A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Jan 30, 2014 - Staff
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one story "WRTA passenger numbers up; wreck reduces bus fleet by one" should have said the Wind ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
In Wednesday's Ranger, the page one story "WRTA passenger numbers up; wreck reduces bus fleet by one" should have said the Wind River Transportation Authority's "blue line" did not contribute to the ridership increase and was canceled by the Wind River Hotel and Casino in November, according to transportation manager Benjamin Eastmond. Also, the WRTA bus involved in the accident rolled over twice.
A daughter was born to Shoshana and Will Friday, of Fort Washakie, at 4:42 p.m. Dec. 8, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 11 ounces.
A son was born to Markita Gabriel, of Shoshoni, at 3:27 p.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 9 ounces.
Alice P. Molash, 74, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Jan. 29, at her home. 3A rosary and wake will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at 100 C'Hair Lane. A funeral mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with burial to follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery.
Tethered Balloon Rides are 8:30 a.m. at Riverton City Park. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Ice Sculpting is 9 a.m. to noon on Main Street in Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Snowman Stampede 5K is at 10 a.m. at the Riverton High School track, 2001 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event. Registration is $15 with a button.
Hole in One Golf is at 11 a.m. at Riverton City Park. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
"Coriolanus" is at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
Kids Coin Grab is at 1 p.m. at Riverton City Park. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Crab Crack is 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym, 220 N. Seventh St. E., Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Third Annual Wild Game Dinner, sponsored by Hillcrest Baptist Church, is at 5 p.m. in the Heritage Hall at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Dinner is at 6 p.m. Dinner is free, and door prizes will be available. To receive free tickets, call 856-3635 or 840-0968.
Coronation/Silent Auction is at 5 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym, 220 N. Seventh St. E., Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Cynthia S. Childers from Curt E. Childers.
Lamonte Cleveland from Tracey Cleveland. Husband granted custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Weeks restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Dan David, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for bond revocation at about 11:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Hauser Harris, 26, of Kinnear, and his brother James Harris, 30, of Kinnear, both were arrested on Fremont County warrants for failure to appear at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday at a home near Pilot Butte Reservoir on U.S. Highway 26 west of Kinnear. James Harris reportedly made the call to police to report that his brother was "trying to fight everyone" at the residence. According to James Harris, Hauser Harris was "threatening them and the children." Officials said the brothers were involved in a minor scuffle; both were arrested on outstanding warrants.
- Stephen Oldman, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for criminal entry and property destruction at about 10:50 p.m. Wednesday on Snowberry Lane north of Riverton. According to reports, he was found sitting in the living room of a home in the area; the reporting party said a window had been broken out. Oldman is alleged to have broken the window and entered the residence. Officials said he was found to be highly intoxicated.
- Multiple trucks were reportedly driving "extremely fast" at about 1 p.m. Wednesday on Lost Wells Butte Drive north of Riverton.
- Officials were unable to locate a vehicle that reportedly was driving in the wrong lane at about 5:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 9900 block of U.S. Highway 20 in Shoshoni.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 35 calls for service, including one involving a motor vehicle accident. County ambulances were dispatched 16 times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Seven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, one other alcohol-related charge, one felony charge and 13 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 130 inmates, including 122 at the facility, four in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and three elsewhere.
- Grantor: MORGAN DONALD H REVOCABLE TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: MORGAN SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: ELDER ROBERT R, ELDER WLLIAM G
- Grantor: SAAL ROBERT L Legal: Sub/Mine: MADDENS ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 119 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: MADDENS ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 119 City: LANDER Grantee: ECKHARDT WENDY L Notes: CORRECTED WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: FREMONT COUNTY ALCOHOL CRISIS CENTER, ABATE SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROJECT Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 7 Block: 9 City: RIV..., Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 8 Block: 9 City: RIV..., Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 9 City: RIV... Grantee: VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA NORTHERN ROCKIES Notes: CORRECTIVE BUT NO REFERENCE GIVEN
- Groom: THOMS RICHARD OZZY Bride: GADD LANECA MARIE TERRY
- Groom: KAMMINGA FORREST CLARK Bride: HART KAREN AMBER
- Groom: ESPINOZA SERRANO ISAUL I Bride: FRIDAY SUMMER DAWN
- Groom: HITSHEW RODGER SCOTT Bride: HITSHEW AMY LOUISE