News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Students advance to state History Day contest
Mar 19, 2014 - From staff reports
Twenty-two students from Fremont County will advance to the state History Day competition in Laramie after qualifying at the district level March 3 at Riverton High School. The top three in each category advanced. The state competition is in April.
- SadieThatch and Sydney Polson, "A Question of Loyalty," Lander
- Drew Thornton, Sarah McDonald and Taylor DeVries, "Bosnian Genocide," Riverton
- Dietrik Becker and Elija Dvorak, "MX Missile Basing in Wyoming," Riverton
- Courtney Olson, Camey Fegler and Jerit Dion, "Eugenics," Riverton
- Kiley Ridgway, Savannah Salisbury and Kenisha Muehler, "Assimilation Policy and Boarding Schools," Riverton
- Jacee Shultz, Edwin Erickson and Jordan Settlemire, "Euthanasia," Riverton
- Tori Verosky, Kaite Cunningham and Jamie Mathis, "Responsible Treatment of the Mentally Ill," Riverton
- Caleb Richmond, "Native American Citizenship," Riverton
- Reed Campbell, "Establishment Clause," Riverton
- McKenna Christopherson, "Indentured Servants," Riverton
History Day engages students in grades 6-12 in the process of discovery and interpretation of historical topics. Students produce dramatic performances, imaginative exhibits, multimedia documentaries and research papers based on research related to a theme. These projects are then evaluated at local, state and national competitions.