TodayFeb 26, 2014 Staff
Elizabeth Mae "Betty" Bogacz, 89, of Riverton, died Saturday, Feb. 22, at Help for Health in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at St. Margaret's Catholic Church. A viewing will be 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. before the service at Davis Funeral Home. Burial will be at Mountain View Cemetery.
Max Harold Ecker, 60, died Monday, Feb. 24, at his home in Riverton. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 1, at Davis Funeral Home in Riverton. Interment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. A visitation will be 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at Davis Funeral Home.
Myrtle Maureen Smith, 74, of Lysite, died peacefully Monday, Feb. 24, at her home. Per her request, cremation has taken place, and there will be no services.
Wyoming State Winter Fair Rancher's Rodeo is at the Lander Old Timers Rodeo Arena. Admission is $3. For more information, call Marlene Young at 332-4011.
Be The Change Anti-Bullying Conference is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Fremont Room at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. Sixty-five middle school students from around the state will attend.
Fremont County Friends of NRA Banquet and Auction is at 5:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds, 1010 Fairgrounds Drive, Riverton. To purchase tickets, call John Snell at 851-5416, Bruce Burg at 840-3311, Shawn Tessman at 851-3943 or Gary Capron at 438-2446.
Imagine No Malaria Chili Cook-Off is at 6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church, 262 N. Third St., Lander. Entry fee is $15, and participants should bring 205 gallons of chili to share. Deadline to enter is Feb. 24. The winner will receive dinner for two at the Hitching Rack.
Lander Valley High School and Middle School Select Art Show Reception is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Lander Art Center, 224 Main St. Show runs from Feb. 28 to March 29. For more information, call Lisa Hueneke at 332-5772.
Mardi Gras Celebration is at 6 p.m. at the Senior Citizen Center, 209 Main St., Shoshoni. Dinner is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. The casino games are 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. with an auction afterward. Dinner is $9 a person or $15 for dinner and $200 in Mardi Gras money ($5 gets $100 of Mardi Gras money). Everyone is welcome.
Spaghetti Dinner for Fifth-Graders is 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. at the Lander Elks Lodge, 492 Lincoln St. A Lander class is raising funds to visit the Teton Science Schools in Jackson to learn research techniques for studying area water. All proceeds will go to the students.
"The Music Man" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Game and Fish officials have confirmed that the animal tracks found Monday near Sunset Park belonged to a dog, not a bobcat or mountain lion. The determination was made based on the shape and size of the print, which was described as "totally canine."
- Steven Amos, 42, of Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation at about 2 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue.
- John Antelope, 46, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:45 p.m. Tuesday at Walmart.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Jason Myre, 31, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Mark Wallace, 50, of Shoshoni, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office.
- A man called police at about 4 p.m. Tuesday to say someone had hit a wooden fence post that was attached to a cattle guard on Maverick Springs Road west of Kinnear. The incident is under investigation.
- A vehicle reportedly was stuck at about 4:15 p.m. Tuesday on Green Mountain.
- About 30 cows reportedly were causing a traffic hazard at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 6000 block of Riverview Road in Riverton.
- A vehicle reportedly struck a parked blue Toyota truck with Montana plates at about 8:50 p.m. Tuesday in the 8700 block of Wyoming Highway 789 in Lander. The case will be handled by the Wyoming Highway Patrol.
- A 27-year-old woman reportedly suffered a broken arm at about 9:45 p.m. Tuesday when she was involved in a traffic accident in the 2000 block of North Second Street in Lander. Officials said she was driving a 2008 Mercury with four passengers who were uninjured in the incident. The Mercury reportedly slid off of the roadway; the vehicle sustained front-end damage and was towed from the scene.