Jan 23, 2014 - StaffClarifications
Coverage of the Tad Barnson homicide and subsequent prosecution of brothers Alan and Vernon Brown for the crime has said that Barnson's disappearance was not reported for four months. Barnson's former wife, Pam Aho, said she notified law enforcement that he was missing within a week of his disappearance in 2006.
In Tuesday's Ranger, the page four editorial "Tuesday notes" should have said volunteers from Riverton High School, Devon Energy and the Fremont County Democratic Party also assisted with the Avenue of Flags on Monday, according to event organizers.
In Tuesday's Ranger, the page one story "Wild West Winter Carnival launches busiest part of event schedule" should have said the quick draw art contest begins at 6 p.m. and the auction begins at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 7 at the Riverton Elks Club downtown.
Ice Fishing Derby is Jan. 24 to Jan. 26 at Boysen Reservoir. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Poker Run is 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Boysen Reservoir. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
eBooks Open House is 10 a.m. to noon at the Hudson Library, 205 Illinois Ave. Have an iPad, Android Device or Kindle Fire and want to learn how to access eBooks using the 3M Cloud Library? Bring them in and have the library staff show you how.
"Hamlet" is at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
Andy Frasco and the U.N. Concert is at 9 p.m. at Bar 10, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Dennis Buffalo, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 8:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- William Topaum, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication just before 9 a.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Eldon Antelope, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Adam Spitler, 28, of Pavillion, was arrested on a warrant out of Sweetwater County and for open container at about 5 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Leon Spoonhunter, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension, open container, driving without an interlock device and failure to stop at a stop sign at about 2 a.m. Thursday on Spire Drive. Reports state he failed to stop at the stop sign when he made a left turn from Spire Drive onto West Monroe Avenue. He reportedly told police he had smoked marijuana about two hours before and had some vodka as well as valium, gabapentin and hydrocodone. Officers said there was an open, 1.75-liter bottle of vodka in Spoonhunter's back seat.
n Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Lawrence Foster, 33, of Lander, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for contempt of court at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Four Seasons Drive in Lander.
- A woman on Gas Hills Road east of Riverton called police at about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday to report that several dogs from the property next to hers were dragging "whole leg bones" around during the past few months. She said she was concerned that a processing plant was in operation nearby.
- Two gold-colored dogs reportedly attacked another dog and "made" a man fall down at about 1 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of East Monroe Avenue. The reporting party said the animals accessed her property by going under a fence.
- A vacant home was the subject of a burglary that was reported at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of West Fourth Street in Hudson. The reporting party didn't know whether any items were taken from the property.
- A citation was issued to a dog owner at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Shoshone Drive north of Riverton. Reports state the pit bull bit a girl and broke her skin.
- A gallon of milk was reported stolen at about 7 p.m. Wednesday from a home on Wyoming Highway 789 near Riverton. The reporting party said she came home and discovered that someone had broken into her house. The incident is under investigation.
- A foster dog reportedly attacked its foster mother and child at about 8:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of Cherry Street in Riverton. No injuries were reported, and the dog --described as a medium-sized black, white and brown animal --was still in the house at the time of the call.
- A man was reportedly trying to steal gas out of a vehicle at about 10:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of Meckem Street in Dubois. Officials were unable to locate the subject, though the reporting party said there were footprints by the vehicle's gas tank.
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.