Mar 12, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Gladys F. Hill and Sonny Duran, of Fort Washakie, at 1:07 p.m. Jan. 1 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 9 pounds, 6 ounces.
A daughter was born to Natasha Antelope and Shane Duran, of Riverton, at 7:54 a.m. Jan. 31 at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces.
Rolan Rudolph Himes, 83, died Monday, March 10, in Riverton. Services will be at 4 p.m. Saturday, March 15, at Riverton Christian Church.
"A Rambling Stretch" is at 7:30 p.m. at the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton. A group of local and regional music professionals will perform the original composition of Riverton native Tyler Gilmore. The multimedia project explores the landscape and people of the Wind River Indian Reservation.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- Drew Blackburn, 27, of Arapahoe, was arrested for shoplifting and on a warrant for failure to appear at about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard. With him was Shane Blackburn, 25, of Riverton, who was arrested for shoplifting and on two warrants for failure to appear.
- Gerald SittingEagle, 51, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication and on a warrant for contempt of court at about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the band shell at Riverton City Park in the 800 block of East Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
- No arrests were recorded during this timeframe.
- The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded to two rollovers within 10 minutes. The first was reported at about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 11800 block of Wyoming Highway 789 between Riverton and Shoshoni and reportedly involved one vehicle that rolled over. The second was reported at about 8:50 a.m. Tuesday on Gas Hills Road east of Riverton and reportedly involved a tractor-trailer combination that rolled.
- A vehicle slide-off with no injuries was reported at about 9:10 a.m. Tuesday in the 3000 block of U.S. Highway 287 south of Lander. The same location was noted in a report made at about 9:25 a.m. Tuesday, when a blue Chrysler Town and Country reportedly slid into a stop sign and fence post. No injuries were reported.
- Grantor: HICKERSON MARK A, HICKERSON ARDITH A, MARTINSEN BRIAN D, ... Legal: Quarter: NE Section: 20 Township: 33N Range: 99W Grantee: PHINNEY MARGARET, PODZEMNY MARY
- Grantor: ABEL MATTHEW B , ABEL REBECCA L Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 14 Block: 6 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 12 Block: 6 City: LANDER Grantee: FOSTER AARON M , FOSTER KATHLEEN A
- Grantor: STARKS DANIEL J, STARKS CYNTHIA A Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 23 Township: 42N Range: 106W Grantee: CROSS AMY L
- Grantor: OVERCAST SHERYL A Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 33 Township: 4N Range: 3W Grantee: OVERCAST SHERYL A, OVERCAST GEORGE DIRK
- Grantor: ESTES NANCY L Legal: Quarter: NESW Section: 10 Township: 32N Range: 99W Grantee: NOVOTNY JOHN DREW, NOVOTNY PAULA SUE
- Grantor: MILLER MICHAEL W, RIDGWAY ERIC M, S-S A PARTNERSHIP Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 33 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: HEDICOOK LLC
- Grantor: SCHAEUFELE MARY MICHELE Legal: Sub/Mine: EAST LOGAN PARK ADD RI Lot: 31 Block: 4 City:... Grantee: BUNN STEPHAN T
- Groom: JLMENEZ ROBERT MANUEL Bride: SANCHEZ ALICIA JUANITA
- Groom: MENA JAIME ALBERTO Bride: BOWLSBY MACEY KIMBER
- Groom: MUNDA DAVID WAYNE Bride: BUTCHER KINDRA KAY Notes: CORRECTED GROOM'S NAME
- Groom: METZLER JOSEPH THOMPSON Bride: MINNER CARVER CYNTHIA FAY
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.