Mar 28, 2014 - StaffCorrections
In Thursday's Ranger, the page one story "Guilty plea by second Rails to Trails attacker" should have said Fremont County Attorney Michael Bennett had reduced Santana Mendoza's charges from second degree murder for the death of David Ronald Moss Jr. and from attempted second degree murder for injuring Alleeah Crispin.
A daughter was born to Angela and Tyler McCann, of Pavillion, at 5:25 p.m. Jan. 29 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Whitney Ghostbear, of Riverton, and Elvin McClain, of St. Stephen's, at 8:14 a.m. Jan. 22 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
Brenda Miska, 47, formerly of Riverton, died Tuesday, March 25, in Oregon surrounded by family. Visitation will be noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, March 30, at Virgil T. Golden Funeral Services in Salem, Ore. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday, March 31, at Salem First Church of the Nazarene in Salem, Ore. Burial will follow at Cloverdale Cemetery in Turner, Ore.
Salena Trembely, 99, of Riverton, died Thursday, March 27, at Hot Springs County Memorial Hospital. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Wyoming Game and Fish Department Open House is at 6 p.m. at the WGFD Lander office, 260 Buena Vista Drive. The department seeks thoughts, ideas and questions regarding the 2014 hunting season proposals (big game, small game, game birds, waterfowl and wild bison).
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
Tomi L. Born from Matthew W. Born. Joint custody of minor child.
Denise Yolanda Canipe from James Thomas Canipe. Wife's former name of Breeden restored.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday to Friday morning:
- Ronald Moskovita, 52, of Riverton, was arrested for domestic violence battery Wednesday.
- John Wood, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for assault, carrying concealed weapons, use of a controlled substance and criminal entry Wednesday.
- Rodney JealousOfHim, 51, of Ethete, was arrested for assault and public intoxication at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. He reportedly had asked a man for some money outside of the McDonald's restaurant on North Federal Boulevard. The man refused, and JealousOfHim reportedly "cussed" at him and "swung a walking cane at his head." The man reportedly was able to block the attack with his arm but was struck by the cane; he did not need medical attention.
- Charlene Yellowfox, 48, of Riverton, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear at about 5:15 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of East Lincoln Avenue.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday to Friday morning:
- Shawn Limpy, 25, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation at about 11 p.m. Wednesday at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office in Lander.
- Danielle White, 23, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for driving under the influence at about 1:30 a.m. Thursday on Arapahoe Ranch Road in Pavillion. According to initial reports, she had called the police to say she had been in a fight with her sister at the Rezeride Roadhouse Saloon near Kinnear. She reportedly said she had "no idea" where she was after leaving the bar. Deputies located her on North Pavillion Road; she had no further information concerning the alleged assault.
- Joei Beheler, 31, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear at about 9:50 p.m. Thursday on Mount Hope Drive in Lander.
- Sandra Manzanares, 57, of Riverton, was arrested for felony possession of methamphetamine with intent to deliver and for driving while under suspension Thursday afternoon. The arrest reportedly came after Manzanares was stopped by a deputy near Shoshoni for failure to display license plates on her vehicle. Manzanares was found to have a suspended driver's license during the traffic stop, according to reports. The drugs reportedly were located in plain view while the deputy was in contact with her. Possession of more than three grams of methamphetamine is a felony in the Wyoming, andManzanares was found with approximately 14 grams. She was arrested for possession with intent to deliver based on the amount of meth seized.
- Timber Morland, 20, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear and on a warrant out of Rio Blanco County, Colo., at about 520 p.m. Thursday on Gas Hills Road east of Riverton.
- The Wind River Police Department responded to reports of a stab or gunshot at about 2;45 a.m. Friday on 17 Mile Road near Ethete. No further information was available, but the Fremont County Coroner was not called to the scene.
- Grantor: MARTINEZ HECTOR R JR, MARTINEZ AMY L Legal: Sub/Mine: STONER ADD AMENDED PLAT RI Lot: 11 City: RIVE... Grantee: DECOTEAU HERMIS, DECOTEAU ANNETTE
- Grantor: GISH ANITA J, EMERSON ANITA J, GISH DAVID Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 36 Township: 2N Range: 4E Grantee: EMERSON MIKEL SHANE, EMERSON CLARISA DAWN Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Grantor: SMITH SHARON KAY HILL Legal: Section: 17 Township: 2N Range: 2E Lot: 1 Grantee: PRES XLI LLC Notes: FARM UNIT "A" ACCORDING TO THE FARM UNIT PLAT
- Grantor: MOUNTAIN VALLEY INC Legal: Sub/Mine: MOUNTAIN SPLENDOR SUB MI Lot: 14 City: MISCEL... Grantee: ROTROFF TODD W, ROTROFF SYLVIA A
- Grantor: LEONHARDT BRENDA Legal: Half: N Quarter: NE Section: 17 Township: 2N Range: 2E Grantee: PRES XLI LLC Notes: WITH EASEMENT
- Groom: SULLIVAN TIMOTHY JOSEPH Bride: PINGETZER JESSICA ROSE
- Groom: READY ADAM WAYNE Bride: HAGUE BRANDY ANN
Get your copy of The Ranger online, every day! If you are a current print subscriber and want to also access dailyranger.com online (there is nothing more to purchase) including being able to download The Mining and Energy Edition, click here. Looking to start a new online subscription to dailyranger.com (even if it is for just one day)? Access our secure SSL encrypted server and start your subscription now by clicking here.