News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Jan 31, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to DaleRae Green, of Fort Washakie, at 9:06 p.m. Sept. 19, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Enedina Vasco, of Riverton, and Josh Green, of Lander, at 5:15 p.m. Dec. 14, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 14 ounces.
Saxophobia is at 2:30 p.m. at Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Kelly Gayle Cole from Andrew Carl Cole.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Cole Boyd, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic battery and underage consumption of alcohol at about noon Thursday in the 400 block of Elizabeth Drive. Officials said his victim was a 17-year-old female and the mother of his child.
- Leo Duran, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants at about 2 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard. Also arrested was Novita Jarvis, 28, of Lander, on a Fremont County warrant.
- Clowry Means, 47, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Edward Soundingsides, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant and for interfering with a peace officer at about 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the 2000 block of East Adams Avenue. Officials said he attempted to run from police.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Ernest Oldman, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on four Fremont County warrants at about 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue. The warrants were related to an alleged string of domestic violence incidents; Oldman is charged with two counts of felony domestic violence battery as well as misdemeanor domestic violence battery and probation revocation. Officials said they investigated two separate incidences at a residence on Snowberry Lane in Riverton in reference to the charges. The first was reported Dec. 26, 2013, alleging Oldman had battered a woman at the home. The second incident was reported Jan. 1, when Oldman allegedly battered two women at the residence. In both instances, Oldman reportedly fled the area prior to the arrival of law enforcement. His felony charges are the result of misdemeanor charges that have been enhanced due to prior domestic violence convictions.
- Officials were called to conduct a drug search on a locker at about 9:10 a.m. Thursday at Shoshoni School. Another drug search was initiated at about 1:40 p.m. Thursday at Lander Valley High School.
- Deputies are investigating a hit and run accident that was reported at about 3:30 p.m. Thursday at the Wind River Hotel and Casino south of Riverton.
- A truck reportedly was parked in traffic at about 6 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Squaw Creek Road in Lander. The reporting party said she almost hit the truck with her own vehicle.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 45 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched nine times, and area fire departments responded to one call for help. Thirteen people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, four other alcohol-related charges, four felony charges and 28 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 135 inmates, including 124 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and five elsewhere.
- Groom: ROBISON JUSTIN DAVID Bride: GREGORY ERIN JEAN
- Groom: COLE DANIEL DAVID Bride: HARRIS STELLA MARIE
- Groom: ROBERTS JUSTIN DANIEL Bride: WOMACK KIMBERLY ANN
- Groom: JURADO ANTONIO JR Bride: COLLINS CHRISTINA MAE