Do Republicans know their own party's resolutions?Mar 12, 2014 Robin Berry, Cody
Who are the Republicans these days? Are they the elite who seclude themselves from the everyday man? Are they the quiet folks whose only political action is to vote every other year?
Do Republicans know their platform, their resolutions for this cycle? Do Republicans contact their elected representatives and express an opinion upon how they wish to be governed? Are Republicans civic minded individuals who understand their duty to their community and to their state?
Who are the Republicans?
As for me being a citizen of the great state of Wyoming and a Republican means:
- knowing the platform of the party to which I belong,
- to hold accountable the representatives for whom I vote,
- to express my concerns and why to these representatives,
- to limit government to the least amount necessary because government is inherently power hungry and addictive and must always be watched,
- to teach my children about the grand history of our unique and blessed country and their responsibility to hold dear the Judeo-Christian values upon which it was established,
- to respect life,
- to be responsible for myself and to help my neighbor because that is what I learn in my faith walk with God.
So what does it mean to you to be a member of a political party? I am curious.