TodayJan 10, 2014 Staff
Michael Bearing, 50, died Thursday, Jan. 2, in Phoenix. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. An evening service and wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, at Blue Sky Hall. Interment will be in the Tyler Family Cemetery on 17 Mile Road.
Eva Marie Sutton, 70, died Wednesday, Jan. 8, at Lander Regional Hospital. A memorial service will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Jan. 17, in the Community Entry Services Hudson Center, 177 N. Third St., Lander. She will be buried next to her sister Jackie in Douglas.
2014 One Shot Rabbit Hunt is Jan. 10 to Jan. 12. Registrations, calcutta, dance, silent auction and raffles are Jan. 10. Hunters can check in at 5 a.m. Jan. 11 at the Shoshoni Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main St. The hunt ends at 6 p.m. Junior hunters ages 12 to 17 can participate Jan. 12 with an experienced hunter.
All Girl Rodeo is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 10 Rodeo Drive, Lander.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Dan David, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for battery.
- Jody VanFleet, 30, of Riverton, was arrested for burglary and property destruction.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Terence Lasergio Hanway, 24, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence and probation revocation.
- Christopher Todd Debiasi, 43, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for aggravated assault and battery related to a Lander Police Department case. The warrant was issued at about 8:30 a.m. Thursday at Lander Regional Hospital.
- Justin Gervin Tindall, 27, of Ethete, was arrested for probation revocation at about 10:20 a.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Courthouse in Lander.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident reported at about 11:15 a.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of North Eighth Street West in Riverton. The minor incident reportedly blocked traffic.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 53 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents. County ambulances were dispatched 12 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charges, one felony charge and seven misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 129 people, including 120 at the facility, four in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and four elsewhere.