 block of Fairview Drive in Dubois.
- Cordell Washington, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 5 p.m. Friday at the Center of Hope.
- A Wind River Police Department officer reportedly struck a deer with a patrol car at about 7:15 p.m. Friday. The sheriff's office was called to handle the incident.
- A 13-year-old Colorado girl broke her left femur Saturday during a snow machine accident near Fiddler's Lake above Lander. Officials said the girl was operating a snow machine at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday when she crashed into a tree. Rescue personnel reached her about an hour later and stabilized her injury before transporting her from the scene in a snow machine. An ambulance at Bruce's Campground in Sinks Canyon took her to Lander Regional Hospital. The cause of the collision is unknown.
- A Riverton woman called police at about 4:40 a.m. Monday to say her debit card had gone missing Sunday and someone had made charges using the card.
- Joshua Branson, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about noon Monday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Riverton.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 145 calls for service, including seven involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 78 times, and area fire departments responded to 10 calls for help. Eighteen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, eight other alcohol-related charges and 29 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 127 inmates, including 117 at the facility, four in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.