A family-owned daily newspaper serving Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming since 1949
Feb 14, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Chezerai and Cody Robison, of Riverton, at 11:18 a.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He ...
There is more! Read the rest of the story - subscribe today!
A son was born to Chezerai and Cody Robison, of Riverton, at 11:18 a.m. Nov. 26, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 2 ounces.
A daughter was born to Megan Rosalez, of Riverton, at 7:56 a.m. Dec. 20, 2013, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces.
Hope D. Cavaness, 35, of Riverton, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, at her home. Arrangements are pending with Davis Funeral Home.
Donna Jean (Martinez) Elder, 61, formerly of Riverton, died Wednesday, Feb. 12, at Close to Home Hospice House in Gillette. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 18, at Mount Pisgah Cemetery Chapel with Andy Carsrud officiating. Interment will follow at Mount Pisgah Cemetery. Visitation will be 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at Walker Funeral Home.
Leroy Shakespeare, 75, of St. Stephen's, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16, at St. Stephen's Catholic Mission with a wake to follow at 101 Goes In Lodge Road. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, Feb. 17, at St. Stephen's Catholic Mission with burial to follow at Arapahoe Catholic Cemetery.
James "Jim" Earl Stephenson, 73, formerly of Fremont County, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, at Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital after a battle with cancer. Memorial services will be at a later date.
Children's Clothing Giveaway, sponsored by the Riverton Community Food Bank, is at 9:30 a.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. Clothing is being provided for low-income families by Kids in Distressed Situations of New York. The food bank also is requesting food donations and volunteers for both days. Qualifying families must be low-income and qualify for SNAP, LIEAP or free or reduced meals at schools. Bring valid photo ID, birth certificates for children and proof of income (bank statements or pay stubs).
RC Car Races are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton. This is a Wild West Winter Carnival event.
Lander Free Tax Preparation is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College Lander Center, 427 Main St. The income limit is roughly $52,000 to qualify for the free service. Taxpayers needing assistance should bring their 2013 tax package, all wage and earning statements (Form W-2), all interest statements (Form 1099), information for all deductions/credits, proof of account for direct deposit or refund (voided check), Social Security cards for dependents and/or spouse, birth date of all dependents and any other relevant information about income and expenses. A proof of identification is also needed. For more information, call Willie Noseep at 855-2149.
Jim Stewart Presentation on Petroglyphs, sponsored by the Fremont County Archaeological Society, is at 7:15 p.m. at Hudson Town Hall, 333 S. Main St. Event is free, and students are welcome.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Autumn Miller from Omar Miller.
Brittney Rae Mills from Kelly Lynn Mills. Joint custody of minor child.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- A 23-year-old Riverton man was issued a misdemeanor citation for interfering with a police officer and breach of peace at about 11:55 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of East Madison Avenue. He was released with his promise to appear in court at a later date. The initial call was regarding a noise complaint.
- Brandon Frankson, 20, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and disturbing the peace at about 12:50 a.m. Thursday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive.
- David Killsree, 36, of Riverton, was arrested on a municipal warrant at about 8:45 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of Eagle Drive.
- Jakota Wolfname, 23, of St. Stephen's, was arrested on a hold for probation and parole at about 11 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East Madison Avenue.
- Francisco Pereda, 38, of Arapahoe, was arrested for misappropriation of state benefits at about noon Thursday in the 500 block of North Federal Boulevard. Officials said Pereda was using an electronic benefit transfer card from the state illegally. No further information was available pending the continued investigation.
- Edward Brown, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace at about 10 p.m. Thursday at the Center of Hope, 223 W. Adams Ave.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- No one was arrested during this timeframe.
- No one was injured in a two-vehicle accident involving a snow plow at about 10:20 a.m. Thursday in the 3500 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois. Officials said the snowplow was traveling at a low speed in white out conditions when it struck the vehicle, which was traveling in the wrong lane.
- A woman called police at about 1 p.m. Thursday to say the door of a home in the 3000 block of Cooper Road had been kicked in. Officials said nothing was taken; there are no suspects.
- The Dubois Fire Department responded at about 8:10 p.m. Thursday to reports of a fire in a stove pipe in the 300 block of Horse Creek Road.
- An intoxicated person reportedly was trying to "fight everyone" at about 8:50 p.m. Thursday in a house on South Second Street in Lander.
- Grantor: SCHROCK PAUL C, SCHROCK LEILANI A Legal: Sub/Mine: FOREST PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 10 Block: 5 City:... Grantee: OLSON JESSE J, OLSON BRANDICE J
- Grantor: ALBRANDT GARY D, ALBRANDT KAREN ANN, ALBRANDT KAREN A Legal: Quarter: NE Section: 9 Township: 2n Range: 5e Grantee: FEGLER JARYDE SCOT, FEGLER TEFFANY
- Grantor: RICO CONSTRUCTIN INC Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES RI Lot: 19 Block: 8 City: R... Grantee: CORTEZ RICO YEISI
- Grantor: MARTIN DANIEL W, MARTIN MICHELLE L Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 1 Block: 7 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 2 Block: 7 City: SH... Grantee: STALINSKI JOSEPH S
- Grantor: SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT OF WASHINGTON DC Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 4 City:..., Sub/Mine: BALDWIN ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 4 City:... Grantee: POMPA ANN
- Grantor: ECKLEY DALE D, ECKLEY VENITA Legal: Sub/Mine: BRACE "V" SUB MI Lot: 2 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Sub/Mine: BRACE "V" SUB MI Lot: 3 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: ROBISON MICHAEL
- Grantor: MARLATT WLLIAM L, MARLATT ALICE M Legal: Half: W Quarter: SE Section: 3 Township: 2N Range: 5E , Quarter: NWNE Section: 10 Township: 2N Range: 5E , Quarter: SWNE Section: 10 Township: 2N Range: 5E Grantee: JARVIS DANIEL L
- Grantor: BRUNER SAMUEL SCOTT, BRUNER ASHLEY MARIE CAMP Legal: Sub/Mine: CHEVY CHASE 1ST ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 4 City: ... Grantee: MOWREY JARED DUANE, MOWREY MARIE LINDSEY
- Groom: WARREN PAUL HENRY SR Bride: GOGGLES EMMA LANELLE
- Groom: WAGON JACOB KENDALL Bride: C BEARING DUDLEE SEANA
- Groom: BLACKBURN GARY ALLEN JR Bride: MONROE ALFREDA RACHEL
- Groom: ADDISON HIRAM ANDREW JR Bride: ADDISON NIKITA ANN
- Groom: MUNDA DAVID WAYNE Bride: BUTCHER KINDRA KAY
- Groom: HAAS MONTE LANE Bride: MARCELLINO JOSETTE MARIE.