TodayFeb 12, 2014 Staff
A son was born to Keiyonna Sankey and Myron Perry, of Riverton, on Dec. 23, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
A daughter was born to Stephanie and Reese Peterson, of Riverton, at 9:45 a.m. Nov. 25, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 5 ounces.
Irene Ella Harris, 71, died Sunday, Feb. 8, at her home in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with Father Phillip Wagner officiating. Interment will follow at Yellow Calf Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 14, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with a wake to follow at the family home, 6 Gas Hills Road.
Elnora Maxson, 97, of Riverton, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. Services are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Fremont County 4-H 100-Year Celebration is at 6 p.m. in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Doors open at 6 p.m. Dinner is served at 6:30 p.m. Baxter Black will entertain starting at 7:30 p.m. and Austin Wahlert will perform at 9 p.m. Tickets are $50. No one under 18 is permitted. For more information or to buy tickets, call the Lander Area Chamber of Commerce at 332-2363 or 857-3654.
ValenTen Celebration is Feb. 14 at Bar 10, 114 S. Broadway Ave., Riverton. A special Valentine's Day dinner will be offered with complimentary champagne and chocolate drizzled strawberries.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Sarah M. Kelley from James D. Kelley. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Forbis restored.
Christina Kurpis from Gene Kurpis. Wife granted custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Nation restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- A 26-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for criminal trespass at about 10:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Comanche Street. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date. Officials said he had been trespassed from the property but returned to the location and tried to make contact with someone there.
- Jody Blackburn, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Newell Duran, 48, of Casper, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 5:40 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of West Main Street.
- Shane Boren, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic battery at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 1500 block of Debbie Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Christina Callender, 27, of Gillette, was arrested on a Campbell County warrant and for no interlock device and driving while under suspension.
- Shane Duran, 28, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, driving under suspension and failure to maintain his lane.
- A male yellow lab was reported missing at about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday from the 1600 block of North Smith Road.
- Someone failed to pay for gas at about 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 8100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in Lander.
- A dog was reported lost at about 2:10 p.m. Tuesday from the 900 block of Eight Mile Road west of Riverton.
- Several cows reportedly created a traffic hazard at about 4:20 p.m. Tuesday on Eight Mile Road west of Riverton.
- The FCSO received a call from the Teton County Sheriff's Office at about 6:20 a.m. Wednesday requesting help with a search and rescue incident involving six missing Minnesotan snowmobilers on Togwotee Pass. A search crew from Dubois headed out early Wednesday to check trails on the Continental Divide and east of the divide, and the snowmobilers were found early Wednesday afternoon.
- During this timeframe, the Fremont County Emergency Dispatch Center took 43 calls for service. County ambulances were dispatched 14 times, and area fire departments responded to two calls for help. Six people were booked into the Fremont County Detention Center for charges, including one for driving under the influence, two felony charges and 10 misdemeanor charges. The center currently is responsible for 146 inmates, including 134 at the facility, five in substance abuse treatment programs, one on home detention and six elsewhere.
- Grantor: GEORGE DENNIS TRUSTEE, GEORGE BARBARA TRUSTEE, GEORGE LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: GEORGE SUB MI Lot: 5 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: GEORGE COLTEN
- Grantor: MILLER SUSAN BENNETT, COLLINS GREG Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 14 Township: 33n Range: 100w Grantee: OTTO KATHLEEN ANN
- Grantor: SCHUSTER DAVID F, SCHUSTER MICHELE E Legal: Sub/Mine: ISLAND SITES FIRST FILING MI Lot: 7 City: MIS... Grantee: DE LA REGUERA DEBORAH J TRUSTEE, DE LA REGUERA DEBORAH J TRUST
- Grantor: THOMPSON STEVEN D, THOMPSON SHERRY L Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 34 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 16 Block: 34 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 17 Block: 34 City: LAN..., ... Grantee: GERKEN KREG, GERKEN GINA
- Grantor: HANNELLY JANE L Legal: Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB DU Lot: 113..., Sub/Mine: UPPER LITTLE WARM SPRING CREEK SUB DU Lot: 114... Grantee: HANNELLY JANE L TRUSTEE, HANNELLY JANE L REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST
- Groom: JURADO ANTONIO JR Bride: COLLINS CHRISTINA MAE
- Groom: HITSHEW RODGER SCOTT Bride: HITSHEW AMY LOUISE
- Groom: ROBISON JUSTIN DAVID Bride: GREGORY ERIN JEAN
- Groom: WAGON JACOB KENDALL Bride: CBEARING DUDLEE SEANA