News of Riverton, Lander and Fremont County, Wyoming, from the Ranger's award winning journalists.
Today in Fremont County
Apr 1, 2014 - Staff
A son was born to Clair and Josh McFarland, of Riverton, at 2:01 a.m. Jan. 25 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces.
A son was born to Clair and Josh McFarland, of Riverton, at 1:47 a.m. Jan. 25 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 5 ounces.
A daughter was born to Brenda and Travis McIntyre, of Lander, at 3:32 p.m. Feb. 5 at Lander Regional Hospital. She weighed 5 pounds, 6.8 ounces.
A son was born to Rachel and Julian Mejorado, of Riverton, at 10:33 a.m. Jan. 2 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 1 ounce.
A daughter was born to Lindsay and Benjamin Morgan, of Riverton, at 11:23 a.m. Feb. 19 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. She weighed 6 pounds, 6 ounces.
A son was born to Elicia Antelope and Joseph Myers, of Riverton, at 9:45 a.m. Jan. 8 at Riverton Memorial Hospital. He weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.
Riverton resident Harold Meredith Hugus died Thursday, Feb. 27, 2014. He was 89 years old. A memorial service is at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 6, at First Church of the Nazarene, 406 E. Sunset in Riverton.
Phyllis A. Carman of Riverton died at her home on Wednesday, March 26, 2014. She was 60 years old. Services will be scheduled later.
Reed T. Paulsen of Riverton died Sunday, March 30, 2014. He was 21 years old. Visitation is from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, April 3, at Davis Funeral Home. Funeral services are at 10 a.m. Friday, April 4, in the Fremont Center at the Fremont County Fairgrounds in Riverton. Burial follows at Mountain View Cemetery.
Michael Lee Duran died at his home in Arapahoe on Monday, March 31, 2014. He was 50. A rosary and wake are held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 2, at 16 C'Hair Lane. A funeral mass is at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 3, at St Stephen's Catholic Mission, with burial to follow at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery.
Veterans Assistance is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Riverton VA Clinic, 2300 Rose Lane.
Free Tax Preparation is 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. in room 214 of the Health and Science Center at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
The income limit is roughly $52,000 to qualify for the free service. For more information, call Willie Noseep at 855-2149.
Taize Worship Service is at 7 p.m. at St. James Episcopal Church, 519 E. Park Ave., Riverton.
This is a quiet time of meditation to music from the Taize community in France, with scripture readings and candlelight. Event is open to the public.
Eye to Eye Presentation is 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Health and Science Center auditorium at Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton.
The program pairs learning-disabled children with high school and college mentors. Event is free and open to the public.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Tuesday morning:
• Rodney Jealous Of Him, 51, from Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication;
• Charles Hereford, 28, from Fort Washakie, was arrested for DWUI;
• Aloysius Pipe, 46, from Fort Washakie, was arrested for public intoxication;
• Theodore Goggles, 72, from Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication;
• Thunder LittleThunder, 23, from Riverton, was arrested for probation revocation;
• Wade Hargreaves, 39, from Sioux Falls, S.D., was arrested for DWUI;
• Chauncey Friday, 47, from Ethete, was arrested for public intoxication;
• Diamond Baca, 21, from Riverton, was arrested for contempt of court;
• Jason Moon, 38, from Ethete, was arrested for Public Intoxication and Urinating in Public
• John Quiver, 18, from Lander was arrested for theft and MIP;
• Marty Moore, 32, from Riverton, was arrested for disturbing the peace and trespassing;
• Matthew Smith, 22, from Kinnear, was arrested for property destruction, possession of controlled substance, DWUI, eluding police, reckless driving, DWUS, and an open container violation.
Riverton Police Department was called to the area of the RedWood Apartments Monday evening for a male subject who had been driving a gold sedan at high rates of speed and was seen urinating on the wall of an apartment.
Officers attempted to contact the male, Matthew Smith, who sped off in the vehicle. Officers followed Smith into Walmart parking lot, where Smith almost hit a female pedestrian before driving onto North Federal Boulevard at a high rate of speed.
The Fremont County Sheriff's Deputy followed Smith for some time while Riverton Police responded back to RedWood Apartments and observed that Smith and smashed out a window of the apartment.
Smith was taken into custody by the Fremont County Sheriffs Office.
• Grantor: PATTISON RICHARD W, PATTISON JOYCE LEE Legal: Section: 17 Township: 3N Range: 3E Grantee: PINCE DANIEL J, PINCE KATHLEEN M
• Grantor: FINCH LANCE E, FINCH JUDY A Legal: Quarter: SE Section: 16 Township: 1N Range: 4E Grantee: VROMAN ERIC A , LEHMAN KATIE D
• Grantor: HINKLE SARAH ANN SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, HINKLE CALE THOMAS SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, HINKLE DAVID REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 2ND ADD LA Lot: 11 Block: 98 City: ... Grantee: PERRY & RICHARD COOK LLC, COOK PERRY AND RICHARD LLC
• Grantor: GOSE DYLLIS M Legal: Quarter: NWNE Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W , Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W Lot: 2 , Quarter: NENW Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W , ... Grantee: GOSE SCHUMACHER DULCINDA ANN Notes: DURABLE GENERAL POWER OF ATTORNEY ATTACHED
• Grantor: WYOMING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 15 Block: 3 City: S..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 16 Block: 3 City: S... Grantee: SECRETARY OF US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT , US DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT
• Grantor: MUSGRAVE MATTHEW C Legal: Sub/Mine: BRENTWOOD ADD REPLAT TRACT A & LOT 7 BLK 1 RI..., Sub/Mine: BRENTWOOD ADD REPLAT TRACT A & LOT 7 BLK 1 RI... Grantee: MCM LAND & DEVELOPMENT LLC
• Grantor: WNB FINANCE INC, WYOMING COMMUNITY FINANCE Legal: Half: W Quarter: SW Section: 22 Township: 3N Range: 3E Grantee: MANCHESTER KALYN D, MANCHESTER DAVID
• Grantor: SCHWARTZ BARRY, SCHWARTZ ANNETTE MARIE Legal: Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 103 City: MISCELLAN... Grantee: BLACK ROBIN SAMMI LEA, BLACK MARGARITE
• Grantor: BENNETT LARRY JASON, BENNETT ALICIA Legal: Sub/Mine: FOREST PARK 1ST ADD RI Lot: 2 Block: 5 City: ... Grantee: DENNY PATRICK H
In afternoon trading, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 61.42 to 16,519.08, an increase of .37 percent.
The NASDAQ was up 53.69 to 4252.63, an increase of 1.28 percent.
The S&P 500 was up 9.32 to 1,881.12, an all-time high and an increase of .5 percent.