News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Feb 28, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Melissa and Mike Abeyta Jr., of Riverton, at 3:27 p.m. Jan. 10 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces.
A daughter was born to Diamond Bace and Jesse Blackburn, of Riverton, at 9 a.m. Jan. 19 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces.
Sandy Fullmer LaCross died Wednesday, Jan. 29, after a courageous battle with pancreatic cancer. A celebration of life service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at the REACH Foundation, 622 N. Eighth St. W., Riverton. A potluck will follow the service.
Barbara Parker, 90, of Lander, died Thursday, Feb. 27, at Lander Regional Hospital. A private family inurnment will be at a later date.
Wyoming State Winter Fair Horse Show is at the Lander Old Timers Rodeo Arena. Admission is $3. For more information, call Marlene Young at 332-4011.
"The Music Man" is at 2:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
Miss Native American USA Exhibit Reception is at 5 p.m. in the Northern Arapaho Experience Cultural Room at the Wind River Hotel and Casino, 10269 Wyoming 789, Riverton.
Lander Free Tax Preparation is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Central Wyoming College Lander Center, 427 Main St. The income limit is roughly $52,000 to qualify for the free service. For more information, call Willie Noseep at 855-2149.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Barbara Ann Wilczewski from Bryon Hugh Wilczewski. Wife's former name of Cash restored.
Cory Wright from Dawn Wright.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- Justin SunRhodes, 39, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Byron Amos, 43, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday to Friday morning:
- McKenzie Rae McNamara, 19, of Casper, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance at about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 10200 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton near Burma Road. Initial reports state the subject had stolen another woman's wallet and cash.
- Kelsie Kay Brown, 20, of Arapahoe, was arrested for failure to appear at about 7:50 p.m. Thursday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- A two-vehicle accident was reported at about 8 a.m. Thursday at the intersection of Idaho and East Sixth streets in Shoshoni. Officials said a 27-year-old Shoshoni woman was cited for a stop sign violation; her 2001 Ford van reportedly struck a 2006 Nissan driven by a 29-year-old Shoshoni woman.
- A motorist reportedly drove up on an accident at about 11 a.m. Thursday on U.S. Highway 26 near Diversion Dam Road. The incident is under investigation; no further information was available.
- A dog was reportedly chasing cows in a pasture at about noon Thursday in the 1600 block of Riverview Road. The incident is under investigation.
- A horse reportedly was on the street at about 1 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of Paradise Valley Road. A similar call was made at about 5 p.m. Thursday when a horse reportedly was causing a traffic hazard in the 2000 block of North Second Street in Lander.
- A vehicle reportedly hit a herd of deer at about 7 p.m. Thursday at the intersection of Mazet Road and Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton. No injuries were reported, but the driver said his vehicle sustained damage.
- Emergency crews responded at about 5:30 a.m. Friday to a structure fire on Engavo Lane in Fort Washakie. Officials said the incident began as a chimney fire, but the flames spread to the home's ceiling and roof. The blaze was extinguished quickly by Fort Washakie firefighters, who were on scene for about 45 minutes according to reports. Residents were home at the time of the fire and called 911; they escaped the structure without injuries. Officials said the home is salvageable.