Mar 18, 2014 - StaffBirths
A son was born to Rosa Burnett and Robert Friday, of Fort Washakie, at 8:41 a.m. Feb. 12 at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds.
A son was born to Dionne Tidzump and Chado Friday, of Fort Washakie, at 5:30 p.m. Feb. 6 at Lander Regional Hospital. He weighed 8 pounds, 12 ounces.
"Miss Navajo" is at 7 p.m. at the Riverton Branch Library, 1330 W. Park Ave. The documentary follows the story of a Navajo beauty pageant. The event will be in honor of Women's History Month. Appetizers and refreshments will be served. For more information, call the library at 856-3556.
Business After Hours is 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at First American Title Insurance Co., 901 11th St., Lander.
Pathways Through Grief is 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Amedisys Home Health and Hospice, 514 E. Pershing Ave., Suite C, Riverton. The seminar is a special six-week support group for those wishing to understand and move past the pain experienced through the loss of a loved one. Seminar is free, but space is limited. For more information, contact Maria Sage at 856-6552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
- Bessie Blackburn, 34, of Arapahoe, was arrested for public intoxication at about 330 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of East Washington Ave.
- Eldon Antelope, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 1:30 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Ryan Hamlin, 23, of Riverton, was arrested for failure to appear at about 8:45 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of South Seventh Street East.
- Jaylee SittingEagle, 19, of Arapahoe, was arrested for driving under the influence and no driver's license at about 10:30 p.m. Friday on West Main Street. With her was Trinity Shakespeare, 20, of Arapahoe, who was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and for minor in possession.
- Melvin Brown, 59, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 2:45 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Victoria Moss, 54, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence, no insurance and no seatbelt at about 4:15 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of West Monroe Avenue.
- Lionel Brown, 46, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Pershing Avenue.
- Lindsey Thurman, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence with a blood-alcohol content of .21 at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the 700 block of South Federal Boulevard. She also was arrested for no driver's license and duty to stop.
- Chauncey Friday, 47, of Ethete, was arrested for filing a false report to police and for interference with an emergency call at about 11:45 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of Forest Drive.
- Cassandra Looper, 31, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and no insurance at about 2 a.m. Sunday in the 700 block of East Main Street.
- Russell Oldman, 25, of Ethete, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear and for public intoxication at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of East Main Street.
- Stephanie Behan, 29, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear just before 4 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Tina Jenkins, 40, of Ethete, was arrested for no interlocking device, no insurance, driving while under suspension, speeding and three seatbelt violations at about 4 p.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of West Main Street. Officials said she had children in her vehicle who were not restrained in car seats.
- Eldon Antelope, 49, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 3 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- James Pulver, 25, of Riverton, was arrested for kidnapping and domestic battery at about 4:40 p.m. Monday in the 1500 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Byron Lincoln, 48, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 8:10 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Evan Austin, 19, of Riverton, was arrested for driving under the influence and minor in possession at about 11:55 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of North Broadway Avenue.
- Christopher Webb, 23, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear early Tuesday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Monday morning:
- Glenn Davis, 53, of Rock Springs, was arrested for driving under the influence and open container at about 8:10 p.m. Sunday in the 10300 block of Wyoming Highway 789 south of Riverton. Reports state he was stopped by the Wind River Police Department.
- Travis Stevens, 33, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Joseph Withrow, 33, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation and for resisting arrest and interference with police resulting in bodily injury at about 4 p.m. Sunday in the 200 block of Market Street in Lander. Reports state a deputy stopped Withrow for a traffic violation and found out that the subject had an active warrant for his arrest. Withrow reportedly was asked to get out of his vehicle, at which point he "took off running," at some point ducking down an alley. The deputy and a Lander police office reportedly pursued Withrow on foot, and the deputy injured a leg after having to jump over debris. The police officer was able to apprehend Withrow and also was injured in the process, according to reports.
- A mailbox reportedly was damaged after being struck by a vehicle on Wild Licorice Road south of Pavillion. The report was made at about 8:30 a.m. Friday.
- A dead dog in the middle of the road reportedly was causing a traffic hazard at about 1 p.m. Friday in the 10100 block of Wyoming Highway 789 north of Riverton.
- A woman called emergency responders at about 6:20 p.m. Friday to report seeing smoke coming from a chimney on Moose Drive north of Dubois. Officials said a wood stove had overheated; the fire call was unfounded.
- Four or five black cows reportedly were causing a traffic hazard at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday on Lyons Valley Road near Lander.
- A motorcycle and pickup truck reportedly were involved in a traffic accident at about 4:15 p.m. Saturday in the 200 block of West Monroe Avenue in Riverton. The reporting party said no one was injured, though there was a "small amount of road blockage."
- A burglary was reported at about 8:30 a.m. Sunday from Pebble Drive west of Riverton. The reporting party said a window to a business there was open and a laptop was missing from the building. Officials have no suspects.
- Grantor: COGGINS GARVEST LLOYD JR, COGGINS WINNIE LORAINE Legal: Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #2 DU Lot: 46 City: DUB... Grantee: GLASSOW JANICE ALANE
- Grantor: AVALON INC Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 11 Block: 16 ... Grantee: SOLSTICE12 INC
- Grantor: ANDREWS BEVERLY H Legal: Sub/Mine: INTERMOUNTAIN ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 3 City: RI..., Sub/Mine: INTERMOUNTAIN ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 3 City: RI... Grantee: ANDREWS BEVERLY H TRUSTEE, ANDREWS BEVERLY H LIVING TRUST
- Grantor: NELSON SHANE H Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 1 Block: 6 City: LANDER Grantee: NELSON SHANE H TRUSTEE, NELSON TABITHA R TRUSTEE, NELSON SHANE H & TABITHA R TRUST
- Grantor: HAUN RICHARD E TRUSTEE, HAUN JANICE F TRUSTEE, HAUN JANICE F LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNNY BUTTE SUB MI City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: BROWN JEFFREY L, BROWN SONDRA D Notes: OUT PART OF THE SUNNY BUTTE SUBDIVISION
- Grantor: TIMBERLINE INVESTMENTS LLC Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES REPLAT PT BLKS 2 & 21 RI Lot..., Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES REPLAT PT BLKS 2 & 21 RI Lot... Grantee: VREDENBURG MATTHEW R, VREDENBURG SHEREE K
- Grantor: WYOMING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY Legal: Sub/Mine: BURCHS 1ST ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: RIVER... Grantee: SECRETARY OF THE US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOP... Notes: SPECIAL WARRANTY DEED
- Grantor: JONES JOHN K Legal: Quarter: NENE Section: 35 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: JONES JOHN K, JONES JOHN KEITH SR
- Grantor: HARRISON DONALD WADE, HARRISON REBECCA PETERSON Legal: Sub/Mine: GRANDVIEW ESTATES REPLAT OF LOTS 8 & 9 MI Lot:... Grantee: BROOKFIELD GLOBAL RELOCATION SERVICES LLC
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.