News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jan 24, 2014 - Staff
In Thursdays Ranger, the page five story "Spring to bring two new cafes" should have said the contractor Apodaca and Sons Construction has completed pouring concrete and framing the new bathroom and are finishing a new kitchen.
A son was born to Destiny Marie Newhouse and James Wesley Mdean Denevan, of Riverton, at 10:52 a.m. Dec. 17, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces.
Nathan D. Hatfield, 18, of Riverton, died Monday, Jan. 20. A viewing will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 26, at Davis Funeral Home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Jan. 27, at the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds. Everyone is invited to join the family for a reception at the center immediately following the service.
Ice Fishing Derby is Jan. 24 to Jan. 26 at Boysen Reservoir. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Summit Players Concert is at 7 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Eric Woodward, 32, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence assault at about 6 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Victoria Brown, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for vandalism, criminal entry and on a Fremont County warrant at about 10 p.m. Thursday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- No one was injured in a minor traffic accident at about noon Thursday in the 100 block of East Ramshorn Street in Dubois. The reporting party said she "clipped a vehicle" in the area. Vehicles involved included a Toyota Rav4 and a silver 2011 model.
- Another traffic accident was reported at about 12:30 p.m. Thursday from the 200 block of West Ramshorn Street. A caller at the Outlaw Saloon said a woman ran into a building in the area with her maroon Chrysler PT Cruiser. No injuries were reported, but the incident reportedly blocked traffic.
- A propane truck reportedly backed into a parked red Ford F350 just before 2 p.m. Thursday in the 2000 block of Sand Butte Road south of Pavillion. No injuries were reported.
- Several dogs reportedly "tore up" a resident's property and dogs at about 6 p.m. Thursday on Big Ridge Lane south of Kinnear. The man said he was taking two of his dogs to the veterinarian.
- The Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 32 calls for service, including three involving motor vehicle accidents with one reporting property damage. County ambulances were dispatched 14 times, and area fire departments responded to three calls for help. Eight people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including two for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, five felony charges and 19 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 139 inmates, including 125 at the facility, six in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and seven elsewhere.