Menu
 

Dear Readers,
 
Beginning Wed., Oct. 25, The Ranger will reinstate our subscription program for our digital-only customers. (The online Ranger will continue to be provided free as an added service to all Ranger print subscribers). We hope you will continue to enjoy Fremont County's best journalism in print and also online, all day, every day!



Pot cookie blamed in student death

Apr 2, 2014 Associated Press

DENVER (AP) -- The Denver coroner says an exchange student from Wyoming fell to his death after eating a marijuana cookie.

It's the first reported death linked to marijuana since the drug became legal for recreational use in Colorado in January.

Nineteen-year-old Levy Thamba died after falling from the balcony of a Denver hotel on March 11.

An autopsy report released Wednesday says he died from the fall but also lists "marijuana intoxication" as a contributing factor in his death.

Officials at Northwest College in Powell say Thamba, a native of the Republic of Congo, started taking classes there as an exchange student in January.

Police have not released the findings of their investigation, but those findings are presumed to be part of the coroner's report, and vice versa.

Print Story
 
Read The Ranger...
2017-10-22