News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Mar 6, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Anastasia Yellowfox and Norman C'Hair, of Riverton, at 12:25 a.m. Feb. 11 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce.
A daughter was born to Vicki and Joshua Chavarrin, of Riverton, at 11 a.m. Jan. 8 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 8.2 pounds.
Larry H. Hunter, 76, of Riverton, died Wednesday, March 5, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. Cremation has taken place. Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 8, at Davis Funeral Home with Pastor Mark Rader of the United Methodist Church officiating.
Wyoming State Winter Fair Trade Show is March 6 to March 8 in the Bob Carey Memorial Fieldhouse, Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Admission is $3. For more information, call Marlene Young at 332-4011.
"Warhorse" is at 1 p.m. at the Lander Library, 451 N. Second St., Lander.
Lion or a Lamb 10k/5k Run, Walk, Bike is at 8 a.m. at the Lander Valley High School, 400 Baldwin Creek Road. Cost is $25 for walkers and runners and both races (also able to bike the race). Event raises money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Registration forms are available at Gannett Peak Sports, the Wild Iris Store or www.active.com.
Shamrock Shindig is at 5:30 p.m. at the Inn at Lander, 260 Grandview Drive. A $50 ticket includes a chance in the shamrock raffle, hors d' oeuvres, one ticket for beer or wine, a catered dinner, grand desserts, music by the Low Water String Band, dancing and auctions. First prize is a 1-ounce gold coin valued at $1,300 and second prize is $500 cash. Other drawing prizes will include gift certificates and autographed books. Proceeds will benefit the Lander Community Center and other Lander Rotary projects. To buy tickets, call Mike Lilygren at 840-3131. For more information, visit www.landerrotary.org.
Stars of Tomorrow 19th Annual Talent Show is at 6 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Julian C'Hair, 47, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Armando Martinez, 36, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court.
- Amanda Luther, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication.
- Whitney GhostBear, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested for shoplifting and on a warrant for failure to appear. With her was a 15-year-old Arapahoe girl and a 14-year-old Arapahoe boy, who both were issued a citation for shoplifting.
- William Lewis, 28, of Lander, was arrested for driving under the influence, property destruction, resisting arrest and parole violation.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Thursday morning:
- Martin Blueford, 18, of Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court at about 4:40 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Riverton.
- Sharelle Brown, 26, of Ethete, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 1:20 p.m. Wednesday at Fremont County Circuit Court in Riverton.
- Levi Chancellor, 19, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear and for misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday at the Wind River Casino south of Riverton. Initial reports state Chancellor had been banned from the casino for the night but was refusing to leave the property.
- Lawrence Foster, 33, of Lander, was arrested on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear at about 8 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of Four Seasons Drive in Lander.
- A man reportedly was "harassing workers and causing issues" at about 8:20 a.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Pope and Tweed lanes in Lander.
- A vehicle reportedly struck a deer at about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois. Initial reports state the deer was in the highway.
- Two horses reportedly were seen on the roadway at about 11:15 a.m. Wednesday on Long Point Road west of Ocean Lake. The reporting party said one of the animals was lying in the roadway and appeared ill. The horse owner was contacted.
- A black calf reportedly was on the roadway at about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday on Honor Farm Road.
- Officers assisted with a grass fire that got "a little out of control" at about 2:20 p.m. Wednesday on Red Crow Street on the Wind River Indian Reservation.
- A juvenile girl was served a citation for tobacco use at about 5:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Group Home in the 2200 block of North Second Street in Lander.
- Grantor: FIDLER KRISTA K, MUTH KRISTA K, FIDLER LUKAS S Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 10 Township: 32N Range: 99W , Sub/Mine: TABLE MOUNTAIN ESTATES LA Lot: 8 City: LANDER Grantee: FIDLER KRISTA K, FIDLER LUKAS S Notes: VACATED PORTION OF TRACT 8, TABLE MOUNTAIN ESTATES
- Grantor: WORTHAM ROSS C, WORTHAM BILLIE S Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES REPLAT LTS 83-85,88-91 R... Grantee: WORTHAM ROSS C TRUSTEE, WORTHAM ROSS C & BILLIE S FAMILY TRUST, WORTHAM BILLIE S TRUSTEE
- Grantor: WORTHAM ROSS CAMERON, WORTHAM BILLIE JEAN Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES REPLAT LTS 83-85,88-91 R... Grantee: WORTHAM ROSS C, WORTHAM BILLIE S
- Grantor: UPDIKE TOM, UPDIKE PAULETTE Legal: Sub/Mine: TAYLOR SUB MI Lot: 12 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Sub/Mine: TAYLOR SUB MI Lot: 18 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: RODRIQUEZ GUADALUPE
- Grantor: NOETZELMANN MATTHEW, NOETZELMANN MATTHEW GREGGORY, NOETZELMANN ANGELA Legal: Sub/Mine: KIMBERLY ESTATES ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 2 City:... Grantee: NOETZELMANN MATTHEW GREGGORY
- Grantor: WHITEHURST JERRY, WHITEHURST CAROL Legal: Sub/Mine: BRIGGS SUB MI Lot: 3 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: BROWN KIMBERLY S
- Grantor: PETERSON TRAVIS B, PETERSON NECIA A Legal: Sub/Mine: VIRGINIA DALE 2ND ADD RI Lot: 13 Block: 3 Cit... Grantee: FRITZ ANDREW, FRITZ ANDREA
- Grantor: ANDERSON KERRY ANN Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON MESA SUB MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: GRIFFITH DAWNITA
- Grantor: FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION Legal: Sub/Mine: BURCHS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 4 City: RIVER... Grantee: BRYCE ANDREA LEE Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S Legal: Section: 1 Township: 1n Range: 4e Lot: 1 , Quarter: SENE Section: 1 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Section: 6 Township: 1N Range: 5E Lot: 6 , ... Grantee: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S
- Grantor: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S Legal: , Section: 1 Township: 1N Range: 4E Lot: 1 , Quarter: SENE Section: 1 Township: 1N Range: 4E , ... Grantee: DOYLE STEVE R CO TRUSTEE, DOYLE DEEANN D CO TRUSTEE, DOYLE FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S Legal: Sub/Mine: STRATTON SUB RI Lot: 14 City: RIVERTON Grantee: DOYLE STEVEN R, DOYLE DEEANN S
- Grantor: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S Legal: Sub/Mine: STRATTON SUB RI Lot: 14 City: RIVERTON Grantee: DOYLE STEVEN R CO TRUSTEE, DOYLE DEEANN S CO TRUSTEE, DOYLE FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST
- Grantor: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S Legal: Sub/Mine: CITY PARK ADD RI Lot: 5 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON Grantee: DOYLE STEVEN R , DOYLE DEEANN S
- Groom: SHULL JEREMIAH ETHAN SAMUEL Bride: CORDELL JULIE ANN
- Groom: METZLER JOSEPH THOMPSON Bride: MINNER CARVER CYNTHIA FAY
- Groom: REYNOLDS BROCK THOMAS Bride: WALKER CONSTANCE VIRGINIA
- Groom: JONES TIMOTHY EDWARD Bride: SCOTT EDEE MARIE
- Groom: BEMUS BILLY RAY Bride: SNYDER GRACE MARIE