A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 16, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Sharice Lajeunesse and Elijah Anderson, of Riverton, at 8 p.m. Dec. 30, 2013, at Riverton Memorial ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Sharice Lajeunesse and Elijah Anderson, of Riverton, at 8 p.m. Dec. 30, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces.
A son was born to Shara McAdams and C.J. Barrett, of Riverton, at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 19, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
Betty L. Weis, 83, of Riverton, died Sunday, Jan. 12, at Morning Star Care Center in Fort Washakie. Per her request, cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 22, at Cornerstone Church, 402 S. Seventh St., Riverton.
eBooks Open House is 10 a.m. to noon at the Dubois Library, 202 N. First St. Have an iPad, Android Device or Kindle Fire and want to learn how to access eBooks using the 3M Cloud Library? Bring them in and have the library staff show you how. Patrons will need their WYLD library card and PIN.
"The Habit of Art" is at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
eBooks Open House is 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Crowheart Library, 33 Old Yellowstone Highway. Have an iPad, Android Device or Kindle Fire and want to learn how to access eBooks using the 3M Cloud Library? Bring them in and have the library staff show you how. Patrons will need their WYLD library card and PIN.
Casino Night is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event. A button is required.
Fourth Annual Taste of Lander is 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Inn at Lander Best Western, 260 Grand View Drive. Vendors include Cowfish, Creative Chef Creations, Hitching Rack, Kai, The Middle Fork, Siam Cafe, What's For Dinner and Wyoming Catholic College Catering. Tickets are $50 and include food, beer and wine. They are available at Old Town Coffee, Furry Friends and the Lander Pet Connection.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Jeffrey Baxter, 55, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery.
- Steven Huntley, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Joseph Arthur, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace early Thursday after reportedly being involved in a disorderly incident at about 2 a.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue. A juvenile reported the incident, telling officials that his uncle and grandmother were fighting. Arthur reportedly was taken to the Center of Hope but was later arrested for disturbance at the facility.
- Jerry Hines, 56, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of West Main Street in Riverton.
- Sherman Quiver, 30, of Ethete, was arrested for interference with police and resisting arrest.
- Nathan Surrell, 27, of Hudson, was arrested for false imprisonment, interference with police and bond violation.
- A vehicle reportedly left the scene after striking a building early Wednesday on U.S. Highway 26 near Kinnear. The incident was reported at about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday; the reporting party said it took place sometime after 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. The crash is under investigation.
- A cow that got loose from the Fremont County Fairgrounds at about 5 p.m. Wednesday reportedly was shot by its owners after they got "tired of chasing it," according to the reporting party. The caller said his 3-year-old son saw the cow get shot, and the man wanted to speak to a deputy about the incident. Officials said they spoke with all parties involved, and no action was taken.
- A woman reportedly was found covered in blood at about 5:20 p.m. Wednesday at the Hudson dump. In initial reports she said her boyfriend hurt her. The incident is under investigation.
- A woman in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue thought someone had tried to break into her home at about 7:15 p.m. Wednesday. Officials said the wind had blown the door open.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 50 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 19 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Eleven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including three for driving under the influence, one other alcohol related charge, one felony charge and 14 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 133 inmates, including 123 at the facility, four in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.