Mar 11, 2014 - StaffBirths
A daughter was born to Angela and Richard Denke, of Pavillion, at 9:50 p.m. Jan. 17 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 3 pounds, 13 ounces.
A daughter was born to Nicole and Eric Depew, of Riverton, at 1:15 a.m. Feb. 22 at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 14 ounces.
Candace L. Brewer, 66, died Thursday, March 6, at home with her husband and children at her side. Services will be at 1 p.m. Friday, March 14, at Hudson's Funeral Home in Lander.
James "Cherri" Cherrington, 62, of Riverton, died Friday, March 7, at Riverton Memorial Hospital. A memorial service and ride will be in June at the Wind River Canyon.
Carolyn Derbish, 79, of Riverton and formerly of Pittsburg, Pa., died Sunday, March 9, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, March 14, at Davis Funeral Home.
Rolan "Barney" Himes, 83, of Riverton, died Monday, March 10. Arrangements are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Eugenia Lee Monroe, 46, of Riverton, died Saturday, March 8, at Wyoming Medical Center in Casper. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 13, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church. Burial will follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery. A rosary will be at 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 12, at St. Stephen's Catholic Church with a wake to follow at 972 Rendezvous Road.
Marla D. Thuringer, 73, of Riverton, died Monday, March 10, at Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation-Wind River. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday, March 14, at Davis Funeral Home. Burial will follow at Mountain View Cemetery. Viewing will be 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Davis Funeral Home.
Debra "Debbie" Wilkinson, 56, of Riverton, died Wednesday, March 5, at University of Utah Medical Center in Salt Lake City. A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at Davis Funeral Home.
Forrest M. Wisner, 74, of Commerce City, Colo., died Wednesday, March 5, at his home. A memorial service was at 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 11, at Tabor-Rice Funeral Home, 75 S. 13th Ave., in Brighton, Colo.
Free Tax Preparation is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 214 of the Health and Science Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. The income limit is roughly $52,000 to qualify for the free service. For more information, call Willie Noseep at 855-2149.
Pathways Through Grief is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Amedisys Home Health and Hospice, 514 E. Pershing Ave., Suite C, Riverton. The seminar is a special six-week support group for those wishing to understand and move past the pain experienced through the loss of a loved one. Seminar is free, but space is limited. For more information, contact Maria Sage at 856-6552 or email@example.com.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Benjamin Piper, 48, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 10:15 p.m. Friday at Riverton Memorial Hospital.
- Larry Bowman, 25, of Henderson, Texas, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container Saturday.
- Tiffany Roman, 32, of St. Stephen's, was arrested for shoplifting, child endangering and on two warrants for failure to appear Saturday.
- Byron Lincoln, 48, of Riverton, and Houston Headley, 45, of Arapahoe, and Jason Moon, 38, of Ethete, all were arrested for public intoxication at about 10:50 p.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Tyler Martin, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on warrants for burglary and larceny at about 12:20 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of East Jefferson Avenue.
- Lloyd Pick, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for breach of peace and resisting arrest at about 11:45 p.m. Monday in the 200 block of Railway Plaza.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Theodore Moss, 26, of Riverton, was arrested for battery.
- Travis Stevens, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Michaela Duran, 26, of Arapahoe, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Shane Gamble, 41, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday in a home on Little Valley Court north of Riverton. According to initial reports, he was "drunk and at the house causing problems."
- Tina Stagner, 51, of Riverton, was arrested for driving while under the influence at about 7:10 a.m. Monday in the 11200 block of U.S. Highway 26 west of Kinnear. Reports state she was trespassing in a driveway in the area.
- Vandalism was reported at about 10:30 a.m. Friday when a man on Deadman Gulch Road south of Lander said he found a broken window in his camper.
- A Bureau of Indian Affairs vehicle reportedly was involved in a minor accident at about 1 p.m. Friday in a parking lot in the 100 block of Norkok Street in Fort Washakie.
- A white passenger car reportedly was stranded at about 1:45 p.m. Friday on U.S. Highway 26 about 25 miles east of Dubois.
- A black and white Boston terrier was found at about 7:45 p.m. Friday on Tunnel Hill Road east of Pavillion; the blind animal was wearing a blue flea collar.
- Two tractor-trailer combinations reportedly were stuck in the snow at about 7:30 p.m. Friday in the 1700 block of Sand Draw Road east of Riverton.
- A black and white Australian shepherd was reported missing at about 1:30 p.m. Saturday from Sunshine Drive northeast of Lander.
- A golden retriever reportedly was chasing cattle at about 5:15 p.m. Saturday on Hawk Road west of Riverton.
- Two dogs reportedly were chasing horses at about 6:30 p.m. Friday on Y Drive north of Riverton.
- A traffic accident took place at about 9 p.m. Saturday west of Riverton after a vehicle reportedly lost control on a corner at the intersection of Buckhorn Flats and Reece roads. No injuries were reported, and no alcohol was involved, according to officials.
- A red Suzuki Samurai with white writing on the side reportedly was "sitting in the middle of the road" at about 6:20 p.m. Sunday in the 1100 block of Tan Drive south of Riverton.
- A juvenile from Riverview Cutoff west of Riverton was brought to the Riverton Memorial Hospital emergency room at about 7:20 p.m. Sunday because she reportedly had been bitten by a dog.
- Medication was reported missing at about 6 p.m. Monday from a house on Avon Lane northeast of Lander.
- Grantor: NATIONAL RESIDENTIAL NOMINEE SERVICE INC Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB ESTATES RI Lot: 22 City: RIVERTON Grantee: JOHNSON STEVEN B, JOHNSON MICHELE L
- Grantor: WALL MARLENE J, STEVENS WLLIAM S, SPURRIER JOAN M, ... Legal: Quarter: NWNW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E , Quarter: SWNW Section: 16 Township: 3N Range: 1E Grantee: STEVENS WILLIAM S
- Grantor: WILLIAMS J MARLENE Legal: Sub/Mine: BROADACRES SUB RI Lot: 7 City: RIVERTON Grantee: PATTERSON PATRICK, PATTERSON A COURTNEY Notes: TRACT 7
- Grantor: SPERRY DANIEL C Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 33 Township: 4N Range: 3W Grantee: OVERCAST SHERYL A
- Groom: SNIFFIN MICHAEL WILLIAM Bride: GIBBONS LISA MARIE
- Groom: MUNDA DAVID WAYNE Bride: BUTCHER KINDRA KAY Notes: CORRECTED GROOM'S NAME
- Groom: SHULL JEREMIAH ETHAN SAMUEL Bride: CORDELL JULIE ANN
- Groom: HOFFMAN RAYNE THOMAS Bride: ANESI KAYLA LYNN
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.