TodayFeb 11, 2014 Staff
A daughter was born to Leighanna Oldman, of Salt Lake City, and Santana Mendoza, of Riverton, at 6:55 p.m. Dec. 31, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Megan Kougher, of Ethete, and Gary Moss, of Arapahoe, at 5:12 a.m. Dec. 6, 2013, at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 11.8 ounces.
A son was born to Brett and Ashleigh Newlin, of Holland, Pa., at 5:45 a.m. Friday, Dec. 6, 2013. He weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces. His grandparents are Mick and Pat Newlin of Riverton.
Lois J. Wagner, 91, formerly of Riverton, died Wednesday, Feb. 5, in Chandler, Ariz. A viewing will be 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at Davis Funeral Home. A funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Mark Rader officiating. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Jeffrey "Womp" Michael Wampach, 58, died Sunday, Feb. 2, at his home in McCook, Neb. Cremation has taken place, and a burial service will be in early summer in Eden Valley, Minn.
Ashgrove First Grade Music Concert is at 6 p.m. at Ashgrove School, Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Racheal J. Hillger from Charlie F. Brown. Wife granted sole legal/physical custody of minor children.
Elizabeth M. Irwin from Delbert J. Madrid.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Jason Lacey, 38, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 8 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Christopher Gitchell, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for violation of a protection order at about 2:45 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of East Main Street.
- A 17-year-old Arapahoe girl was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 3 p.m. Friday at Riverton High School.
- David Ferris, 46, of Ethete, was arrested on municipal warrants at about 5:30 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- A 15-year-old Lander boy was issued a misdemeanor citation for shoplifting at about 7:45 p.m. Friday at Walmart. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Edward Brown, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10 p.m. Friday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Delmar Cantu, 27, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 1 a.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Fifth Street East.
- John Redman, 23, of Ethete, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 2 a.m. Saturday on South Federal Boulevard south of the Wind River.
- Nathanial Keays, 32, of Shoshoni, was arrested for public intoxication, vandalism and criminal trespassing at about 9:40 a.m. Saturday in the 2300 block of Walnut Drive. Officials said Keays had been involved in a verbal argument there at about 8 a.m. Saturday and had been asked to leave and not return. He reportedly came back and damaged a trailer in the area.
- A 57-year-old Riverton woman was issued a misdemeanor citation for dog at large at about 1:45 p.m. Saturday in the 1100 block of East Fremont Avenue. She was released with her promise to appear in court at a later date.
- Shane Boren, 35, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant at about noon Sunday in the 1500 block of Debbie Street.
- David Walrod, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and hit and run at about 7:15 p.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of East Park Avenue. Officials said a 53-year-old man had stopped his 2006 Mercury Milan at the stop sign at North 16th Street East and East Park Avenue. Walrod, in a maroon 1990 Ford F250, reportedly turned right at the intersection and struck the left rear quarter panel of the victim vehicle with the front of his truck. He reportedly continued driving, but his victim followed him and called police.
- Benjamin Runningshield, 33, of Arapahoe, was arrested for probation revocation and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 10:40 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Jason Antelope, 30, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 5:45 a.m. Monday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- William Topaum, 36, of Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication at about 6 a.m. Monday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 5:50 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Justin SunRhodes, 39, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 6 p.m. Monday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
- Joshua Hocking, 24, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance at about 9:45 p.m. Monday in the 2500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Gary Holt, 51, of Dubois, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- John Panighetti, 50, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 10:30 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Adams Avenue in Riverton.
- A man in the 600 block of Mountain View Drive in Dubois called police at about 11:20 a.m. Friday to say his neighbor's dog, which was tied up, was barking every time the reporting party walked outside.
- Unauthorized guests and dogs reportedly were staying at a residence on Lost Wells Butte Drive. The report was made at about 3 p.m. Friday.
- Residents asked for assistance catching a Chihuahua at about 4:45 p.m. Friday. The animal reportedly was running loose in the 3500 block of Riverview Road.
- A dog was found running at large at about 5:20 p.m. Friday on Appaloosa Lane in Lander.
- A man called police at about 7:30 p.m. Friday to say someone had gotten into his truck and backed it into a post in the 1000 block of East First Street in Hudson.
- A red and white Corgi was found on a porch at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of Paradise Valley Road north of Riverton. The dog's license tag said it was from Lander.
- An ambulance responded at about 8 p.m. Sunday to reports of an assault with a knife on South Fork Road in Fort Washakie. Officials said they responded to a request to send an ambulance for an apparent stabbing in the area. Further information was unavailable.
- Domestic abuse was reported at about 10:30 p.m. Saturday from the 400 block of West Ramshorn Street in Dubois. According to reports, a girl took her mother's car keys and would not give them back.
- A "large party with underage kids" was reported at about 1:45 a.m. Sunday on Coal Mine Road in Lander. Officials said the gathering had dispersed by the time they arrived at the scene. Deputies reportedly contacted about 25 people in five different cars, all with sober drivers. Everyone involved was an adult age 18-22, officials said.
- An English bulldog was reported missing at about 2:30 p.m. Sunday from the 2600 block of Cooper Road in Riverton. The animal reportedly had been gone for several hours.
- County detectives have concluded their investigation into an alleged embezzlement incident at rural Riverton business. Rachel Cox, 41, of Riverton, was arrested on several charges pursuant to a warrant issued for her arrest. Cox, who was employed by the business, is alleged to have deprived the company of monetary funds on multiple occasions in the year 2013 totaling several thousand dollars. Cox has been charged with six felony crimes and one misdemeanor crime, all of which pertain to either theft or larceny by bailee.The incident was reported to the sheriff's office Aug. 29.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 139 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 19 times, and area fire departments responded to 89 calls for help. Twenty-seven people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including four for driving under the influence, six other alcohol-related charges, seven felony charges and 42 misdemeanor charges.