TodayFeb 13, 2014 Staff
A daughter was born to Kiri and Drew Porter, of Riverton, at 12:03 a.m. Nov. 28, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
A son was born to Tori Arguello and Stoney Rettinghouse, of Riverton, at 7:55 p.m. Dec. 5, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
Wallace Wolfrang, 81, died Sunday, Feb. 9, in Casper. A visitation will be 5 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at Blue Sky Hall in Ethete. Visitation will continue all night at the family home. The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 17, also at Blue Sky Hall. Burial will follow in the Wolfrang Family Cemetery.
Children's Clothing Giveaway, sponsored by the Riverton Community Food Bank, is at 9:30 a.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Clothing is being provided for low-income families by Kids in Distressed Situations of New York. The food bank also is requesting food donations and volunteers for both days. Qualifying families must be low-income and qualify for SNAP, LIEAP or free or reduced meals at schools. Bring valid photo ID, birth certificates for children and proof of income (bank statements or pay stubs).
FAFSA Completion Workshop, sponsored by Riverton High School, will be 10 a.m. to noon in a computer lab at RHS, 2001 W. Sunset Drive, Riverton. Refreshments will be available.
RC Car Races are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Heather Dawn Matsen from Brad Gene Matsen. Joint custody of minor children.
Bonnie Jo McLean from Russell Scott McLean.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Clayton Wallowingbull, 27, of Ethete, was arrested for probation revocation at about 3:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive. With him was Lloyd Wallowingbull, 36, of Riverton, who was arrested on Fremont County warrants.
- Anthony Addison, 32, of Riverton, was arrested on Fremont County warrants at about 9 a.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Kimberly Blount, 25, of Rock Springs, was arrested for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, driving under suspension and possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at about 2 p.m. Wednesday on Vessel Road north of Lander. Officials were called to a residence there to take a report about a stolen vehicle. The suspect, Blount, is alleged to have taken a Toyota Four Runner belonging to her boyfriend's father. After the initial report was taken, she reportedly arrived back at the residence with the vehicle. She reportedly said she took it without permission and indicated she had driven it to Rock Springs. She also said she had been in a collision with the vehicle, but officials said details about the wreck remain unclear. According to reports, the Four Runner also had been identified as part of a REDDI call in Lander just before Blount arrived back at the residence. Deputies said they located marijuana on her person. The case has been forwarded to the Fremont County Attorney for review, and further charges may be pending.
- A dog reportedly was running at large at about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday in the 2400 block of Squaw Creek Road in Lander.
- No one was seriously injured in a two-vehicle accident that was reported at about 9:45 a.m. Wednesday on Union Pass Road north of Dubois.
- Fremont County Search and Rescue crews demobilized Wednesday afternoon after assisting the Teton County Sheriff's Office with a mission on Togwotee Pass, where six snowmobilers from Minnesota had been reported missing. Officials said they were notified at about 1 p.m. Wednesday that the men had been located, unharmed, in Teton County. The FCSO had sent several ground crews to search east of the Continental Divide, as requested by Teton County.
- Several men were causing a disturbance at about 2:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Llamas reportedly were causing a traffic hazard at about 2:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Mortimore Lane in Lander.
- Several dogs reportedly were at large at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday on Cinnamon Way south of Lander.
- A small dog reportedly entered a man's yard at about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Elder Lane north of Riverton. The reporting party said his own dog killed the animal.
- Someone who had suffered a dog bite on the Rails to Trails pathway near Honor Farm Road north of Riverton arrived at the Riverton Memorial Hospital emergency room at about 8:20 p.m. Wednesday.
- A group of people reportedly were drinking and being disorderly at about 2:20 a.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Elder Lane north of Riverton.
- Grantor: COWBOY TOWN INC Legal: Sub/Mine: RAWHIDE SUB DU Lot: 1 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: RAWHIDE SUB DU Lot: 2 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: RAWHIDE SUB DU Lot: 3 City: DUBOIS, ... Grantee: FIRST NORTHERN BANK OF WYOMING
- Grantor: RADMAN RENEE Legal: Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 126 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 126 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 126 City: ..., ... Grantee: RADMAN RENEE , HOLLINS CATHERINE L, HOLLINS ERIC, ...
- Grantor: RADMAN FAMILY LIMITED PARTNERSHIP Legal: Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 126 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 9 Block: 126 City: L..., Sub/Mine: CAPITOL HILL ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 126 City: ..., ... Grantee: RADMAN RENEE Notes: WITH VACATED ALLEY
- Groom: ESPINOZA SERRANO ISAUL I Bride: FRIDAY SUMMER DAWN
- Groom: BIG MEDICINE RUSSELL JAY Bride: MC GILL SANDRA KAY
- Groom: BLACKBURN GARY ALLEN JR Bride: MONROE ALFREDA RACHEL
- Groom: LIMBERHAND JOSHUA JAMES Bride: HEBAH JOHNNA JENINE